Tonys Cutting Guide

Tony Montana

It stops the plant transpiring

Transpiration is the evaporation of water into the atmosphere from the leaves and stems of plants.

gunner

• Like 1

The Stamping whilst in full flight Song help with Aeration of the Roots of the Mom to aid even healthier cuttings?

If so thats gone into my internal FAQ within my Head lol

• Like 1

The Stamping whilst in full flight Song help with Aeration of the Roots of the Mom to aid even healthier cuttings?

If so thats gone into my internal FAQ within my Head lol

:P

Excellent little guide mate. Have just been reading OT1's stuff also since i'm thinking of doing the same, getting a Bonsai mum that is.

Couple of things mate..

In the prop they go, I lift the lid once every day when I come home from work, just to refresh the air a little. The vents remain closed and they sit in my utility room out of direct sun light. I leave them there for a week and then they go under my T5 in my clone station

The way i read that is they are in the darkness for a whole week until you put them under your T5. Is that right? No light for a whole week? :headpain:

Transpiration is the evaporation of water into the atmosphere from the leaves and stems of plants.

gunner

Just out of interest, why is that not good then? presumably the plants are gonna shrivel and die if they do due to losing water?

Guest papaduc

Just out of interest, why is that not good then? presumably the plants are gonna shrivel and die if they do due to losing water?

Tbh there's no need to clip the leafs. I think it's something OT1 did in his guide but I've found it makes no difference.

This isn't a bad guide, but there is a much simpler more fail-safe way to do it and all you need is a freezer bag and a 1L pot.

Simply the Best by Tina Turner, it helps if you have thighs like a rugby player and stamp your feet whilst singing!!

Just in case you forget the words mate lol

• Like 1

The way i read that is they are in the darkness for a whole week until you put them under your T5. Is that right? No light for a whole week? :headpain:

My utility room is at the back of my kitchen with a door and a window in it so there is plenty of light in there, cuttings don't need much light to begin with, I find they wilt if the light is to strong. In the darker colder months I just switch the light on in the utility room in the evenings, it still goes off at night and they always root, some folk think cuttings need 24hr light to root but they don't.

:yep:

Gunner

hi gunner, nice bit of info there got a question, why do you cut off the ends off each leaf?? cheers

It stops the cuttings transpiring mate, which is basically how they release moisture into the atmosphere. They have no roots so need to retain a little moisture or they will wilt, that's also why they need high humidity

Hope this helps

Gunner

Guest papaduc

That's not true gunner mate.

Not only do they not need their leaves clipped, but cuttings will actually root when taken and put straight into a pot of soil/coco with no prop or/bag/lid/humidity.

Cutting's won't shrivel up and die if you don't clip them either dude.

• Like 1

That's not true gunner mate.

Not only do they not need their leaves clipped, but cuttings will actually root when taken and put straight into a pot of soil/coco with no prop or/bag/lid/humidity.

Cutting's won't shrivel up and die if you don't clip them either dude.

What's not true? I think you need to re read my post. I'm not saying you need to clip the leafs or they will die, I'm saying the if it's not humid enough they will wilt and die, am I wrong?

I don't always clip the leafs, it depends on the size of my cutting, they always root either way

Gunner

they not need their leaves clipped,

It reduces surface area of transpiration and also takes a bit of weight of the larger leaves stopping them wilting through gravity ime :stoned:

• Like 4