Make your own cream

DANZIG

Many arthritis suffers report that the application of a topical application to arthritic joints, twice a day aids with pain relief and reduces inflamation

Cannabis Cream

Required

500ml olive oil

75 grams of beeswax

50 grams of cannabis trim leaves

1 Litre of water

Ideally the cream should be made in a slow cooker, alternatively a saucepan can be used, however, simmer only, DO NOT boil

Add the oil, trim and water together in your pan or slow cooker

Simmer for 4 hours, stirring every 30 minutes or so

After 4 hours, allow to cool

Pour contents of the pan/slow cooker through a sieve into a clean bowl or plastic container. press the cannabis trim with the back of a spoon to force out as much oil as possible from the trim, discard trim

Place the water and oil solution into the coldest part of the fridge, after 24 to 48 hours (if your fridge is at the correct temperature) the olive oil will solidify, this will allow you to seperate the water from the oil, discard water

Alternatively, the oil and water mix can be placed in the freezer

You should now be left with a slightly green olive oil in solid form

Place oil into a saucepan and gently heat (simmer only) DO NOT boil

Add the beeswax (small pieces of wax disolve quicker than one big piece), keep stirring until all the wax has disolved

Pour into suitable containers, wide necked jars or margerine tubs are best, and allow to cool

Application of the cream twice a day (morning and evening) seems to produce the most favourable results

A few drops of essential oil of lavender can be added with the beeswax if you wish for a less 'canna' aroma

• Like 33

Hi Jeff,

Just wondered if anyone has done any research on the different strains used in the preparation of the cream? When I saw MJ last year, she shared the above recipe with me and I have been making the cream for my mother who suffers, painfully, from arthritis.

I have made both indi dom versions, and sat versions and she definately prefers the sat version, though she does prefer the smell of the sat cream, too, and I occasionally get the feeling that she is using the cream to humour me. Anyway, just an enquiry, be good to know the strains that work best.

Thanks for sharing the recipe.. they can't bust information yet.

U

• Like 2

nice one danzig, i'll have to try it for my ma's pal..... ;)lol:smug:

i hope you dont mind,i have a question and a related observation...

Add the oil, trim and water together in your pan

do you know how much(if any), oil do you lose from the 500ml after sieving ??

i dont know if it's the same with oil, but when i make my butter,

i soak the leaves first in the water then add the butter

because the leaf is soaked with water first, i've found i get more butter with the same(if not stronger hit)than when i added the butter without soaking first...

that's an interesting observation U, i hadn't thought about that.....

Edited by sittingrelaxing

I have made both indi dom versions, and sat versions and she definately prefers the sat version, though she does prefer the smell of the sat cream, too, and I occasionally get the feeling that she is using the cream to humour me.

We have never had enough sativa for a full trial, as mentioned in the thread, if you add a few drops of essential lavender oil to the process the aroma of the end result is alot more pleasing, but it is down to personal choice

NOTE

Note of caution tho' laveder should not be used in you suffer from epilepsy and the cream should not be applied to open sores or wounds

Some people prefer to use as a massage oil, in which case do not add the beeswax

Also for longevity, keep it in the fridge if possible

Our latest batch uses hemp seed oil instead of olive oil, too early to tell if this is an improvement

I occasionally get the feeling that she is using the cream to humour me

Why not make her a batch without any canna in it? aka a placebo :blushing:

do you know how much(if any), oil do you lose from the 500ml after sieving ??

The harder you press, the more oil you gain, also pouring boiling water from a kettle over the oil and repressing helps to gain more, between 10 and 20% of the oil is retained in the trim

i soak the leaves first in the water then add

This certainly enables more oil to be extracted from the trim, so the recovery rate is greater, however we have found that using this method seems to make the oil less effective, there may be essential oils in the trim that make the cream more effective as a topical application, and the essential oils may be extracted more effectively by adding the oil and water together without pre-soaking the trim

I just wish we had the resources to do more studies :yep:

• Like 2

:guitar:

Fantastic information that is Danzig. :notworthy:

I have a question tho, my mum has arthritis and I did mention creams to her, as she is reluctant to use canabis as a daily help as she really relies on driving herself around and worries that she would be impaired to drive . So I suggested the cream and she said that she was worried it gets absorbed into the bloodstream and she would fail an intoxication test if she got pulled, or was involved in an accident or something similar.

