Cobbing adventues

highgrower

21 hours ago, ipju said:

You can also use a heat mat, yoghurt maker, food dehydrator,...

I stick it under the cosy jacket wrapped around my immersion heater for the first 48. Check temps with an IR thermometer, opening and resealing as and when.  Temps range from 45-55 C

Then for 2 weeks it sits in the airing cupboard at around 22-28 C

Stored, as sealed in a box in living room at around 20 C

Use your nose, you'll know. 

• Like 3

Had some 5 month old rgsc Manitoba Madness cob this evening through the vape.  It's gone a golden brown colour now and has an almost strawberry jam and geranium kind of smell. Taste is super smooth, creamy and nicer than the smell sounds.  Effects are trippy, functional as well as a  big body feel too.  Cobs are amazing, I have some lemon cake of a similar age and it's almost like espresso and shrooms combined, an insane very trippy and energetic high and a super fresh synthetic lemon with classic 'thai brick' cobby twang.  They grind up handle like soft brown sugar almost and the subtle flavours that come through  whether vaped or chewed are entirely different to regular buds.  The flask technique mentioned earlier has worked well for me, I've found it needs recharging after around 8 to 10 hours but does the job nicely.  I still love my regular dried outdoor sun grown flowers and always will, but cobs are a game changer in many ways.  

• Like 10

On 11/04/2022 at 19:24, highgrower said:

I do need a tollerance break but unless i actually go somewhere where it is not possible to get some weed im really really bad at doing it.

@highgrower Echos of myself there by the way! Living in India 40-odd years ago, I was doing a couple of “tollahs” (11g) of Kerelan ganja most days along with a half a tollah of charas of an evening, nowadays I’ll get through about half that quantity of ganja and when it’s poss.  some choice home made hash/charas. As you say it’s the fucking tolerance thing, ain’t half good if one does manage a break of a few days to a couple of weeks though, high as fuck again!

Edited by NotGoingGoa
Can’t type on a phone
  • Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday I finished off my Lot5 Evo f2 cob that was made in about August/September '22.

What a high on that, I was absolutely buzzing! The normal flower has a great up high, but the cob just seems to really accentuate all the sativa qualities.

e2a: I've got a Celia bx1 cob that was made in, I think, October  to get into yet. Looking forward to that.

Edited by silvester growdrobe
  • Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Always had the best intentions to properly photograph and document what I was doing last year but never got round to it.

So let's skip a year and present to you all a 3g and 10g cobbed Thai Stick made of cheese BX1.

Flavours changed a bit, definitely sweeter but got a hint of citrus now.

Smooth smoke.

Longer effect

large.IMG-20240428-WA0015.jpg.49fbcf0e6b49c67dae4299cd64e8a9d8.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Skit Rat said:

@Thai Stick that looks utterly irresistible,  did u vac pac with the stick in?

Yes bud.

The idea was to "dip" it in some rso and then dust it with kief.

Remove the inner stick and smoke like a cigar.

It was an absolute mess to make and fell apart when I went to smoke it.

Will try again in the future.

• Like 2