Cobbing adventues

highgrower

From looking at various diaries and info I have picked up over the years my plan would be something like:

Get them on 12/12 from seed in 1.5-2 litre pots - in some pre used compost so its not heavy in N.

Top them after 10-14 days - aiming for about 4 nice colas per plant.

Super cropping/stem crushing of any branches which just go mad - maybe switch lights to 11/13.

Wait until most of the stretch is over (ie after 4-5 weeks) and then pot up to about 4.5-6 litre pots and feed bloom with minimal N - ie biobizz bloom rather than a single bottle nute like organix bloom which has a lot more N.

Be patient for 10 weeks.

I plan to take cuttings and put them aside for a few months in case there is a special plant - not sure of the best way to do this if plants are on 12/12 from the start - maybe I will try and root out the tops when i top them.

• Like 6

Sound like you've got it pretty much worked out.

If time's not an issue then I'd be tempted to grow them on 18/6 until maturity, take cuttings and then flower those out once they are well rooted. The GT really doesn't like much nitrogen but the Panama will take a bit more. The stretch on the GT is very pronounced and you will need super cropping etc.

Here's are couple of pictures of last years Panama

large.S6000144JPG.jpglarge.S6000143JPG.jpg

I still grow scrog style as we have helicopters on the lookout for weed. I'll dig out some Golden Tiger photos.

Edited by Hombre del Monte
  • Like 17

Golden Tiger

large.625a9bc5abfcb_IMG_0847JPG1.jpg 

large.625a9bef7bc8c_IMG_0848JPG1.jpg

Apologies for going off topic, but there's not much happening while we wait for the fermentation.

• Like 20

Lovely plants with a lovely view - i thought it was ok to grow plants in your garden/terrace in spain?

Are your plants in pots or the ground?

Edited by highgrower
  • Like 2

In theory we can have a few (?3), providing that there are no children about, no one can see or smell them and no one complains. There are some big grows going on around here so we get the helicopters. The other problem is robbers. I grow in the ground so can't bring them indoors at night or when we go out. We're prisoners in our own house during later part of September and all of October; After October we ease up and go out as most people have harvested ad therefore robbers are not so problematic. Last year our last plant (Super Malawi Haze) went till mid December. Thankfully I don't look to much like the hippy stoners that are plentiful here and I have never bought weed from the local dealers so am not known. Very stressful!.

• Like 11

Wow does sound like stress worrying about rippers.

Indoor grow not a possibility or do you harvest enough from outside to last more than a year?

I had a question about when you make a "cob" from a cola - i have seen a few pics like yours where it looks like a big cola has been stuck into a vac bag and that's it - no rolling up or anything.

Is it just one large cola or do you try and squeeze a load of them together?

Im guessing it just makes a much less compressed version of a cob. 

Decided to have sniff and open the bag just now - i can smell a change to them and some sweetness there but clearly there is a way to go - sealed back up and put back in its spot.

• Like 4

I'd quite like to get myself a tent at some point but I can get enough for the year from 5 good sized plats outdoors.

With the colas, I just chuck several in a bag together; No need to push them together, the vacuum is sufficient.

Open the bags again in another week and smell again, repeat this weekly until you have the desired smell.

• Like 5

@Exhale, no trouble with drones myself but it is something that worries me. I think from the air my plants are quite hard to see as they're only about 0.75m high grown to a screen and surrounded by many shrubs. 

large.rsz_img_0680_li.jpg

I have some friends who have been growing outside for many years and every year the rippers come, but they always leave about half the crop. My friends just grow twice as much as they need. Not ideal by any means.

• Like 13

That's some view, you have a beautiful garden.

Just now, Hombre del Monte said:

every year the rippers come, but they always leave about half the crop.

Not total cunts then lol 

Have you space for a tunnel?

• Like 4

@Hombre del Monte 

Damn dude.  What a stunning view from your back door. 

They got any more of that land for sale?  What a beautiful location. 

Nice hiding of the plants, too. I'd be stunned if anyone could pick those out from a helicopter.  Blend right in. 

• Like 5

Just now, Exhale said:

That's some view, you have a beautiful garden.

Not total cunts then lol 

Have you space for a tunnel?

The views are stunning and we count our blessings regularly. 

Sadly I don't have enough space for a tunnel without attracting too much attention. We managed to get away with it for 8 yrs so fingers crossed for this season.

• Like 4

Just now, Cajafiesta said:

@Hombre del Monte 

Damn dude.  What a stunning view from your back door. 

They got any more of that land for sale?  What a beautiful location. 

Nice hiding of the plants, too. I'd be stunned if anyone could pick those out from a helicopter.  Blend right in. 

We have stunning views 360 degrees! That is just a small part of the view. As I look out from my chair in the living room (where i am right now typing) to the north, I look through the Oranges to the snow covered mountain tops in the distance. And Yes, The land immediately below and adjacent is for sale! and real cheap by UK standards

• Like 5

It looks like a lovely place there!  Really good for the mind and those plants are well hidden from the copper chopper.   Shame about the rippers wanting in on a free ride and world aint much different no matter where you go though I suppose.

• Like 4