Tonys Cutting Guide

Tony Montana

I followed it pretty much, but still managed to lose all 14. I lost them on about day 7.

My mistake was wetting the cubes too much I think. I have never tried cuttings before with weed or root riots. I have used jiffy7's mostly.

I left them to drain for a couple of hours, but they were still soggy. Like chocolate brownies.

Note to self, wring the buggers out next time. Or just use less water.

Shame, those seeds seem to have dissapeared now.

e2a: The guide is good, it me thats the problem :rofl:

Edited by b.wild
  • Like 1

Hi mate

Try a pot of well watered compost and cover with a freezer bag, keep trying and your get the hang if it

I must update this thread, I will be taking some cuts the weekend, I will try to remember to update! It's the same process, just a little variation

T, x

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for that i am that 1 person you have helped i am going to get a heated prop and try them riots i usually use jiffy pellets. i have got a little tip for you if ye want to try it out when ye takeing ye cuntings before you dip it into the clonex slice the bottom of the stem up wards with a stanley knifei find it makes the cutting root abit faster

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Tony

Just wanted to say a big cheers for your cutting guide man. I've just cloned for the second time and following your method this time has made it so much easier than the first time which was quite stressful, paniking over nothing and stuff like that. :) I found your guide very easy to follow, although i used coco pellets and seeding compost instead of root riots. Needless to say I,m well chuffed with the result and now have a nice choice of plants for my next two grows. Cheers again man....TS

Happy days and keep on spreading the hemp magic

gallery_72178_4260_8713.jpg

edit... blz stoned grammer

Edited by theshire
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I notice you dipped your clones straight into the bottle there Tone, did you find you had any trouble with the liquid after?, the website/instructions says to use it in a separate container because of the risk of contamination, i`ve just taken some cuts and i did the same as you and hope i haven`t knackered my brand new bottle :unsure:

the instructions on the box don`t mention this (only on the paper inside, and who reads that eh? lol:wallbash:

• Like 1

I've changed my method slightly, I pour the clonex straight into the coco now along with few granules!

It's just good practise not to dip the cutting into the clonex to restrict contamination, but I'm sure you will be fine

I'll update this thread tomorrow when I take some cuts

Yeah, the clonex was fine.

It doesn't actually effect the clonex. Let's say you take a cutting from your Mum that has LSF or another fungal disease, you dip it in your bottle of clonex, then take another cut from another Mum or plant, you then dip that in the bottle of clonex, you coud potentially spread disease around your plants. So their advice is spot on and it is good practise to pour a little clonex out for cuttings and then dispose of it.

T, x

• Like 2

Time for a little update on how I take cuttings. I still follow the same method of taking the cuts as detailed in this guide but I no longer use a Heated Prop. My Son thought the Prop was for African Snales so I thought I better move it :unsure:

Anyway.

I have recently switched to from Coco to Compost.

Take a pot of Coco/Compost:

gallery_48082_5637_60144.jpg

I then water in with 1/4 strength mix of Plant Magic Grow and PH to 5.8. Please not there is no need to PH when using Compost.

gallery_48082_5637_41728.jpg

Then make the required number of holes, a small pot like this is good for 4 or 5 cuttings. I used a screw driver, but a pen or something similar will do.

gallery_48082_5637_70745.jpg

I then sprinkle a little Plant Magic Granules into the holes and dribble a little bit of Clonex into each hole. Although this step is not necessary I just think it promotes health plants and roots and gets your cuttings off to a good start.

gallery_48082_5637_75706.jpg

Place your cuttings in each hole and be sure to press the coco/compost around the cutting so the medium is in contact with the cutting. I then use a Zip Lock freezer bag, I dont bother spraying them with water or anything. I zip them up and place them under my T5. After a week I open the bag and continue to open it a little more each day until it is fully opened.

gallery_48082_5637_42441.jpg

• Like 3

so you don't cut the corners of your re-seable bags, so you can use them again :wassnnme: and how late into flower do you take cuttings? i recently took some 5weeks into flower, and they are the strongest cuttings I've had. And i used the origanal Gunners guide, 100% success

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Forgot to update this thread

so took 3 cuttings and placed them all in the same pot. Normally I would give each cutting its own pot but as these are for a friend I just rooted them all in one pot to save space

gallery_48082_5637_19391.jpg

I took 3 and all 3 rooted at the same time. I just opened the Freezer bag after about a week and continue to open it each day to harden them off.

100% success rate. They separate quite easily from the coco

gallery_48082_5637_72474.jpg

Hope this helps. Just gives folk a couple of different options

T, x

• Like 4