Tonys Cutting Guide

Tony Montana

Just took some cuttings let's see how I do, I just did what your guide says too the letter. Can I put the cuttings in the in a dark part of the room say behind the tent there is some light not much, I could put a house bulb over the top to help.

• Like 1

I personally don't just spray them with normal water or soak the root it cubes in normal water, i add 1ml GreenFuse ROOT + 1ml Dutch pro take ROOT per ltr of water to soak/mist with, i do use a 250w for cuttings but just move the light further away + keep propagation humid. Then when they root i put them in a home-made aeroponics system with a collers + tiny bit feed for a week just to get the roots going

I don't chop off the end of the leaves, if they start to wilt, simple answer is move the light further away...

Good tutorial for first time cuts though

Thanks, glad you approve

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Tony, many thanks for your excellent Cuttings guide which I used and here is the finished product :book: Pictures taken on Day 1 of the propagation process. Thermostat temperature is set at 23C.

One thing I am not clear about is: when you move the cuttings under lights during the second week do you keep the propagator going and with or without the top? I shall be using a 250W CFL light. What height do you advise I keep the light above the plants? The recommended height is about 10cms.

post-6437-0-03763000-1337270386_thumb.jpg

post-6437-0-64523600-1337270404_thumb.jpg

Edited by BLUECRYSTALHAND
  • Like 1

Hi mate,

Been flat out busy lately

As soon as my cuttings have rooted I stick them under my T5 light. As your cuttings begin to root you can open the vents a little each day to "harden" them off

T, x

It's now a week now and no signs of roots. I've now moved the cuttings under a 250W CFL as you can see and here's a picture of the state of the cuttings just now. I followed the XP instructions about subdued light by leaving the propagator on a table in my bedroom with the immersion heater thermostat set at 23C. No sooner had I received delivery of the CFL today I moved them under it. Today, being unusually warm, the ambient temperature went up to over 30C. I've now got it down to 27C and the water temperature is about 25C. As you can see I covered the top of the propagator in order to subdue the light.

I'm guessing that the reason why they didn't root is because of lack of light. Solved that problem now, except for the temperature which is still a few degrees higher than the maximum of 24C given for optimal temperatures. Am I doing the right thing?

post-6437-0-71198900-1337810219_thumb.jpg

post-6437-0-32552200-1337810250_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

i dont understand why people are cutti g the ends of the leafs. that is just more stress on the plant and also an open wounds to attract molds and such. i do all my own clones and have never heard of such a thing. i dont personally use a heated prop, i just get the stewart props for £2:50 i like to use a new clean one for every 24 pack ov root riots( perfect fit). high humidity is not essential for successive clones. you will find that the clones will produce there own humidity, atleast the way i do it they do, the basics are good though on this thread. i would just avoid the heated prop though.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Tony.

Once you have taken your cutting and put them in your heated prop do u keep the away from light or keep them out of direct light. As i have been putting them under a light straight away .

• Like 1

They need very little light to begin with. Your soon know if the light is two intense as they will flop over!

T

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice post Tony.

Very helpfull thank you,I havent done much with clones but its something that i will start very soon.

Have a great day :skin_up:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ive got to say this method works if you follow it to the letter, I already had a heated prop (but paid £70!) and already had the riots and clonex as I wanted to have a crack at it. Anyhow I now have 6 rooted cuttings god know what Ill do with them as I have 7-8 weeks to go on my current grow & not sure if I want to do a perpetual thing but it was more of a see if I can do it thing rather then to use. Excellent guide thanks man if I can do it anyone can. S.K

• Like 1