Do Almost Nothing for a Chance to Win a Lifetime Subscription

Gaijin

I've joined, I wasn't going to but as you needed just one more...Go Tokers! 

ETA; I used the direct link that you posted, to the actual league log in, I couldn't find the league by searching on the site itself.

Edited by Arbre Medicinal
  • Like 2

@Arbre Medicinal welcome aboard! :D 

@Degsy Technically the deadline is tomorrow morning at 6am, when the players will be drafted. But I can move that time to a later date if necessary. We've got a few more days I guess. If you sign up we'll have an uneven number again, which will be fine. It will just require us talking one other member into signing up, or we'll just have a "dummy team" to make up the numbers.

Talk your uk420 buddy into signing up just to give yourself a second chance  :wassnnme:  

ETA I'll move the draft back to Wednesday morning 

ETA2 sorry @Degsy 10 so far - 11 including yourself

Edited by Gaijin
  • Like 2

@Gaijina few questions;

I know you have mentioned that the draft is automatic but is there any way of changing players that have been chosen randomly after the automatic draft?

Is there a budget we have to stick to? If so what is it?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

@Gaijina few questions;

I know you have mentioned that the draft is automatic but is there any way of changing players that have been chosen randomly after the automatic draft?

Is there a budget we have to stick to? If so what is it?

There's no budget; trying to keep it as uncomplicated as possible. As soon as the draft is completed, I believe that players can be changed in and out of the pool of players that remained undrafted. You can also trade players between teams. There's a large "bench" that I set at 10 extra players, I think. I haven't done this myself for over a decade, so will be feeling my way along a bit tbh. I think @Oldbear has played in more recent times 

• Like 1

Just now, Arbre Medicinal said:

@Gaijincheers dude, one other thing, what about defensive players? Do I choose them as well?

No mate, to keep it simple we’ll each “be drafted” a team Defense, say The Bears. You’ll get points for sacks, fumbles, defensive TDs and a few other categories. But no actual defensive players drafted, no :yep: 

• Like 1

@Gaijinthanks again, I'm now off to add players to my Draft List, apparently you are more likely the get the players you want using that system. I hope I get the Rams D.  Looks like my first game is against Cakey B FC...  :skin_up:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

@Gaijinthanks again, I'm now off to add players to my Draft List, apparently you are more likely the get the players you want using that system. I hope I get the Rams D.  Looks like my first game is against Cakey B FC...  :skin_up:

I just got a nice leffee on draft in Holland that's the only drafts I know about I better get studying 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brysee said:

I just got a nice leffee on draft in Holland that's the only drafts I know about I better get studying 

ooooo yeah the blonde leffe is delicious. Pretty strong too iirc 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

That comes under the heading of “doing slightly more than slightly more than nothing”  which is fine lol 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Gaijin said:

That comes under the heading of “doing slightly more than slightly more than nothing”  which is fine lol 

But surely the "doing nothing" bit is for those that want to do nothing? I have also found the option to choose which position you want to draft in each round, so for example I have mine now set to take a RB in rounds 1 & 2...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

But surely the "doing nothing" bit is for those that want to do nothing? I have also found the option to choose which position you want to draft in each round, so for example I have mine now set to take a RB in rounds 1 & 2...

sorry, I didn't want to give the impression that doing nothing is the only option. Do as much or as little as you like :yep:lol 

And please keep posting these options that you find; work's killing me at the moment and I haven't had the time to sit down and have a good look through myself lol 

I'm not going to put the draft back again, so the deadline for signing up will be midnight tonight.

I should be home from work by about 3am, so that will give me time to see if anyone else has signed up and insert a dummy team in the event that we have an uneven number of teams

• Like 3

@Gaijin it's all cool dude. 

A few things that may help everyone taking part:

When you're on 'My Team' click on EDIT PRE-DRAFT RANKINGS. This will open a new window, from here you can click on EDIT OVERALL PRE-RANK, this option lets you add players that you would like in your team in preferential order, you can also exclude players that you don't want in your team on the same page. So for example, if you want Tom Brady in your team, you'd put him high up on your Pre-Rank list to get a better chance of having him in your team. I currently have 15 players on my list...

There is also an option to EDIT PREFERRED POSTIONS, this will bring up the draft order and it's here that you can choose which positions you want and in which round you want them. So using Tom Brady as an example again, QB are highly sought after, so it might make sense to have your QB pick in the first couple of rounds, also consider taking highly rated RB and WR early on in the draft, kickers can leave till near the end, unless you have a specific kicker in mind.

ETA; Bear in mind the positions that have the highest scores are usually Quarterbacks (QBs), Running Backs (RBs) and Wide Receivers (WRs), then Tight Ends (TEs) and lastly Kickers (K). Our league rules stipulate that you have at least 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 2 WRS, 1 TE and 1 K. 

Obviously, you don't have to do any of these things and you will still be in with a chance of winning, that's the beauty of the NFL, it's very difficult to predict. 

• Like 1

Well I drafted a few alfagem and a few amstels today so im feeling lucky

it will be interesting to see  how the lazy approach goes against the clued up approach 

Anyway good luck everyone 

• Like 2