Tonys Cutting Guide

Tony Montana

Guest bucky0hare

Thanks for the quick reply. If its in heated prop where it is very humid, what would be the point? Would it be beneficial to do that when rooting in an aeroponic propagator?

• 4 weeks later...

Brilliant thread, Thanks Tony :)

Why do you trim the leaves? lol

I did my first cuttings back in July, used rockwool and they rooted fine sitting on a window sill, no cover fuss and all 12 rooted. I won't use rockwool again though as I think its somehow binded the roots of a couple as they got bigger and they are not taking up nutes.

Took some more cuttings a couple of weeks ago and I think its a whole different thing in colder weather. Finding the best place for them has been tricky. Its too hot on the window sill because of radiators or too dark and cold everywhere else. I took 12 cuttings of my flowering 'outdoor mix' that were doing ok after a couple of weeks on a sill above a radiator but not rooting so I thought they needed more light. I put them in my 12/12 cupboard for a day and they dried out to death :(

I took another 12 cuttings of my 8 weeks germinated shark shocks and put them in a non heated propagator on the non radiator window sill and they all died of rot and mould after a week :(

My next lot of 12 I took yesterday as per Tonys guide, used root riots since I don't like rockwool, this time used clonex too and hope it will help get them established quicker. I bought a £20 heated propagator and have put the in my utilility room, no heating out there so temps should stay stable at 24c It is very dark though so I have an energy saving lightbulb above them at night.

Since I got mould in the unheated prop I am concerned that the higher heat and humidity It will happen again, any advice?

• Like 1

Sounds like you got it covered, heated props are great if your struggling with temps! Your energy saving lightbulb will be fine

just keep an eye on them, they should look healthy and happy

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Thanks bro for putting the guide up.

I read the first couple of pages, then stopped once the neggers started.

Just what I needed. Ive not cloned for 15 years so wanted to brush up before I dust off me scalpel :)

• Like 1

Tbh there's no need to clip the leafs. I think it's something OT1 did in his guide but I've found it makes no difference.

This isn't a bad guide, but there is a much simpler more fail-safe way to do it and all you need is a freezer bag and a 1L pot.

I have just had a cutting on the windowsill in a shot glass with plain water just as an experiment amazingly it's rooted after 2weeks.

Mentalist this nature thang ain't it.

Lild.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...