Do Almost Nothing for a Chance to Win a Lifetime Subscription

Gaijin

Yes, you heard that right; Do almost nothing at all for a chance to win a lifetime subscription to the site, with the runner up winning an annual subscription

I'm starting a fantasy football league, but not the round ball game that most of you are used to; This one's American Football, otherwise known as the NFL. The Fantasy League that I've set up requires a minimum of 8 players, with a maximum of 20 players. So if you enter, you will have at worst a 1 in 20 chance of winning 

Here's what you would need to do:

Go to  Fantasy Football - NFL Fantasy  and sign up to create your account. They don't share your details all over the web; you won't be spammed out of existence if you sign up

Once you are signed up, there's a yellow button somewhere that says "Join a Free League". Click on that, then in the search bar at the top, type in the league ID

You've found us 

League ID: 10542733

Password: nfluk420

Create your team name and that's it, you're ready to play  

The first round is on the weekend starting September 9th so I'll set the league up to do the draft automatically on September 1st. The software will choose our players for us, using its own auto generated order and player rankings. 

The games will play themselves each week without you having to do anything. The only thing that will harm your chances of winning is the BYE WEEK ......... Each NFL team has one week off during the season, called the bye week. You will from week to week, potentially have a player on your starting roster who is in real life on a bye week. So they're not going to score you any points that week. You have reserve players on your roster that can be subbed in for a player that is on a bye week. That way you maximise your point scoring potential by filling every spot on your team each week. 

I've seen a team get to the grand final one year with no input whatsoever from the team captain. So it's entirely possible to win this by doing almost nothing. I need 5 more people, minimum, who are prepared to do almost nothing until early January 

That's it really.

There's 15 weeks during which we would all play each other, round robin style, followed by elimination playoffs resulting in a Grand Final. Our own Superbowl, if you will.

Winner takes home a Lifetime sub; Runner-up takes home an annual sub

If you would like to participate please send me a PM stating this. In the event that there are more than 20 interested, it'll be "first cone, first served" based on PM arrival time 

Any questions please drop me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Or just post the question in here

• Like 6

So basically you don't need any knowledge of any of the players at all ? You just get them

randomly selected for you ?

Edited by Degsy
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Degsy said:

So basically you need need any knowledge of any of the players at all ? You just get them

randomly selected for you ?

The NFL site ranks them using whatever magic it uses. The draft order will be set randomly. If you happen to get the number one pick, you'll automatically get the number one ranked player. Second pick; second ranked player and so on. There's one variation to that: there are only so many roster spots for each position on the field. So if you have, for example, already filled all your Quarterback spots, and the next best player at your turn is a QB, then you'll get the next best-ranked player available. 

1 minute ago, Brysee said:

If that's the case then I'm in I know nothing about English football let alone American 

That's the spirit lollol I know very little about the round ball game myself, I must admit. If you're definitely in, mate, send me a PM ......... you'll be number one :D 

• Like 2

Ok mate I know nothing about American football I live in UK can I enter sounds like a good crack cheers

• Like 2

I'm struggling. I can't find the League. 

Am I in the right place?

large.62eed724239a4_Screenshot2022-08-06at21_54_56.png

Edited by latitude54
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Gaijin said:

......... Each NFL team has one week off during the season, called the bye week. You will from week to week, potentially have a player on your starting roster who is in real life on a bye week. So they're not going to score you any points that week. You have reserve players on your roster that can be subbed in for a player that is on a bye week.

What language is this?

• Like 5

@latitude54   Sorry guys, I should have given more of an explanation. The link below takes you to the page to join this league. Use the login info below

http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/privateleaguejoin?leagueId=10542733
League ID: 10542733
League Password: nfluk420

large.LOGIN.jpg

@Absurdist  It's all relative :D 

@Lux_Interior lollollol 

Let me try this again, simplified. Which means I'll overcomplicate it lol 

Let's say you say up. You'll have a team of NFL football players, drawn from across all the teams in the NFL. You'll get a number of players for each of the skilled playing positions on the field. Some of these players on your team will be reserves that sit on the bench each week instead of playing.

During the season, each NFL team has a week off. Like a mid-term break. If you have players from one of those "mid-term break" teams on your fantasy team, you would put one of your reserve players in your team instead, as they are more likely to score you points than the player who isn't playing at all

Edited by Gaijin
  • Like 1

Ok @Gaijin I done the first page pic above takes you to next page were you enter email and password keeps coming up wrong so can't get past it cheers