Make your own cream

DANZIG

I recently got given a load of trim from somebody, thanks J ;)

i haven't had had time to make cream yet but that’s the plan. I have another friend just waiting for a plant to finish and he’s going to donate trim from that too.

im hoping to do a thread on applying it to my psoriasis and do a photo diary to see if it helps. Hopefully I’ll get a chance soon. :yep:

Edited by Cursed
  • Like 5

be careful of adding lavendar if your treating a skin disorder ..do a patch test on your skin with the lavendar oil first ..it can in rare cases make things a tad itchy or stingy ..

i got some cream wit myrhh in it along side thc and cbd ..and i must say amazing on a few things from me arthritic finger to the old farmer giles ..tis a handy thing to have in your armory 

• Like 4

• 2 years later...

Yes, yes, you should definitely be careful about adding lavender, because it can cause even more allergic reactions. I once decided to treat my chapped skin and used a cream with no lavender added. I decided I would be better off with easy delivery from cbd2heal than making my own cream. I searched the internet for a long time for the best creams to use, as I didn't want to go through the hassle of making my own cream. And here it turned out to be much easier. There are many quality therapeutic ointments and creams that will help you without you having to go through the trouble of making your own.

• 8 months later...

I recently made some cream using my AVB.

AVB and coconut oil simmered for about 4 hours, cooled, separated then re-melted with a bit of bees wax is all I did, nice and simple. Seems to be pretty effective for my knee pain. More than I'd expected to be honest.

large.20221104_184013_copy_1512x2016.jpglarge.20221105_100317_copy_2016x1512.jpglarge.20221105_100913_copy_1512x2016.jpglarge.20221105_101916_copy_1512x2016.jpglarge.20221105_123318_copy_1512x2016.jpg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, silvester growdrobe said:

I recently made some cream using my AVB.

AVB and coconut oil simmered for about 4 hours, cooled, separated then re-melted with a bit of bees wax is all I did, nice and simple. Seems to be pretty effective for my knee pain. More than I'd expected to be honest.

you do not even need to add the bee's wax mate, i use the same method and the coconut oil sets enough on it's own.

• Like 3

Yeah, I wanted a less greasy consistency though, and so I can just keep it in my bathroom cabinet. 

Edit: I've also read that beeswax has anti-inflammatory properties too. But I read that after I'd already made the cream lol

Edited by silvester growdrobe
  • Like 3

This thread has really piqued my interest, as someone who suffers with chronic back and shoulder pain, and also I have family member with severe arthritis too. I have a load of old trim in the freezer still, so I could use that I guess.

My question is - has anyone tried adding actual herbs into the mix from the start? Rather than lavender oil at the end, I was thinking perhaps using fresh rosemary in the mix in the slow cooker from the beginning, alongside the cannabis? I've got shitloads of rosemary in the garden!

• Like 1

Good question, I'd be interested in knowing the answer myself.

Edit: I guess it depends on whether the essential oils are fat soluble or not. If they're water soluble you'd just end up throwing them away.

Edited by silvester growdrobe
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Hashslag said:

This thread has really piqued my interest,

go for it man its awesome :yep:  

you will be amazed, apply 3 times a day, pain gone 

i’ve had people looking at me like, how did you just take my pain away? 

i gave some to an old dude that totally smashed his foot apart in an accident, has been in daily constant pain and uncomfortableness, gave him a jar and he looked at me later and said the pains gone, it’s just gone!

he only stopped using it because he had to have daily or weekly drug tests where he was working and the examiner could smell it but was confused because he wasn’t picking it up on tests 

other herbs added would help too, just be careful about saws/open wounds 

rheumatoid arthritis is hit or miss it seems, works on some but not all for whatever reason, maybe related to plant make up, to be fair the best creams we’ve made have been from many different strains all combined and combined oils, almond and coconut was good!

:yinyang:

e2+ also, don’t disregard leaves and stalks a lot of the plants cbd is stored in them

Edited by twigs
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, silvester growdrobe said:

Good question, I'd be interested in knowing the answer myself.

Edit: I guess it depends on whether the essential oils are fat soluble or not. If they're water soluble you'd just end up throwing them away.

Even if that were the case, I'd expect at least some of the aromatics to remain...? My thinking is really for smell masking than anything else really, although rosemary does have it's own set of benefits I believe.

• Like 1

I've also been looking this up and it is possible although refined oils and the likes seem to be easier if like me you have no clue.

If you search botanical/natural skincare formulation there's a few sites that are handy, I've been looking on botanica formulation or something like that, it has some good blogs about organic skincare.

:skin_up::yinyang:

Edited by Shaggy1

I would like to know if anyone successfully treated psoriasis with one f these creams and if so what was the recipe and dosage please. Asking for my neighbour who has a really bad case that often stops him working.

• Like 1

@Diddy It has worked for my dad and uncle for psoriasis, they both noticed a difference within days and went within weeks. Also has worked for other skin ailments.

On the other hand ime it doesn't seem to do much for arthritic pain.

I basically followed the recipe on the 1st page, although I can't remember the exact amount I did use buds too, it was something like...

20g CBD bud

10g CBD trim

10g of mixed THC trim

Some drops of cbd oil that was lying around

Coconut oil as the base

Then some different mixes I done as a test, 1 with lavender, patchouli + 1 turmeric,ginger + cayenne along with a plain mix. I'll be fucked if I can tell the difference but they definitely work for certain things!

Good luck buddy:yep:

:yinyang:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shaggy1 said:

On the other hand ime it doesn't seem to do much for arthritic pain

ive been making weed cream for quite a few years and the arthritis thing is very hit and miss, it can work very well for some and not for others 

:stoned:  

• Like 1

@twigs Have you found it's strain dependant at all?

I wonder if something  other than THC/CBD would be better, have you seen much about all these other cannabinoids?

I feel like I've read something but I can't remember apart from Cbds supposed to be good lol

Or is it a case of how the person reacts to it rather than the specific compounds? There's got to be a strain for everyone, it's just finding it.

Maybe 1 day we'll be able test and do all this properly, you can only dream:skin_up:

Atb mate

Edited by Shaggy1
  • Like 2