Make your own cream

DANZIG

I'm about to make a batch of this. However, there seems to be a bit of variation between the different oils people are suggesting.

At first I was going to use olive oil as suggested by the OP but other people came in with suggestions of hemp oil, coconut oil and emu oil.

Can someone let me know what the preferred oil would now be please?

Cheers

TR

• Like 1

Personally I went with coconut oil @@Twisted Rizla , I can't comment on any other oil as I've only done this a couple of times and always used coconut oil and it works great.

I skipped the addition of beeswax because if you keep it in the fridge it will remain in a solid state, and it also meant I could attempt some edibles with it too if i make it potent enough.

• Like 3

Personally I went with coconut oil @@Twisted Rizla , I can't comment on any other oil as I've only done this a couple of times and always used coconut oil and it works great.

I skipped the addition of beeswax because if you keep it in the fridge it will remain in a solid state, and it also meant I could attempt some edibles with it too if i make it potent enough.

Thanks Chalky

What I'm really looking for is the most effective way I can apply an efficient dose to the skin of a mardy 3 year old who suffers from psoriasis.

I'm a bit reluctant to put any essential oils in the mix as the patient is only 3 so I'd like to keep the ingredients as simple as possible.

So - coconut oil is the preferred oil to use topically?

• Like 1

For me coconut oil works great for topicals, it melts at body heat temp and is easily applied and absorbed by the skin.

I've never bothered adding any other oils and find it works effectively on my aches/pains and keeps my skin soft and healthy.

I'd definitely recommend it if you're wanting to use as few ingredients as possible.

• Like 3

@@Twisted Rizla I've had a play around with various different cocktails of oils to see what worked best for my psoriasis, in the end I found a 50/50 cannabis oil to coconut oil worked best. It didn't get rid of it for good as it came back when I stopped applying it but it definitely works for the time you are using it.

Emu oil is great but expensive, cinnamon oil gave me a reaction (was probably too strong).

Sticking to 50/50 coconut oil & cannabis oil seemed to work best.

Good luck mate :yep:

• Like 2

I have only used olive oil and hemp seed oil and the hemp seed oil works better, is less greasy and is easier to seperate from the water..

• Like 2

+1 for Coconut Oil, Mrs Clumsy is using some for dry, itchy scalp (not psoriasis) that I made for medibles and says it is working well.

C.

• Like 1

I tried making some with low grade hash, I think I used too much Coconut Oil.

I will try again 1:1 with good nug run oil and see how I get on.

I think I will add beeswax next time so I can keep it solid at room temps. My Dad keeps bee's so can get some from him.

RR

• Like 1

We had some emu oil based cream expensive.But i gave some to Maori and he was in instant relief so id go with emu oil if its not to expensive.In return not that i asked for he gave me a large bag of AK47 from the corramandel he must have been impressed.Might have chickweed gel and emu oil...

We bought it for my knees so a multitude of uses.

Oh he had Psoriasis

Edited by icki

• 1 month later...

Well, I'm almost ready lol

I'm just about to order a slow cooker but have a couple of questions:

(1) - I'm thinking of getting a 3.5L Crockpot. It has 3 heat settings - low, warm and high. Which heat setting would I use?

(2) - Is there a particular brand of coconut oil that anyone can recommend please?

Cheers

TR

Hey mate,

I have used Optima organic raw coconut oil a few times, seems pretty good,

But I use a Kilner jar in a bain marie for extraction so don't use any water,

All the best

C.

• Like 1

@@BigJohnny

Hey Mate,

I decarb first in the oven or use avb and then into the jar, I've used the info on SkunkPharm and some trial and error.

Not sure if a topical needs decarbing but I ingest the same one Mrs Clumsy uses so that's the way I go.

All the best

C.

• Like 1

@@BigJohnny

Hey Mate,

I decarb first in the oven or use avb and then into the jar, I've used the info on SkunkPharm and some trial and error.

Not sure if a topical needs decarbing but I ingest the same one Mrs Clumsy uses so that's the way I go.

All the best

C.

Thanks for the reply mate. I have a jar of ABV and some rosin chips so I'll use them.