Do Almost Nothing for a Chance to Win a Lifetime Subscription

Gaijin

40 minutes ago, Sid the sloth said:

I had bills defense so I'm happy with that, 7 sacks and only 10 points scored against. 

I think some people will take a real interest in nfl and proper get into it, start supporting a team and everything 

Definitely, I want to know everything, it's way more interesting than I thought it was going to be.  :hippy:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

Definitely, I want to know everything, it's way more interesting than I thought it was going to be.  :hippy:

It can be a bit of a rabbit hole to fall down, I think. You can really start digging deep into the tiny details for each of your players. Some have great career stats playing in warmer weather games, for example. Not so good playing against teams in colder climes. Some are better on real grass; others on AstroTurf. Then there's timing of games - all the players that played last night have 10 days rest until their next game. The Chiefs play this Sunday, but then the Thursday after that; much shorter recovery time. Did their Sunday game go to overtime? You might think it's better to sit tired Chiefs players NEXT week, if you have them. But then, it's early on in the season, so the short break between games shouldn't be too hard to overcome ..... but how about later in the season? The possibilities are endless lol Just Google NFL week one fantasy guides 

@Sid the sloth Wouldn't that be great - create a few new fans :D Next year we'll have a full league, I feel 

• Like 1

@gaijin hopefully whoevers taking part this year enjoys it and drag some of their friends along next year. Although it can be hard to understand the rules of the actual game at first its easy to get in to. I started watching nfl at jfk Airport when my flight home got delayed and from there I was hooked. So any newbies out there get watching redzone at 6pm Sunday lol

✌️

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Gaijin said:

Some are better on real grass; others on AstroTurf.

Reminds me of dell and Rodney chatting up the ladies in the club pretending Rodney is a pro tennis player 

They ask him what he prefers astro turf or grass 

Dunno never smoked astro turf was his answer 

• Like 1

On 23/08/2022 at 7:57 PM, Dodgee said:

Be fair I give enough to all you fuckas already like

Well I must have been at the back of the queue Dodgee cause I never got nada, zip, zero, zilch, nil pois, diddly, squat, a slice o wind or a fifth of fuckall :wassnnme:lol

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Oldbluesmileog said:

I lost interest when I saw the letters NFL, sorry like, I gave this thread a chance, good luck with it 

Hey no worries mate, it's not for everyone :) 

@Gaijin just out of curiosity or as i would say being a nosey cunt lol who is providing the prizes for the winner and runner up in this?

Sounds great fun just wondered what the cause was? Or is it you willing to give away £125 just for a bit of fun?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Revive said:

@Gaijin just out of curiosity or as i would say being a nosey cunt lol who is providing the prizes for the winner and runner up in this?

Sounds great fun just wondered what the cause was? Or is it you willing to give away £125 just for a bit of fun?

Just giving it away for a bit of fun, mate :) I did naively think there would be a stampede to get in and have a chance to win, but hey, it's just the 8 of us this year. Nice and cosy lol I'll do it again next year for sure; I think everyone's more into it than they thought they'd be, so hopefully enough want to do it next year

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Gaijin said:

Just giving it away for a bit of fun, mate :) I did naively think there would be a stampede to get in and have a chance to win, but hey, it's just the 8 of us this year. Nice and cosy lol I'll do it again next year for sure; I think everyone's more into it than they thought they'd be, so hopefully enough want to do it next year

Fuking hats off to you bro.. laying something out your own pocket for the entertainment of others.. a selfless act.. good karma comming your way dude :yinyang:

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Gaijin said:

Just a thought but you and @Oldbearare both lifetime subscribers, so what happens if you guys finish 1st and 2nd?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

Just a thought but you and @Oldbearare both lifetime subscribers, so what happens if you guys finish 1st and 2nd?

I’m not going to award a prize to myself. I can’t imagine my team in its current form making our playoff rounds so I’m not too concerned. In the unlikely event that I win or come in second place, the prize(s) will slip down to the team below me. If @Oldbear wins, I’m sure he’ll be happy with the 7 packs of seeds regardless of whether or not he’s already a lifer. I think I’m on my 3rd lifetime sub this year already :wassnnme: 

In the years ahead, I envision a COTC-like banner under the league winner’s name :rofl: 

• Like 1

It's really quite exciting now that it's Sunday. I've just been tweaking my team but any insider knowledge regarding Edwards-Helaire would be grateful, i.e is he likely to start? Is he any good?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

It's really quite exciting now that it's Sunday. I've just been tweaking my team but any insider knowledge regarding Edwards-Helaire would be grateful, i.e is he likely to start? Is he any good?

He's the Chiefs' starting RB at this point in time, so he'll be the starting RB today for the Chiefs. However: The Chiefs have a guy called Mahommes, and so have leant towards throwing the ball, not running with it, over the last few years. The Chiefs also like to use more than one RB each game; sharing the workload around, but also sharing the potential fantasy points around. 

With quite a few personnel changes during the offseason, there's a general agreement that the Chiefs offense will be different this year, but it's impossible to say if they'll run the ball more of less than last year. 

On the whole, if I had Edwards-Helaire on my team, I would probably start him this week and see what kind of usage he gets (ie I would look at the stats from the Chiefs/Cardinals game and see how many running backs the Chiefs used and where they used them. Some RBs are only brought into the game when the ball is on the 1 yard line and they need a battering ram to get into the end zone for the touchdown. That type of RB gets few touches, but most are potential touchdowns. Another type of RB might run all day long, but not get used to score the touchdowns).

I'd play him this week for sure, as he is listed as the team's day 1 starter. See how he looks at 21:30 tonight

• Like 1