Make your own cream

DANZIG

cheers Jiffa i will do a trial when i crop...my mum has to wear these arm splint support type sleeves is the only way i can describe them, and they leave her skin underneath very dry hence the idea of the double base.

peace

• 2 weeks later...

Im wanting to make 2 batches of cream. I was thinking of swapping the 500ml of hemp oil for 500ml of emu oil, i also have coconut oil aswell so should i do a combo with the 2 if so what ratio do ya think?

my 1st batch, many thanks danzig.

I used 1l of light olive oil and 200g of trim.

The essential oils were chosen after much reading and i would say if you do intend to use any, seek advice beforehand to see if they interfere with any other medications.

gallery_36831_2250_20240.jpg

I'm over the moon with the results, will post at a later date the effects.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

I have 3 or 4 mls of cannabis oil and want to make cream since I've found that applying it on it's own is sticky tricky! I would like it reasonably strong but hopefully get a month or 2 out of it for eczema and psoriasis.

Does anyone know how many mls. of beeswax/hemp oil I should use with this amount? What ratio? How far will it stretch? :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, I'm going to be making cannibis cream this weekend and have a few questions. I'm using the recipe at the top of this thread but with a few tweaks. The recipe by Danzig at the beginning is

Cannabis Cream

Required

500ml olive oil

75 grams of beeswax

50 grams of cannabis trim leaves

1 Litre of water

So instead of olive oil I am going to use either hemp oil or pure emu oil- opinions on which of these two are the better to use are appreciated.

Also I am going to be using bud rather than trim. The recipe above calls for 50g of trim, any ideas how much bud I should use instead of 50g trim ?

Also I am buying a good few empty cream jars to put the finished product into. However I don't yet know how much product I can expect to end up with- anyone got any ideas ?

Finally the aim of this cream is to relieve arthritis and muscular pains. Are there any other oils or ingredients that are good to add to help in this regard ? Also apart from lavender what other oils will get rid of the canna smell effectively ?

I went the emu oil route aswell not cheap tho but works great

500ml emu oil £20

500ml coconut oil £4

150g bees wax

60g mouldy bud and 140g trim

10ml eucalyptas

1 ltr water

Finally the aim of this cream is to relieve arthritis and muscular pains. Are there any other oils or ingredients that are good to add to help in this regard ?

Also apart from lavender what other oils will get rid of the canna smell effectively

i went with rosemary oil mixed with lavender oil for arthritus, this is the info i used when making my choice.

"Rosemary Oil Uses: Aching muscles, arthritis, dandruff, dull skin, exhaustion, gout, hair care, muscle cramping, neuralgia, poor circulation, rheumatism.

Avoid Rosemary Oil in pregnancy and epilepsy.

Avoid Rosemary Oil in cases of hypertension."

i used 10ml of each and the smell is really nice, you would never know it contain canna unless told so.

hope this helps.

p.s. the other creams i made also smell pretty awesome and again, you would never know the contained any canna.

Edited by nwestray

Thanks for the replies lads. Yeah i only just discovered how pricey emu oil is. Can I ask where you get 500ml for £20? At the moment all I am coming across is 200ml for £15.

Think I'll go for the rosemary too as it is good for arthritis so therefore a no-brainer to add.

Would anyone have a guess at what the following would produce in terms of quantity ? I'm buying cream jars for storage and for passing onto friends but have no ideas how many I'll need. I plan to use 250ml emu oil combined with 250ml hemp oil, 40g dried bud, 100g beeswax and about 500ml water. Approx how much could I expect to come out with ?

The emu oil i found was on flea bay and it was £20 delivered

I got 3 and half jars from my lot, there large jam jars which hold around 450grams of jam

I have someone coming friday for half a jar as there buying it from america at £20-£25 a go for a poxy small pot the size of a small tiger balm and im waiting on hearing back from another person aswell so ill post there info as soon as i know

thanks mate, will take a look on fleabay for cheaper emu oil, I'm going to get the empty cream jars there anyway.

I'm only using a total of 500ml oil so hopefully I'll yield about half of what you did.

I can't post the image as this forum will not accept the url

1013077_10151778643477049_890226640_n.jpg

Psoriasis, after a 9 day treatment

Edited by Joolz
to insert image
  • Like 9

• 9 months later...
Topical Canna Cream with Lavender oil

500ml premium olive oil
75 grams of beeswax
65 grams of canna trim leaves/air bud
1 Liter of water