Make your own cream

DANZIG

• 1 year later...

Hope nobody minds me reviving this thread but I was wondering if you could use petroleum jelly/vaseline instead of beeswax? Also what sort os shops sell solid beeswax?

Thanks in advance,

Wendy

x

• 6 months later...
a little bit of info I found that might be of interest, in Shulgin's Pihkal TMA entry strangly enough.
He told me of a formula that had provided him with the most complete relief from arthritic pain he had ever known. It was a native decoction he had learned of many years eariler, when he was traveling in Mexico. One took equal quantities of three plants, Ruta graveolens (or our common rue), Rosmarinus officinalis (better known as rosemary), and Cannabis sativa (which is recognized in many households simply as marijuana). Three plants all known in folklore, rue as a symbol for repentance, rosemary as a symbol of remembrance, and pot, well, I guess it is a symbol of a lot of things to a lot of people. Anyway, equal quantities of these three plants are allowed to soak in a large quantity of rubbing alcohol for a few weeks. Then the alcoholic extracts are clarified, and allowed to evaporate in the open air to a thick sludge. This then was rubbed on the skin, where the arthritis was troublesome, and always rubbed in the direction of the extremity. It was not into, but onto the body that it was applied. All this from a very conservative Republican friend!

:wink:

Just to add I've tried mixing equal parts of rosemary, rue and canna in the standard cream and have had very good responses from peeps with arthritis and general aches and pains so far even being told its an improvement on the original.

Could be useful if you don't have a ton of weed handy and still want to knock some up.:wink:

• 2 months later...

I know this isn't for everyone, *but* if you want some very quick and powerful relief, wrap a bit of cling film around your finger, stick a blob of cream on the end of it, and shove it up your arse.

Its worked very quickly to get rid of the abdomen pain, and I can feel the healing wave go into my legs and arms as I write this.

DIY suppository rulez ok.... :rofl:

:rofl:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya Stu,

My wife is a fully qualified professional Herbalist and Hydro therapist who has her own practice. She makes her own herbal suppositories out of cocoa butter for vegetarians, vegans and people with allergies to other types of suppositories or the more regularly used Glycerine suppositories made out of Gelatine, Glycerol and water for patients that need or require them and have been referred to my wife by there GP. But the sad thing is, she said to me that there is no time release for the above two suppository ingredients or techniques I’m sorry. Also and most importantly, using Glycerine now and again is fine as a suppository as long as you have made your doctor aware of your intentions of what you plan to do and if it is safe to do in the first place, but using it regularly as a delivery system for THC will cause irritation to the bowel walls and can also cause inflammation of the bowel my wife’s medical book said, it also says that using Glycerine for suppositories will matt and knot any pubic hair it comes into contact with around your bum, OUCH is my thoughts there and personally I would leave well alone and make an appointment at the GP’s. We know THC wont have any serious effects on us short term, but I did not no any thing at all about the adverse effects of Glycerine has on your bowels and your insides and even bloody knots up pubic hair around your bum permanently and until I asked my wife about suppositories for this thread, I new nothing and I’m pretty shocked just how serious it could be, especially if your already really poorly and suffer from MS or Muscular Dystrophy like my mother in law does. I think it could be dangerous if you are already very poorly. But if your GP is happy for you to make your own THC laced suppositories and administer them your self to complement your doctors prescribed medicines, then go for it. If you are already poorly, get your doctors advice before trying any thing, you don’t want to add to an already bad situation. Take care and stay healthy folks.

Peace,

GG

a little bit of info I found that might be of interest, in Shulgin's Pihkal TMA entry strangly enough.

It was a native decoction he had learned of many years eariler, when he was traveling in Mexico. One took equal quantities of three plants, Ruta graveolens (or our common rue), Rosmarinus officinalis (better known as rosemary), and Cannabis sativa (which is recognized in many households simply as marijuana). :guitar:

Just to add I've tried mixing equal parts of rosemary, rue and canna in the standard cream and have had very good responses from peeps with arthritis and general aches and pains so far even being told its an improvement on the original.

