Tonys Cutting Guide

Tony Montana

Good guide, thanks

I to have been taking my first cuttings, using the soil and plastic bag method, the first lot were mostly fail because the medium was to wet I think but the last lot rooted 100%

BUT THEY ARE VERY YELLOW? not a bit, the edges of the leaves go bright bright yellow- why might this be? Any ideas?

• Like 1

Good guide, thanks

I to have been taking my first cuttings, using the soil and plastic bag method, the first lot were mostly fail because the medium was to wet I think but the last lot rooted 100%

BUT THEY ARE VERY YELLOW? not a bit, the edges of the leaves go bright bright yellow- why might this be? Any ideas?

I think it's because the cuttings have used that energy in the leaves to form new roots.

• Like 3

Good guide, thanks

I think it's because the cuttings have used that energy in the leaves to form new roots.

Cheers Mate

• Like 1

another picture :wassnnme:

pssssst gunner,

didn't work well for me, only 2 of 8 looks growing, 2 defo dead, others, well...

What I've learned:

1-) heated propagator needed if you want your cuttings root faster

2-) Root riot is a good idea, so you can check the roots with minimal or no damage. (better than allmix/perlite mix)

post-64418-0-26121100-1316737577_thumb.jpg

Edited by mediterranean sea
  • Like 1

You can take cutting anytime, it's just the longer you wait after switching to flower, the longer it takes for

them to root.

It won't hurt the plant, a lot of members here strip the whole lower third of the plant after two or three weeks

of 12/12 to eliminate all those bud sites that aren't getting a lot of light so the plant will concentrate

all it's energy in the top half where most of the bud production happens anyway.

Hope thta helps,

Kapusta

Hi,

Are these cuttings from flowering plants needs to go under 24h light or daylight is still enough for them?

thanks.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

i just started using the root riots,i can highly recommend em to anyone cloning,i like the jiffy pucks too(coir ones),i usually just take the clone stick it in a heated prop&mist 3 times a day with a formulex solution with the vents closed for the 1st 3 days then i mist em twice after that&keep the vents open,i keep em under 2 20 watt cfl's 24/7&i usually have roots in 7/8 days.

all the best

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Great Guide Gunner :yep: Bought some Ugorg Smile so had to take cutts, 8 out of 8 rooted not bad for first attempt :toot:

Congratulations mate, it's like your first child being born :wassnnme:

Gunner

• Like 2