Do Almost Nothing for a Chance to Win a Lifetime Subscription

Gaijin

The first game of the NFL season 2022 is Thursday evening in the US :D This translates to a GMT kickoff at 01.20am Friday morning. 

Wednesday each week is a good day to check and see if any of your players are playing on Thursday night, or have a bye week, or are injured. That way you can move players who aren’t playing that weekend onto your bench. Subbing in players that ARE playing, if you see what I mean :yep: 

I best log in and check my own 

Good luck everyone :) 

• Like 4

Well, I've been so busy at work, this is the first chance I've had to sit down and look at my team "properly" lol Crossing my fingers that I can still make changes and it's not "locked in" 24 hrs before kickoff, or something :doh:  

• Like 2

Fuck I keep forgetting, let me know if we still have time. Is it easy enough to swap them about?  What should I be looking for in a good player? I literally don't even know how to play American Football and have never watched a game lol

• Like 2

@MindSoup  This is what I did:

Click on "My Team" 

Click on "Projections"

On the far RH side the column lists each of your players projected Fantasy Points. How close to reality that works out is another story lol 

So let's say you have two QBs at the top left of your team, and one QB on your bench. Click on this spot next to a player that's on your team: 

large_F1.jpg

The following will happen on your team list: Anyone that can swap off of your bench will be highlighted the same way as the player you clicked on. Clicking on the new player will swap the two players

large_F2.jpg

So in the pic above, if player Dak Prescott was projected to score less points than player Marcus Mariota, I would click on the symbol next to Prescott's name, then click on the up/down arrows next to Mariota's name. This would swap the players. One onto the bench and one onto your active team. 

if one of your players is projected to score 0.0 points, they probably aren't playing at all this week, so swap them out with a player that is playing

Hope that helps. That's all I've done; all I've got the time to do :doh:  

If no one on your team is playing until Sunday, you have until Sunday morning to change your team. If you have players listed that are playing on Thursday, you can only make changes to them prior to Thursday's game. Your remaining players can still be moved around up until their Sunday games start. That made sense in my head 

See pic below. The time each of your players' game starts is listed next to the date. Remember that the time difference is 5 hours (US Eastern Standard Time) - New York Time, basically. So the 1pm games listed on Sundays, for example, start at 6pm here 

large_F3.jpg

• Like 1

Right I want my money back lol you said do almost nothing! In my head this definitely qualifies as doing something :furious:

Oh yeah it was free :doh:

I'll crack on with it. Thanks for spoon feeding me the info. 

• Like 3

The thing to remember is that every one of us that makes changes based on the "projected scores" will see a player that was projected to score 3 points, score 30 while sitting on your bench uselessly; and vice versa: someone projected to score 50 points that you move off the bench onto your team, and they score 2 points. Or get injured in the first few minutes and score nothing. The projected scores are nothing but an educated guess

• Like 2

Well I've got distracted again, do looks like I'll just take my chances and see where I land, like you say I could well end up swapping loads of stuff about and still get it wrong, I've got absolutely no idea what I'm talking about lol.

• Like 2

Hey, I did this two years running, about 20 years ago, on Yahoo Sports, not NFL.com. It's almost as new to me as it is to you :) 

• Like 2

I've swapped loads. I've probably over done it but my neuro-divergent brain just gets carried away. I still seem to be a player short as I have a space on my bench but I can't seem to add anyone else or add another D or K.

The way I look at it, it's best to fuck around as much as you can and try stuff out in your first season. 

Edited by Arbre Medicinal
  • Like 2

Well. It looks like anyone with players on the Bills offense is going to score some points this season 

I was at work until 3am this morning, so I checked on all our games a number of times, watching the scores change :D 

@Arbre Medicinal Josh Allen might win you the whole thing if he keeps that up all season 

@MindSoup I can't remember who each team belongs to. Stoners :rolleyes:lol  Did you score any points last night? I didn't have any players playing last night

• Like 1

I can't remember the website to find out lol

My team is the Jimmy Rifters. 

E2A Just remembered it's at the beginning of the thread. No points for me so far. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

I had bills defense so I'm happy with that, 7 sacks and only 10 points scored against. 

I think some people will take a real interest in nfl and proper get into it, start supporting a team and everything 

• Like 3