Make your own cream

DANZIG

• 1 month later...

@@Twisted Rizla, I use a 2l slow cooker with low high & warm temp settings , always use low myself for a minimum of 6hrs , good luck

eta, give it a light stir every 25-30 mins , also the resulting cream can be very heavy on the canna smell , if your going to be using it to help a child a "masking" essence may be needed (just thinking about nursery/play group & unwanted q's , I use lavender in mine ;-) ( be aware that lavender can be bad for epileptics if that does matter at all ) again good luck :-)

Edited by ftcarer
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll be making some next crop with some very smelly plants, so called cheese. I doubt it is actually cheese, its nice but it reeks and it'll be for somebody else. How much lavender oil will I need to mask the smell of the cream if I follow the original recipie from @@DANZIG? Also can I half the ingredients for half the amount and are there any strains particularly good for making cream for skin rashes? I don't mind running a mixed grow in the future to possibly find a cream that works better than the others with different strains :yep:

Edited by Chester Copperpot

@@Chester Copperpot

I tossed loads of lavender oil in my batch but it didn't stop the cream from reeking of weed. It's a very distinctive smell. I should perhaps have used a quarter or more of the bottle but was a bit unsure as it was my first time making the cream. The bottle was the typical essence type with a dropper.

Yes, you can half the recipe.

Not sure on the best strains tbh. I just used a mix of different ones.

• Like 2

Yeah @@Twisted Rizla I can see this stinking my mate up. Hopefully a good wash off will be OK before he walks into work lol I was thinking of using mustard oil but not sure how that would work out. As for masking the smell I'll just have to try and see.

lavender should work fine ( just keep adding until that's all you smell ;-) )but I guess, just like the effects of weed on any given person , each person may be able to pick up certain scents better/worse , hope that makes sense lol

*** also just for info purposes ;-) last wk gave a small tub of the cream fresh from the freezer ;-) to a friend of Wifeys , date on it was 06/2013 , no loss of potency so I'm told ,so seems to keep well :rockon: ***

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Just browsing through this thread and just to add my 2cent worth.

Started growing medicinal last year after 2 prolapsed disks in spine, 2nd grow was Medical Seed Companies Channel+, outstanding pain management and lovely smoke. Made coconut oil infusion from 1st grow trip (Medical Seed Company- Devil Fruit) which was ok and gave to my mum to use on arthritis in her ankle reported mild improvement.

With my own treatment in the past month have been using blend of RSO (Rick Simpson Oil- Full Spectrum Oil Extract) and Coconut Oil- this is having huge effect by applying topically on the affected disks, I used to have hypersensitivity and pain in my foot due to trapped nerve, this has diminished by 80% and I take NO pain medication any more.

I have given some of my Channel+ trim infused oil to a friend who had severe arthritis in his knuckles and he is reporting great improvement in pain levels and swelling.

I am finding great results with Infused Coconut Oil applied topically across a wide spectrum of conditions even with the lower potency infusions.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I had a go at making this cream yesterday - used 500ml organic, sold pressed coconut oil, 5oz frozen trim and 1ltr water, in the slow cooker on low for 4 hours, stirring every now and then, drained through cheesecloth into an empty ice cream tub and in the fridge to set for about 3 - 4 hours.

Separated the resulting oi from the water and into jars.

Added a load of lavender extract, but doesn't seem to have done anything to the smell - might need to warm it up again and add more to see if that works.

Applied some to the parasitic twin that's growing on my cheek (started as a pin prick hole that bled for 5 hours and now looks like a wart - lovely) last night and this morning, and I have to say that already it feels much better - was itching a bit when walking the dog earlier and seems to be drying out - will apply some to my tennis elbows later on to see if it helps them too.

My son has a load of bites (he loves to lay in fields and gets bitten by all sorts) and wants to try some on them to see if it helps - should be good to see.

So, so far, so good ... will update on progress if it works :D

Edited by Sloppy Womble
  • Like 1

ok folks just wondering has anyone tried mixing this with tiger balm as I think if you do a 50/50 mix that might cover the smell nut to be honest I like the smell of the canna coconut I make lol I guess I must be strange , if I can not go near people when we move I will apply this stuff all the time and say hey I smell good like I knew that I would lol.

sorry just in a strange mood and having been making the oils and rubs for the wife I guess the ideas come as I work.

anyone tried it let me know but mixing a small pot now

stay safe grow well