Tonys Cutting Guide

Tony Montana

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

In the prop they go, I lift the lid once every day when I come home from work, just to refresh the air a little. The vents remain closed and they sit in my utility room out of direct sun light. I leave them there for a week and then they go under my T5 in my clone station

attachicon.gifcuts-prop.jpg

Here are some cuttings I took 15 days ago. As you can see they are almost as healthy as the day they went in

attachicon.gif15-days.jpg

Are you saying that after the cuttings are placed in the propagator you leave them in darkness? for how long? or is it into the propagator and lights on straight away? 18/6?

i have done a clone which i just started to do as i normally use seeds i had it about 2 weeks now

it has a root that has just popped out the side of a root it cube

i put it in my tent the past few days where its warmer i can see little hairs popping out the cube will these hairs turn into roots

i think the room with my flourescent tube and propergator is too cold

Edited by Temujen
  • 2 months later...

My next thread is on germing seeds, all you need is some sandpaper, an ice cube tray, sky + box and a rocking horse :unsure:

Gunner

Any particular channel to ensure success Gunner?

• Like 2
  • 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It's a great post, I've read all 14 pages and it's helped allot as I'm a master at killing clones, a situation I need to rectify.  My biggest failure has been cooking them with too much light too early.  Now I've a few unheated propagators and a heat mat for them to sit on.  Inside the propagators different strains go in their own labeled plastic takeaway container bottoms so I don't get them mixed up.   The heat mat thermostat sensor sits underneath the takeaway containers inside the propagator.  

What I haven't been able to find in the last 14 pages is the optimum temperature for rooting clones.  Plenty of mention of heated propagators but no mention of the temperature.  The area I have them in is roughly 21c, I've currently set the thermostat at 23c and they're looking great after a week.  I just wondered if an extra degree or two might speed them up a bit?

Laph

• Like 1

@Laphroaig theres stuff on google if you want to read(studies etc) that suggests optimal root temperatures are between 22-30c.

hope that helps.

H4rdc0r3.

Edited by H4rdc0r3
  • Like 1

@H4rdc0r3 A bit, it's similar to the blurb that came with the heat mat and whilst it gave specific recommended temperatures for different types of plants cannabis isn't on the list :)   I'll bump it up to 25c and see how it goes, they've already had a week at 23c, hopefully I won't kill 'em.

@Laphroaig im sure they will be fine with 25c just keep an eye on em,experiment with it and try to find the sweet spot as im sure that 'spot' will change on some strains vs others like when i found out kush's love warm roots and hate cold.

H4rdc0r3.

• Like 1

Well I dunno if cranking the heat up a couple of degrees yesterday is to blame but I found one of mine had gone all squishy at the top after a week in the propagator, the others haven’t succumbed but I’m keeping a closer eye on them.  Will probably take some more cuts tomorrow and just keep going till I get this damn thing right! 

@Laphroaigcould it just be a harder to clone plant? i think some are harder than others to clone,for example i took a handful of cuts using my usual 100% success method on a ak47 cross from kalashnikov and  out of all of them only one came through but i have a thrips problem still so that could have assisted(thrips seem to love it as well vs the other plants,coincidence?)

i think some plants clones take very easily and some not so easy and more hard work/trial and error finding a way that works maybe.

atb,H4rdc0r3.