Cobbing adventues

highgrower

Just now, Hombre del Monte said:

How much and what do you smoke a day. I'm trying to slowly reduce what I smoke by  predominately eating cobs. I usually find normal cookies etc don't really do it for me but cob gets me every time. 

I suppose a large joint with coffee followed by a mix of small and large ones throughout the day depending on what i need to get done - at the moment im not working but looking for a job so tbh am getting through at least an oz a week at a min.  I do need a tollerance break but unless i actually go somewhere where it is not possible to get some weed im really really bad at doing it.

I am hoping the cob munching and smoking reduces my consumption.   I have also read that as the starches turn to sugars the smoke is much kinder to the lungs which is a nice side benefit.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Exhale said:

You're doing it wrong! (probably) lol 

Canna coco oil gets me buggered, 1 dessert spoon with a bowl of porridge 2 and I'm propping myself up off shit or hanging on for dear life to the edge of my desk :D 

The edibles i have made have wiped out other people who i give them to after having little effect on me - this was the case when i was younger as well and didnt smoke quite the quantity i do now.

• Like 3

Been meaning to try this for ages, cob weed is quite exceptional. Good luck with your first try man, if all goes well you're in for a wild ride. 

• Like 3

Just now, Exhale said:

@highgrower that's really strange maybe you have a naturally high tolerance? Have you ever had to have prescription pain killers at higher doses?

Yup - i had to had a sedative for something and i hinted i had a high tolerance for substances but they didnt listen and i was quite with it unfortunately - even with dentists i tend to try and hit some bho if i know they are going to do something nasty as the valium they give doesnt touch the sides.

Give me a drink and im a light weight though.

I can remeber in amsterdam in my 20s finishing off a few cakes with friends having visuals after just one and me not really feeling much - same with mushrooms i just broke out in a sweat while others had visuals and full on effects - lsd as well i enjoyed it but didnt go on the same sort of ride as other ppl i was with.

• Like 3

Just now, highgrower said:

I am the total opposite buddy, always get away with the minimum dosage on stuff too - when I took my kneecap off on the bike the morphine gave me an out of body experience it was mad I could feel myself floating in the ambulance then I was gone, lights out and then I could see the ambulance from the outside like a helicopter following it on a chase cam it was fuckin mental lol 

• Like 10

I had to have an operation on my foot and they gave me milk of amnesia - gotta say it was nice and did have a pretty quick effect one me but i was awake pretty much as soon as they wheeled me in to recovery.

• Like 3

If you have any old tubes of silicone about you could saw the end off that you've pushed through to make a nice chunky cob.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, highgrower said:

Yup - i had to had a sedative for something and i hinted i had a high tolerance for substances but they didnt listen and i was quite with it unfortunately - even with dentists i tend to try and hit some bho if i know they are going to do something nasty as the valium they give doesnt touch the sides.

I can remeber in amsterdam in my 20s finishing off a few cakes with friends having visuals after just one and me not really feeling much - same with mushrooms i just broke out in a sweat while others had visuals and full on effects - lsd as well i enjoyed it but didnt go on the same sort of ride as other ppl i was with.

This is very interesting. I have a high tolerance for most drugs and have always been able to ingest more than my friends and still continue. It's a shame we have to wait at least 3 months to find out, although you will be able to sample smoke them after a month. 

Cobbing doesn't make weed stronger but it does change it's effects and it does allow us to be able to eat it without any further preparation. I may decarb a gm of jar cured weed and eat it to compare with a gm of the same variety that's been cobbed. 

Edited by Hombre del Monte
  • Like 5

I think this may be a faster way to cure - i have some bubble gum i chopped a little over a month ago - initial smoke after dry was bland but now flavours are developing but still has a fair way to go but the potential is there and after another 3-4 weeks it will be a flavoursome smoke.

• Like 3

Just now, highgrower said:

I think this may be a faster way to cure - i have some bubble gum i chopped a little over a month ago - initial smoke after dry was bland but now flavours are developing but still has a fair way to go but the potential is there and after another 3-4 weeks it will be a flavoursome smoke.

It's several weeks faster. You can have a smooth smoke in only one month. 

• Like 2

4hrs into the sweat and am happy with where temps are now at and how many layers of blankets

large.sweat-4hrs-in.jpg

Am going to be on the lookout for a soux vid machine i think - will be much easier to adjust temps but this is good for now.

• Like 11

Off to bed - temps arent staying stable and fluctuate a bit high like 45 and then i take off a layer and it cools to a bit lower than 40 - not much i can do so will let it lower rather than raise over night and it will probably sit in 37-39 range i hope - overall i would expect things will be fine if temps fluctuate between 35-45 over the sweat period.

Edited by highgrower
  • Like 2

14hr into the sweat and they are turning a slightly golden and shrinking a little bit.

large.sweat-14hrs-in.jpg

There is a bit of condensation in the cheese hack cob - just going to leave it to finish sweating before drying off a bit before the fermentation

large.cheese-cob-condensation.jpg

• Like 23