Could be useful if you don't have a ton of weed handy and still want to knock some up.:unsure:

Hiya Guy's,

My wife is a fully qualified professional Herbalist and Hydro therapist who has her own practice and she has just informed me that Devils Claw is also very good like Rosemary for pain relief. Herbs really are amazing and mixed with Sativa weed I’m not at all surprised he felt great pain relief having some fully matured Sativa mixed in with beneficial herbs whilst your actually in Mexico.

Peace,

GG

• 9 months later...

I know this is probably going to sound silly, I have got Multiple Sclerosis and I suffer alot with tight muscles from my toes to my waist well I was wondering do you think this might help and secondly does it smell of cannabis. xxxx

• 1 month later...
Many arthritis suffers report that the application of a topical application to arthritic joints, twice a day aids with pain relief and reduces inflamation

Cannabis Cream

Required

500ml olive oil

75 grams of beeswax

50 grams of cannabis trim leaves

1 Litre of water

Ideally the cream should be made in a slow cooker, alternatively a saucepan can be used, however, simmer only, DO NOT boil

Add the oil, trim and water together in your pan or slow cooker

Simmer for 4 hours, stirring every 30 minutes or so

After 4 hours, allow to cool

Pour contents of the pan/slow cooker through a sieve into a clean bowl or plastic container. press the cannabis trim with the back of a spoon to force out as much oil as possible from the trim, discard trim

Place the water and oil solution into the coldest part of the fridge, after 24 to 48 hours (if your fridge is at the correct temperature) the olive oil will solidify, this will allow you to seperate the water from the oil, discard water

Alternatively, the oil and water mix can be placed in the freezer

You should now be left with a slightly green olive oil in solid form

Place oil into a saucepan and gently heat (simmer only) DO NOT boil

Add the beeswax (small pieces of wax disolve quicker than one big piece), keep stirring until all the wax has disolved

Pour into suitable containers, wide necked jars or margerine tubs are best, and allow to cool

Application of the cream twice a day (morning and evening) seems to produce the most favourable results

A few drops of essential oil of lavender can be added with the beeswax if you wish for a less 'canna' aroma

Hi

I have got lots of leaves that I want to use for the cream but what I want to know is does it have to be dry or can it be still be green ?

• 11 months later...

just making some now and i forgot what was preparing ..

thought hmm.. that smells nice (3rd hour of 1st simmering and used 1oz of bud and 1oz of good trim) and had couple of tea spoons to see how it tasted.. ;)

im starting to get proper twatted now.. :wink:

gettiing a right ol body buzz going on..

i forgot photos :)

i used hemp oil with this cream, simmered in a slowcooker for 4 hours

and intend to use it on my back and neck pain and would like to see if it can do anything for inflammation

i haven't got all the photos yet because its still in progress..

pure beeswax/neroli oil/hemp oil/1ozbud 1oztrim/slowcooker/litre of water somewhere

post-12796-1287450995_thumb.jpg

bud/trim

post-12796-1287451027_thumb.jpg

bud/trim/oil

post-12796-1287451055_thumb.jpg

bud/trim/oil/simmering

post-12796-1287451077_thumb.jpg

more to follow..

Edited by twigs
  • Like 1

4 hours simmered

post-12796-1287454704_thumb.jpg

i got rid of the filter it was taking to long..

post-12796-1287454396_thumb.jpg

black gold

post-12796-1287454435_thumb.jpg

into dish to settle

post-12796-1287454529_thumb.jpg

to the fridge.!

spliff and bed for now i think. :)

• Like 2

finishing off time :stoned:

oil in pyrex bowl/water remains/beeswax and essence

post-12796-1287704252_thumb.jpg

breaking up and adding beeswax in to warm oil

post-12796-1287704364_thumb.jpg

beeswax melting

post-12796-1287704417_thumb.jpg

ladeld in to containers

post-12796-1287704463_thumb.jpg

post-12796-1287704501_thumb.jpg

the neroli oil goes quite nice with the hempy smell but i did have to add about 12 drops to be able to smell just a hint of it..

i think when i try it again i might make it with out the water, just use a fine sieve to remove bud/trim and as it cools chuck the beeswax in and see how it goes

let the rubbing begin..

• Like 2