Tonys Cutting Guide

Tony Montana

• 5 weeks later...

Well just potted my first set of rooted cuttings, 9/10 took :skin_up:

Cheers gunner! :smokin:

i get 100% now too! :yahoo:

thanks gunner!

Glad it worked for you lads. As long as you take a half decent cutting then they will more or less root any where, although I always think a bit if heat from the bottom helps

Happy growing :yinyang:

Gunner

• Like 2

I would like to thank Gunner for this guide.

I followed it, for my first cutting exercise, and I now have extremely well developed clones, all fully rooted and looking V.healthy.

Thanks for this Gunner, it is an invaluable help.

Cheers :smokin:

• Like 1

Yep this is a spot on method, my last lot I took 16, because I knew,they was small and feeble, yet using gunners guide, 15pulled through, the man certainly knows what his doing :yep:

post-69077-0-63435100-1329079911_thumb.jpg

Edited by socks
  • Like 1

this has helped me enormously gunner, thanks a lot dude.

I'm just starting to switch to cuttings, from using seeds for the first couple of years.

thanks again,

data.

• Like 1

Great guide mate! Just about to try this myself for the first time as I have 8 girls about to flip tomorrow their are 4 different strains 3 of the plants are looking really good so I would like to take a few cuts for mums befor I flip I have a tray of root riots a heated prop some clonex and a few clean scalpels couple of questions

Have I missed anything off my prep?

When you say you soak the riots for 5-10 mins, what in? Plain water, ph'd plain water or some sort of nite solution?

Thanks for the great guide

• Like 1

I always think a bit if heat from the bottom helps

I bet you do you dirty bastard lol

I think a low powered prop is perfect for taking cuttings now, i have had one for a few years and always go back to it this time of year, mines only 10w, i might get a more powerful one with a thermostat as my kitchen cupboard gets very cold when outside temps are low. it was 13oC the other day :headpain: and 10w ain`t enough with the lid off imo when they are just cut, anyway, glad you are getting good feedback mate, it`s not a bad guide really lol :wink:

• Like 1

Good guide gunner I use the same method as you except i make a clonex solution by adding half a tea spoon of clonex per litre of water and spray roots and leaves with it every second day 99.9% success rate every time. heated props are the biz. :yinyang:

• Like 1

i'm i newb to everything so just wondered why you nip the ends ?

Just take the larger leaves back to half way of the fingers, it slows transpiration and drooping :stoned:

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest weenaz67

Tried my first ever clone using this method

Made a total balls up lol

Only thing i forgot to do was soak the root riots for 5-10 mins

They was in the prop for about 4 days an all the flowers looked dead,on closer inspection my bro said the bottom of the cubes had dried out

I have 2 plants in flower about 4 days now,will i still be able to take a cutting or best leave it now? I know nothing about these plants except they had been in veg for about 8 weeks and they are big and honking lol

• Like 1

I have 2 plants in flower about 4 days now,will i still be able to take a cutting or best leave it now? I know nothing about these plants except they had been in veg for about 8 weeks and they are big and honking lol

I don't know about taking the tops in flower, but lots of people take off the branches on the bottom 1/3rd (depending on how big they are & your light penetration). So if I were you, I would take the cutz from the bottoms of the plants.

• Like 1