Tonys Cutting Guide

Tony Montana

I then whack it in the clonex for a second or two

post-48082-0-39927000-1313942728_thumb.jpg

then into the root riot

post-48082-0-79434200-1313942764_thumb.jpg

Snip of the ends of each leaf

post-48082-0-86968800-1313942798_thumb.jpg

Yo gunner, whats the theory behind cutting the leaf tips off?

Im going to use ya guide to take some for a mate :smokin:

DC1

• Like 1

Hi Chunk

The main reason I snip the leaf tips off is so they are not all over lapping each other and take up less room, it also helps reduce the amount of moisture the plants release through its leafs. It's not essential, a good cutting should root either way.

Good luck mate, post your results here :stoned:

Gunner

Freezer maybe but doubt it! You going somewhere?

lol nah mate, ive got some reg seeds i wanted to sex them take cuttings and maybe grow them at a later date

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I've not been having much luck with clones lately.... 27 and none took :wallbash: I think the main reason being the cold, does anyone know what temperture is best for clones to root? These ladies were about 3 months from seed when I stripped them, so I don't think they were too young...

post-65881-0-48744800-1332992809_thumb.jpg

Method: 3" plastic pot, soil + perlite, 1ml per liter Plant Magic Catalyst - Bio-Wetter, Clonex & freezer bag. Tempertures were around 18 tops 14 lowest :headpain:

• Like 1

So after the miserable failure that was my last attempt I've got to take some more but I'm only left with the tops of the plant, so I thought it wise to ask before I start meddling. I'm flipping to 12/12 on sunday and I get a little nervous waving scissors around near 'em... So what's the best place to take from the top & more importantly will this damage my yeild significantly? Here's some more recent photos.

post-65881-0-30223200-1332995431_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the multiple posts it only allows on picture at a time for some reason?

• Like 1

Hi mate

Your temps are to low for cuttings, get them up a bit. Can't you take cuts and leave them indoors? If your temps are 18-14 then I would address that before flipping to 12/12, your get all sorts of problems with low temps.

Are you feeding your girls? They seem very dark green?

I would not add anything but clonex when taking cuts. Soil, clonex and that's it

Gunner

I've put a heater in there a couple of weeks ago, and the temperture is a steady 25 lights on and 21 lights off in there now, I read that soil tempertures will always be a couple degrees lower, so is that still too low? is there a recommended temp for cuttings?

I've only fed them once with PM Grow when they looked like they needed it, the rest of the time I've been interchanging Catalyst (1 & 1/2 ml per liter), Bio-Silicon (1/2 ml per liter), Biowetter (1 & 1/2 ml per liter) & Boost on pot ups (0.75ml per liter). The Biowetter I was using every watering except with the boost until OT1 said to use every now and then.

Have you any comment on the pictures... is that where you would take them? If I took say four off each plant would they bounce back like nothing happened? I'm probably being overly paranoid and asking a stupid question really, but I've only ever took a handfull of cuttings in my life and after my attempts of super cropping them and snapping the tops I don't want to be damaging them any further.

• Like 1

There are plenty of potential cuttings on them girls mate. Just take a cutting as per my guide or similar. Cuttings do not like intense light. You seem to have your temps sorted. Your girls won't mind a trim here and there, it won't hurt them. You seem to being throwing alot at the girls mate, try not to over complicate things.

Gunner