Tonys Cutting Guide

Tony Montana

People can take what they want from this thread, like I said it's just how I get my cuttings to root. The truth be told you could take a cutting and stick it up your bum and it would probably root, I just thought I would share a bit if what I have learned. You can take a cutting like I have illustrated an place it in a jiffy, root riot, soil, coco .etc .etc but some people don't even know what a suitable cutting is

My next thread is on germing seeds, all you need is some sandpaper, an ice cube tray, sky + box and a rocking horse :unsure:

Gunner

Hey dude, it's a good thread and i have learnt how to take cuttings this afternoon. Great photo's showing EXACTLY what you're doing. In fact, because i am a noob at this, i'm always looking at threads like this just in case there's that little snippet of information you were missing to fit the whole jigsaw together, or even just to open a new jigsaw entirely.

Anyhows, point is, good effort mate and thanks for the responses.

This, and threads like it are a godsend to us newbie's and no-one should be put off posting them. No matter how many people have different points of view, eh papduc :wink:

• Like 6
Guest papaduc

Definitely mate. Like I say, the actual guide to taking the cuttings and that is spot on. But like you just said, you can take snippets out of threads when you read, it's what we all do when we're looking for info on anything.

Last night I was looking for info on some nutes and that, I didn't just read the first post in the thread, I read the whole thing to see other people's point of view.

You read this thread and now you know where to cut etc, but you also know that you don't need a heated prop, or root riots, and you don't even need to worry about cutting the leaves, or misting really.

Add up which bits of info suit you best and roll. Buy the heated prop if you think that's the best route. It might even get you cuts quicker.

The above is bang on and holds True imo.

Thats the way I take onboard information regards various things :guitar:

**And I'm not talking about 50/50 hit and miss Arse Cuttings lol

Edited by Swiftygreen
  • Like 2

Nice. I do it near enough the same. Only I use seedling pot of light mix with a freezer bag over it... and I chop those bigger leaves in half rather than just the ends.

Good guide man.

• Like 1
Guest Jibbajabba

I thought this was a decent guide gunner, i like the way people have there own ways of doing things but were all aiming for the same thing, i take the cuts and use peat pellets in a sandwhich bag, for me i never had much sucsess in a prop and i always clip the leaves as i can get one more in each bag!!

Rock on dude!!

i did the root riot method...got 5 out of 25

flicked to 12/12 flower 4 days ago

can i still take cuttings?

if so, will it have a detrimental effect on the plant?

• Like 1

You can take cutting anytime, it's just the longer you wait after switching to flower, the longer it takes for

them to root.

It won't hurt the plant, a lot of members here strip the whole lower third of the plant after two or three weeks

of 12/12 to eliminate all those bud sites that aren't getting a lot of light so the plant will concentrate

all it's energy in the top half where most of the bud production happens anyway.

Hope thta helps,

Kapusta

• Like 1
Guest papaduc

You can take cutting anytime, it's just the longer you wait after switching to flower, the longer it takes for

them to root.

Kapusta, even cuts taken from plants as late as 5 weeks flower root in about 7 days mate. I think it's a myth that a flowering cut takes longer to root.

• Like 2

My current batch are all cut from a plant 3/4 weeks into flower (budding), using the "snip, pot, water, mist, baggie, leave it alone for a fortnight" method.

15 cuttings, 11 made it, they all look proper funky though (up to 4 or 5 tops on some of em)

Coming along nicely tho :8

• Like 2

mate I've replied and to be honest I think I summed up best in that reply why I posted what I'm posting in here, so here's why..

Tbh gunner, whenever I see heated prop + root riots and a cutting guide for noobs, I just think - disaster waiting to happen. That's just my opinion mate, but you have it down and obviously you're not a newbie to this, which is why I pointed out the bag and pot method, because that method is almost literally impossible to fuck up and I think it should be a pinned method for beginners.

The guide itself for taking the cuts and the methods are sound. I just want people who've never done this before to know there is an even easier way to take cuts and have guaranteed success and how many of the procedures are unnecessary.

I think you both give good advice, varitety is the spice of life, lol, I've just got a couple of results from the pot & bag method, paitents is a must though !