Introducing "Sherbinski"

HSO-Mark

15 minutes ago, HSO-Mark said:

is the end product 3x better than say Chocolate Mint OG, Amherst sour diesel or Bubbas gift? 

ive done the asd and cmog and they are fire. if they are 3x better they may be worth the price, but to be 3x better they have there work to do.

like mark said until some gets finished and tested i will reserve judgement.

sam

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ch@ppers said:

True story,we met the guy who used to own the Doggies Nutts seedbank last year,interesting guy to chat to,anyway I said to him "You know you took the piss out of people with your seed prices back then" he actually laughed,he laughed,and said "Yes,i know,but people still bought them" :cowboy:

lol

Exactly @Ch@ppers , people will pay the price. It's friggin mental what is going on, Doggies Nutts was a one off back then. Everyone in the scene questioned it, I don't know a single person from around my way that touched them but some rich feckers did.

I bet they are all still sitting in rich peoples fridges in catalogued seed collections never to see the light of day.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, *DJ* said:

@HSO-Mark i spos my point is breeders who charge these prices always look like chancers, they really do, most people who have grown weed for decades, know hight price tags hardly ever mean the end product is value for money, people are paying for the hype, they always have, i cant help thinking these sort of prices are aimed at new/newish growers, who think expencive must be the way forward? But, in reality thats hardly ever the case, i was a happy grower, now im synical grower, fact!

dj......

I have the same thought buddy. 100%!

Primarily I'm a grower, was born to a grower who grew from 1975 in Holland then in the UK until he died in 2008.

I'm 40 now so I've seen some crazy things in this industry, When we started my old man had to travel from the UK to Holland every 3 months just for the seeds then smuggle them back. Even with this danger I know he was paying around £50/10 seeds via sensi, kc brain's and other old Dutch companies. This was way back before feminization and the seeds were not the best but we still grew some fire flowers in the UK through the 80-90,s.

Now I'm seeing a younger generation who will get attracted to a name or brand and not be taking notice of the actual flowers. 

We have new strains coming all the time but if you've been around this business in anyway for a long time you will probably think like me. These new strains like

Girl scout cookies is just a rebrand of a very old strain namely Durban poison. Now I'm.not taking anything away from GSC or any cut of that strain as some breeders did work her and find those special phenos etc :)

A lot has changed. Some I agree with others I don't. The pricing being one :)

22 minutes ago, twigs said:

why.?

Due to how he has build his brand and through the strains created that many more seed companies have copied such as

Sunset Sherbet 

Gelato 

He created these that is a fact. He then build a brand and now is a massive player getting his brand into major stores such as "Barney" New York, distributing his strains in flower form. 

Now does this justify the price of the seeds?

That's for the communty to decide :)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 8

@HSO-Mark Something else i should say, i feel for ya mark lol  ya been put right on the spot with this, that is clear, it was probably obvious before the op it wasnt going to go well, straight off the bat like.:no:

DJ.......

Edited by *DJ*
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, HSO-Mark said:

Due to how he has build his brand and through the strains created that many more seed companies have copied such as

Sunset Sherbet 

Gelato 

He created these that is a fact. He then build a brand and now is a massive player getting his brand into major stores such as "Barney" New York, distributing his strains in flower form. 

Now does this justify the price of the seeds?

lol  sorry mate no.

just because he shook two plants together a couple of times, made a logo and created ig account

does not warrant him charging £250 for 10 fem seeds!

is he better than the long time players that have been around and breeding when he was in nappies that still don't charge anywhere near £250/10 seeds.?

no!

sorry mate its a rip off, its all talk, hype, marketing and branding for #hashtag = $£$

• Like 4

I think theres a big difference in having a certain phenotype as a mother and then creating a certain seed strain from said phenotype. How many times we bought a pack and its nothing like the cut? 

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, GreenPirate said:

lol

Exactly @Ch@ppers , people will pay the price. It's friggin mental what is going on, Doggies Nutts was a one off back then. Everyone in the scene questioned it, I don't know a single person from around my way that touched them but some rich feckers did.

I bet they are all still sitting in rich peoples fridges in catalogued seed collections never to see the light of day.

He admitted its psychology,sell 10 seeds for £50 people are suspicious they are a low price so they "Must be crap" snazz the packaging up a bit and knock them out for £150 people nowadays,a lot of people,especially those who have been in the game 2 minutes and want "the best bruv innit" will snatch your hand off as £150=best/fire/the bomb the guy who branded doggies nutts is very affluent indeed nowadays and is still in the game somewhere :yinyang:

• Like 10

Its like this simple,.. theres a few of you on here that don't like the look of the price right! … well he don't give a fuck about you few lol this is just one forum of many I bet mark or someone else in the hso gang have posted on, or even Instagram,.. theres you few moaning on here BUT still the thread is 5-6 pages long, the strain is getting publicity .. So I ask how many of you have spoken about this to a friend today or mentioned it,.. ("Have you seen the price them new sherbinski seeds" )FUCK me 1000 packs is 250,000 blah blah I bet 1000's of people been talking about it from all forums and social media, and there be thousands willing to have em.... it is what it is in todays world, smart marketing,.. I bet my fridge of seeds theres 1000's people willing to que up an buy a pack of these seeds at spannabis with no moaning, it will be the next big strain going out for 400 an oz in fancy tins this summer this is the business were in , and its not marks thought its simply business you keep up with the trends or get left behind simple,.. if you read that Instagram post it says he,..Mario Guzman aka “Sherbinski” is in the process of creating the most renown high end brand of Cannabis products in the world. so there you go you want the farrari you don't pay fiesta prices ,.. 

He has a name in the business, and probably access to all the top American guys  best elites , clones, mothers ,phenos, etc etc so that's what your paying for plus the time an effort used to make the strain,.. 250's a bit strong but if there that good no problem there sell, and so will the product that they produce , (for Top Money)

;)

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, Gimps said:

No one mentioned the high yet?

Other than the high price we have not chatted about the area in yet :)

I'm sure we will at some point :)

Kind regards 

Mark..

49 minutes ago, panik said:

250's a bit strong but if there that good no problem there sell, and so will the product that they produce , (for Top Money)

It is coming in very heavy with the pricing brother, I'm sure the product is already being sold through out the legal States it will be in nice packaging and will be high prices probably over $100 1/8th so expensive flower and oil cartridges. 

It is selling though, just like the "cookies" brand owned by "Berner" that's huge but again flower in a nice  "cookie" bag demanding a high price just because it's produced by a known name. Even an empty 1/8 Mylar bag with the "cookie" names is like £15.

Be interesting to see how this goes and if things like this to start happening in the UK once or if we move towards legalization. With that said do we have any big well known UK celebrities that would back cannabis?

Can't see Beckham going that route lol

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, *DJ* said:

it was probably obvious before the op it wasnt going to go well, straight off the bat like.:no:

Lead balloon came to mind buddy :)

Like I've said I to do not agree with this price at the office and I'm not the only one.  This thread will go to the boss to show how disappointed the community is with this decision on pricing :)

Thanks for not shooting the messenger lol

Rock***Mark***Hardplace. 

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 15

@HSO-Mark you said earlier about "angry" Members.  It's not anger. That's a bit much.  It's just utter dismay.

I'd understand if this guy is f17 ibl but he's barely old enough.

Even to do that.

Is this release stable and solid?

That's my question.

Has it been stress tested?

Has it been bx' ed ?

Is it a strain or a hack?

• Like 5