Make your own cream

DANZIG

@@noddy

Sounds like an interesting idea, I haven't used tiger balm since my 20s. I'll have to see if I can find some next time I'm in the city.

Sounds like you made a potent mix of oil.Keep us posted.

Peace

N

• Like 1

@@noddy

Sounds like an interesting idea, I haven't used tiger balm since my 20s. I'll have to see if I can find some next time I'm in the city.

Sounds like you made a potent mix of oil.Keep us posted.

Peace

N

Boots sell it mate

• Like 1

All localised and NO chance of getting high, :yinyang:

.....im out! :v:

Joking great thread :yep:

Edited by !HEMPFRUIT!

@@nohibition

if you get stuck mate shout I get mine at the pound/dollar store and I get 2 small pots for that so could always throw some in the post if you find it hard to get .

stay safe grow well

• 2 months later...

I personally would not add tiger balm from the pound shop, you never know whats in that shite. I grow organic and use organic coconut oil and beeswax. If you want to mask the smell then add essential oils lavender is good, as is frankincense and tea tree a couple of drops for each jar.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I've been thinking about trying to make this for my wife and can get oil to avoid the kerfuffle in heating and stirring stuff. Would that work?  If so what would the likely ratios be for oil and say coconut butter?

• 1 year later...

I'm wanting to make  @DANZIG recipe for body cream.

Instead of using olive oil I would like to change it to hemp oil.

Is there a particular brand which will be best to used.

Thank you :) 

P.S - or should I use coconut oil without the beeswax

Edited by caringmum

36 minutes ago, caringmum said:

Is there a particular brand which will be best to used.

I used "good oil" hemp oil, does wonders for my dry skin

• Like 2

I find coconut oil does a good job on dry skin as well but it does have a tendency to go solid,at room temp

• Like 1

actually to add a bit to that I was reading about making furniture polish with beeswax and an oil, And the opinion seemed to be don't use coconut or olive as over time these 2 oils would turn rancid best to use a mineral oil if it was going to be used over a long period of time, not sure its relevant in this case just thought I would drop it in

• Like 2

coconut oil is a bit odd, it seems to have a cooling effect, due to i think entropy, when it changes state from solid to liquid its becomes cooler, so as you rub it on its kinda cooling which is nice for sunburn and psoriasis.

• Like 1

I'm a lover of Monoi oil, gardenia infused coconut oil, it's a great emollient for after a shower and also beard oil, aftersun and massage oil.  

On a lighter note, reading the title of this thread I immediately thought of this.

eat-the-bread-it-is-my-body-drink-the-wi

• Like 3