Cobbing adventues

highgrower

@silvester growdrobe, thanks for the kind words. Definitely give it a go with at least some of your next harvest. 

This morning I've eaten about 1.2g of Super Malawi Haze about an hour ago and it is working strongly now; I won't need to smoke anything all day.

• Like 7

It was Tangwena's thread on that other forum that made me want to try it, I was growing Ace's Congo x Panama at the time. Trouble is I grow such a small amount I couldn't really afford to lose any if I fucked it up. I'll give it a go one day, I'm sure.

• Like 3

Just now, silvester growdrobe said:

It was Tangwena's thread on that other forum that made me want to try it, I was growing Ace's Congo x Panama at the time. Trouble is I grow such a small amount I couldn't really afford to lose any if I fucked it up. I'll give it a go one day, I'm sure.

It was Tangwena Sensei that got me started; The man is a living legend. 

You cant fuck it up providing you use a vacuum machine to stop any chance of mold. The worse that can happen is that you end up with something that doesn't taste so good but will still get you high.

• Like 5

Another little check on the cobs and decided to let them sit out and dry for a few hours before letting them ferment a bit more.

large_cobs.jpg

No overpowering smell again when opening the bag but now they have been sitting in the room there is a nice smell i keep getting a whiff of but its not like someone has sparked up a joint.

I think they are a little harder than before or have come more together - the cheese one reminds me of good old brick weed as its quite a dark brown - i tried to take a close up through a mag glass sort of worked

large.cheese-close.jpg

• Like 16

That's looking good and the colour change tells me that it's well fermented. Don't expect the smell to permeate the room like someone's just sparked up, it's not strong like that. Do They have a fruity sweetness, like a good hash? does the smell when you put it to your nose, make you want to smoke it? if so, the dry them really well and seal them up to age. From your description though, it sounds like the smell isn't quite there yet and they need longer fermenting; let them dry at room temperature until they dry on the outside, seal them up and stick them back somewhere good and warm for a while longer. if you wish you can also nick a bit for a little spliff. It's good to test it at different stages, although don't expect much from eating it yet, it's too early. 

I hope you don't mind @highgrower if I answer @Ned The Head's question about my thoughts of Ace's sativas and also throw in some pics of my girls that went into the cobs this year.

Edited by Hombre del Monte
Before we put them back into ferment we want to dry them up prety good because we wat to slow the ferment down. If they are quite moist, they will continue to darken and produce a more stoney effect.
  • Like 4

The sweet toot smells like it could do with smoking - it reminds me of something i scored in the past just cant put my finger on where or when or what it was like.

Both I think would benefit from another week in the warmth wit the cheese hack needing it more than the sweet tooth one.

I look forward to the plant pics and more cobs!

If anyone else has done some 100% sats indoors please stick up some pics as im still trying to figure out how big pots/many plants i should attempt.

• Like 5

Hi @Ned The Head, you were asking for my thoughts regarding Ace Seeds strains. I only grow outside these days and if I'm lucky we can get a long season. Last year my last plant (SMH) came down 17th Dec.

Over the last few years I've grown 8 of their varieties, Malawi, Super Malawi Haze, Bangi Haze, Golden Tiger, Panama Haze, Panama, New Caledonia and Zamaldelicia.

I've grow them all several times other than the Bangi Haze and the New Caledonia. I fucked up the Bangi haze grow and so can't comment on that.

The Malawi is super strong, perhaps too strong for regular daytime smoking and can be a bit confusing. I'm not growing this year but have bought seeds and have them ready for next year. I Like this weed but I'm a wake and baker and retired. Friends find it too strong.

large.20190925_102817_LI.jpg Not the best specimen but I have no pictures of my own Malawi. This was grown by some "weekend smoker" friends of mine up at their farm. It didn't get enough sun but still produced some nice organic outdoor kiss ass weed. The Handsome dude with the hat, That's me!

Edited by Hombre del Monte
  • Like 12

Ignore that nonsense above (I'm bordering on tripping high!), That Panama Haze. 

This is Malawi, still up at the farm, but this girl saw some sunshine. I gave my friends plants originally.

large.20191101_140110.jpg

• Like 18

Nice solid buds - i have done the odd plant on my terrace but clearly need some decent spainish sun for chunky ones like that.

Edited by highgrower
  • Like 7

Super Malawi Haze. I've grown twice and had two distinct phenos. The more hazy one that i had this year went until mid December and is the rarer of the 3 phenos. If i was indoors and I'd gotten this one I'd be pissed off. A very strong smoke again. I like it very much and it is my go to weed when i want to get "extra" high. Not the most sociable, outgoing of smokes, more introspective. A very good yielding plant both times and fairly easy to grow. This is my second year of cobbing it. 

large.S6000244JPG.jpglarge.S6000239JPG.jpglarge.IMG_0957JPG.jpg 

large.IMG_0897JPG.jpgSadly it got hit by a big storm just before harvest and was a little over fed at the end

• Like 16

On 12/04/2022 at 2:30 PM, highgrower said:

Nice golden and lime colour to it - you can see how its all fused together - must be a hard to grind up.

Have you ever tried to rehydrate before skinning up to increase it volume - old trick i used to do with very compressed weed - get a kitchen paper towel and put it inside so its in like a little balloon - then hold that over a boiling kettle spout so steam passes through the paper towel - only for like 30-60 secs

Makes it fluff up nicely and after a few mins will dry and be smokable.

I remember doing exactly this with African brick weed in the late 80’s almost doubled in size - shite weed but it was weed - too many blim burns from all the rocky - this was a lovely change 

• Like 2

So, back on track. More pictures of Cobs.

Today for breakfast we have Golden Tiger. This is I think my all time favourite weed that I've ever grown. Not the strongest, but the High is awesome. Very simulative, up high. Bordering on psychedelic in larger doses. Very long lasting. Most of my friends really like this. Very different from your modern hybrids. Stretches like mad, doesn't like too much nitrogen. Needs a long cure, I can't really stress that enough; Like a lot of the pure sativas, if you try it when they're only just dried your likely to think, "yeah it's ok, but nothing special" Leave them six moths in the jar and check again. The golden Tiger is a bit like that. One of the beauties of cobbing is that we can get a cured, smooth smoke in less time. tastes of lemon and fresh paint.

large.IMG_1152JPG.jpg

large.IMG_1164JPG.jpg

large.IMG_1163JPG.jpg

• Like 22