Cobbing adventues

highgrower

2 hours ago, highgrower said:

When its ready im expecting the smell to just leap out of the bag and make me want to climb inside as soon as you release the vacuum?  At the moment i need to stick my nose in and give it a good smell rather than it being like a jar of nicely cured bud which just stinks when you open it.

That's an interesting point; I grow sativas only these days and find that the smell is nothing like as strong as "modern" weed, (i was talking with a coffee shop grower recently and he told me he adds something to his weed 1 week before it's finished to make it smell more!). All weed smells, but old school weed doesn't stink the room out if you just have a gram in your pocket . If I where to leave the lid open on a jar of Panama it wouldn't immediately stink the whole room up.

When I open my cobs I have to put my nose to the bag to smell it properly, it's not like opening up a bag of Cheese. If I leave my cob out of the packet you wouldn't notice the smell, the intensity is more like a piece of really good hash. 

It'll be interesting to hear what your thoughts are regarding the intensity, especially the Cheese

• Like 4

The cheese hack has been a lovely smoke from the moment it was dry enough - i did a number of different hacks of cheese with blues and back to cheese and with themselves - all of them seem to be smokable as soon as they are dried - they get much stronger and deeper obviously after a month or more in the jars and after 6 months are some of the nicest tasting smokes i have grown.

When I open the jar there is an immediate whiff and if you stick your nose in and breath deeply is so strong its almost sickly - non-smoker find it to strong/acrid - to me its just beautiful.

After the sweat the smell immediately was gone and went to a more damp plant smell - the sweet tooth still held on to its aroma a little bit.

When i open the vac bag there is no immediate smell but holding the cob up to my nose i get the sweet smell and a tingly/spicy notes to it - more for the sweet tooth than the cheese at the moment - kind of reminds me of hash - no more like charas.

The bit of the bag where the cheese has been has a nice bit of yellow rub off which smells good but again not pungent like the buds.

Ah as we have time to kill while it ferments - i will lament at the fact i no longer know an amazing dealer who used to keep an eye out for the nicest hash for me even if he could only get a quarter and not make any cash on it he would still grab it for me.

gallery_40306_4554_9932.jpggallery_40306_4554_3436.jpg

The below stuff just turned to golden liquid when heated and was impossible to skin up

gallery_40306_4554_16137.jpggallery_40306_4554_29637.jpggallery_40306_4554_1275.jpg

• Like 21

It was - unfortunately im no longer in touch with said dealer - i hope he is still good but wasnt in great health last time i saw him like over ten years ago being an elderly hippy who enjoyed his laudanum a bit much.

• Like 5

Reminds me of the polm I used to get, didn't need to touch it with a lighter just warm it in your hands (if it didn't come out of a pocket!) and its crumbles off, I can remember the smells now thinking about it lol hash but with a lovely warm spice smell to it.

• Like 5

I wished that crumbled - it basically was pure triclomes which pretty much turned into oil when heated and you had to throw it into some tobacco or ground up bud to try and spread it about - but got you sky high not like a hash heavy hit at all more like bho

I did have something similar - those hash pellets - i think called bonbon or similar as they look like sweets and smugglers swallow them - not pleasant when you get them and have to soak them a bit to remove the "odour" and shave off outer coating - safest to smoke and not eat - much darker in colour but also turned into oil when heated but was a heavy hitter a few tokes and you were not getting off the sofa and gave ketamin a run for it money.

Edited by highgrower
  • Like 3

I managed to get a few grams of 00 a couple of years back but don't really bother with Hash much these days, now I've given up tobacco.

You mentioned your dealer friend used to like laudanum, something I've never tried; However there are many people that like to smoke Opium in Southern Spain.

• Like 2

I havent smoked hash since stopping cigs - tbh not got any contacts left in that department since i became self sufficient growing wise now - if fact the guy who got me the hash was the last one and didnt need to buy it as i was growing by then but it was such top quality i couldnt resist topping up the stash.

Only tired opium once in asia - i smoked it through a water pipe thing  - sickly sweet all i really remember other than fighting back throwing up and then having a lovely doze.

Am surprised its poplar in europe but suppose easy enough to grow and process yourself.

Edited by highgrower
  • Like 1

I met some cool people in Portugal who made fine wine and smoked even finer opium they had poppies darted all througout their vineyard.

Seeing as it was so clean I really couldn't say no, I couldn't do that full time though no way.

• Like 1

I like to smoke it once or twice a month with an old Iranian gentleman and very pleasant it is too. Not many people realise it but Spain produces a lot of opium. And like most drugs around here it's relatively cheap.

• Like 6

@highgrower very interesting adventure into the cobbing world. I’m tempted. 

@Hombre del Monte you mentioned that you have been exclusively growing ACE for a number of years now. I’d be interested to hear any observations you might share in regards to the various varieties? I have a few different ones on the go at the moment and I’ve been especially interested in the Panama which is sitting in the fridge. Did you find them lemony? Do you have a favourite line? Any cultivars you didn’t enjoy growing? Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Cheers. 

• Like 4

Hi @Ned The Head, To answer your question properly will require a little time and thought, so it may be a couple of days before I reply, but i will in due course.

• Like 4