Coco Grow Fed Once. Yes Once

Owderb

you can use in coco , soil or 70/30 so the emails said. snagged a couple of packs myself and will give a couple of 15ltrs of coco a go for a change, i'm sure i can keep a 15ltr of coco moist long enough at a time lol

@Owderb have you sampled any yet mate? just wondering about flushing or the lack of needing to

nice buds btw

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 6

On 06/11/2022 at 7:22 PM, Darknight420710 said:

That looks nice, do you wet trim? 

Always mate

18 hours ago, ratdog said:

@Owderb have you sampled any yet mate? just wondering about flushing or the lack of needing to

Not dry enough yet chap

Owd

• Like 1

On 06/11/2022 at 3:35 PM, Gaijin said:

@Owderb  I was talking to them during the week and whomever it was suggested mixing two of the one-pot packs evenly into 30 litres of medium, making 3 x 10L pots an option

Mmmmm. Like Ive said Ive only put it out there and am no expert on it but I'd be a bit worried about that. Whoever told you that might be absolutely correct, in fact I hope they are, but I have my reservations seeing as the Beanstalk bloke said 15ltr was really a minimum. My thinking is that he told me that because you may need a minimum amount in the pot to sustain a plant for up to 90 days so lowering that amount might just reduce that time. He told me that the ready mixed packs are perfect for 15ltrs so thats what I'd do but it would be good to find out if doing it the way you were told will work. Yes I used a smaller pot but it had a full pack of the mix in there. Like I say I dont know what will be best. Be good for folk to experiment especially with it being free at the moment

Owd

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Owderb said:

Mmmmm. Like Ive said Ive only put it out there and am no expert on it but I'd be a bit worried about that. Whoever told you that might be absolutely correct, in fact I hope they are, but I have my reservations seeing as the Beanstalk bloke said 15ltr was really a minimum. My thinking is that he told me that because you may need a minimum amount in the pot to sustain a plant for up to 90 days so lowering that amount might just reduce that time. He told me that the ready mixed packs are perfect for 15ltrs so thats what I'd do but it would be good to find out if doing it the way you were told will work. Yes I used a smaller pot but it had a full pack of the mix in there. Like I say I dont know what will be best. Be good for folk to experiment especially with it being free at the moment

Owd

Interesting as it was a Beanstalk person that I spoke to. I'll go reread the email. OK, I think upon rereading he is kinda saying, "You could give this a try but 15L is what we'd recommend" In more words and with a request to document findings here on the site. So, I'm glad you had me check up on myself lol 

Par

Part of me thinks like this, though :  Assuming this feed comes in pellets, each pellet would be designed to break down over the 90 days, wouldn't it? So even if you split a pack 5 ways between 3L pots, wouldn't you have enough for a plant to spend 90 days in a 3L pot? As long as you were keeping the plant to a size appropriate for a 3L pot. I could be very very wrong lol Something to test out once I get going inside

• Like 5

Got some samples of this on the way so thanks for the heads up @Owderb :yep:

A bit of info I was also given was that the 15L pot pack is for a max plant size of 60cm2 or 4Sqft, initially I was thinking of doing one of my trees in it but it seems I’ll need to use a much bigger pot than the 30L one I currently use something more along the lines of 60-75L so I’m probably just going to try the recommended 15L pot for now.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Marky1000 said:

Do you still have to ph the water if in coco.

It's in the op mate

" I asked about ph and ec monitoring and he said you dont need to "

• Like 2

Received my samples today thanks to the helpful peeps at Ecothrive :yep:

In the brochure provided it does mention being able to use 10L pot's so I’m assuming if they’ve printed that in there then it’s fine to use that size pot?

Also I was thinking theses nutrients could be a dream come true for 15L Auto Pot users @4kali literally just top the tank up with water…job done! That’s what I’m probably going to try.

Did anyone receive the cool Ecothrive papers with their samples as well? …not much use to me now though as I only vape lol

• Like 6

@Notorious B.U.D yes mate I seen someone post a thread on them the other day. 

I always wanted to give them a try, and love the concept of hassle free growing, it does sound good to me but I just can't get my head round the fact that,with them being a slow release fertelizer, then how can you possibly suit the plants needs when for example there's about 5 different stages of a flowering plant all needing tweeks/ different nutrient ratios at the various stages. I suppose if you had a run with them and observed properly the

differing strains and how they react to them and then go from there who knows how good you could tune things in. deffinetley worth a punt though.

on another note mate lovely job. I'm always here lurking seeing how ya getting on

atb

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, 4kali said:

but I just can't get my head round the fact that,with them being a slow release fertelizer, then how can you possibly suit the plants needs when for example there's about 5 different stages of a flowering plant all needing tweeks/ different nutrient ratios at the various stages. I suppose if you had a run with them and observed properly

have you read the thread mate?, owds did a grow with a few pics

Edited by ratdog

who? yes I read a thread . can't remember the name though. just remember seeing a plant that wasn't in as good as nick as the others that were fed there usual diet. or I could be mistaken. one minute Im Reading something then nthe next minute it's gone @ratdog

On 06/11/2022 at 9:43 PM, Shumroom said:

@Gaijin was that for coco or a compost? 

Atb 

:yinyang:

I'm so sorry, I missed this @Shumroom  Your @ was broken

Compost, when I was briefly emailing back and forth. I haven't received anything yet, but it's the post, isn't it :doh:  Bit of a lottery atm lol 

• Like 1

On 08/11/2022 at 5:47 PM, ratdog said:

@Owderb have you sampled any yet mate?

I have now and it was fine. It was not harsh at all which to be fair was a bit of a surprise. Not tried any of the bud I flushed out for a week but it cant be any worse so all good

Owd

• Like 10

16 hours ago, 4kali said:

who? yes I read a thread .

this thread mate, plant looked great to me, but i'm an amateur lol

2 hours ago, Owderb said:

I have now and it was fine. It was not harsh at all which to be fair was a bit of a surprise. Not tried any of the bud I flushed out for a week but it cant be any worse so all good

Owd

nice one, i'm about to clean out a couple of 15ltrs to give it a spin

• Like 7