So basically my question is whether the creams act as a localised form of pain relief or if it does in fact get you 'high'?

EO

:puke:

Fantastic information that is Danzig.  :notworthy:

I have a question tho, my mum has arthritis and I did mention creams to her, as she is reluctant to use canabis as a daily help as she really relies on driving herself around and worries that she would be impaired to drive . So I suggested the cream and she said that she was worried it gets absorbed into the bloodstream and she would fail an intoxication test if she got pulled, or was involved in an accident or something similar. 

So basically my question is whether the creams act as a localised form of pain relief or if it does in fact get you 'high'?

EO

370502[/snapback]

All localised and no chance of getting high, :guitar:

• Like 1

Guest stone win

Well informative and good info ,as I am getting more athretic in my spine now, so I am going to try the cream.

Good Info Danzig :)

:) winstoned :offtopic:

Hi Jeff...

thanks for the recipes!

Been looking at slow cookers & the thermostat controls keep the temperature between 110 and 190 degrees, is that ok? I thought it may be a little 'hot' for THC?

any guidance welcomed!

dikki

a little bit of info I found that might be of interest, in Shulgin's Pihkal TMA entry strangly enough.

He told me of a formula that had provided him with the most complete relief from arthritic pain he had ever known. It was a native decoction he had learned of many years eariler, when he was traveling in Mexico. One took equal quantities of three plants, Ruta graveolens (or our common rue), Rosmarinus officinalis (better known as rosemary), and Cannabis sativa (which is recognized in many households simply as marijuana). Three plants all known in folklore, rue as a symbol for repentance, rosemary as a symbol of remembrance, and pot, well, I guess it is a symbol of a lot of things to a lot of people. Anyway, equal quantities of these three plants are allowed to soak in a large quantity of rubbing alcohol for a few weeks. Then the alcoholic extracts are clarified, and allowed to evaporate in the open air to a thick sludge. This then was rubbed on the skin, where the arthritis was troublesome, and always rubbed in the direction of the extremity. It was not into, but onto the body that it was applied. All this from a very conservative Republican friend!

:unsure:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
a little bit of info I found that might be of interest, in Shulgin's Pihkal TMA entry strangly enough.

:yinyang:

371093[/snapback]

sounds yummy - dunno what rue smells like - but rosemary - wow, sunday lunch or what!?

I like the idea of a nice rub down with cannabis oil/cream. I made a chamomile foot goo once with chamomile and petroleum jelly.

Guest fitduck

Fantastic Danzig -I'm gonna make some up for my Gran. She's had arthritis for as long as I can remember.

Any other non - intoxicating recipes? And what is the best way to give seeds or to help Bud Buddies/THC4MS financially? Those guys are the true heroes in these circles.

I'm gonna make some up for my Gran. She's had arthritis for as long as I can remember.

Let us know how it works out

Any other non - intoxicating recipes?

Intoxication is just a matter of dose

And what is the best way to give seeds or to help Bud Buddies/THC4MS financially?

You can find details of how to donate on our website, or pm me lol

I know I've said this before but, without the support from members of UK420, BB would not be able to help all the people it does, so thanks from all at BB

:yinyang:

Fantastic Danzig  -I'm gonna make some up for my Gran. She's had arthritis for as long as I can remember.

Any other non - intoxicating recipes? And what is the best way to give seeds or to help Bud Buddies/THC4MS financially? Those guys are the true heroes in these circles.

391688[/snapback]

Intoxication is just a matter of dose

391700[/snapback]

True, but poultices are another method. Plenty history of use.

• 3 months later...

Hey there, this has been very interesting for me this read

What would happen if I for instance used 100g of outdoor buds? which are not as potent as nug but infinately times more potent than trim......

Would the cream just be alot more benefficial or would it not make much difference etc?

thanks

PS, would outdoor buds be acceptable to the bud buddies? I would like to donate some next year if possible

cheers