What Games Are You Playing At The Moment?

mickle

@Military Grade seen that game the other week and was impressed by the graphics. 

That's got to be on a top spec pc tho, surely? 

Playing through dante's inferno on gamepass. A game I never got round to playing back on the old 360.

Fifa for multiplayer.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cainedbutable said:

That's got to be on a top spec pc tho, surely? 

The unreal engine can run pretty well on average pc's, it's only a single player game I believe.

• Like 1

Gave Redfall a go on Gamepass. Another mediocre Xbox game, not as bad as some of the reviews make out but not very good either, looks like an Xbox One game and runs like a sick dog, badly needs performance patches. May be time for me to get a PS5 cos the Xbox is dying on it's arse with poor games :sadwalk:  Can't really think of a single 'must-play' Xbox X/S exclusive so far while the PS5 has already had Horizon Forbidden West and God of War 2.

E2A The difference in approach between God of War 2 and Redfall is quite striking, God of War 2 reviews were out ages before the game came out and when it did it was another masterpiece, there was a ban on early reviews for Redfall (a standard Bethesda tactic that I've always disliked) and now it's out it's a buggy mess. Sort your shit out and worry about the quality of the release, not the fucking review schedule :headpain:

Edited by Boojum

They're having to put too much on Starfield now unfortunately Booj with this recent cock up on Redfall (I never really got the vibe with Redfall and it's hype train tbh as it seemed a bit boring from my perspective).  You're right about Xbox needing to wake up a bit though for sure and is one of the reasons I've held off upgrading to Series X and stuck with my Xbone notwithstanding money to buy one of course lol

Trouble is I've favoured Xbox since I first got the OG way back when and perhaps hanging on due to the rose tinted specs via the seemingly better days of the 360 generation.  Going back to PS after 20 plus years is not something I really want to do but yeah, Xbox certainly needs to up it's game and delver some solid titles that deliver a worthwhile experience without being buggy messes that fall flat on their faces.

As it happens I'm running through No Man's Sky at the mo and loving it, although that's still not perfect for sure with regard to software issues no matter what the turnaround from it's early days has resulted in.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, botanics said:

As it happens I'm running through No Man's Sky at the mo and loving it, although that's still not perfect for sure with regard to software issues no matter what the turnaround from it's early days has resulted in.

My gf plays it and it's a great game,problem is it crashes constantly on ps4 pro, and sound of ps4  pro when you turn game on is horrible, it's louder then my fully maxed growroom.

Am on WZ2 ,struggling through gas on new rebirth Island

22 minutes ago, botanics said:

They're having to put too much on Starfield now unfortunately Booj with this recent cock up on Redfall (I never really got the vibe with Redfall and it's hype train tbh as it seemed a bit boring from my perspective).  You're right about Xbox needing to wake up a bit though for sure and is one of the reasons I've held off upgrading to Series X and stuck with my Xbone notwithstanding money to buy one of course lol

Trouble is I've favoured Xbox since I first got the OG way back when and perhaps hanging on due to the rose tinted specs via the seemingly better days of the 360 generation.  Going back to PS after 20 plus years is not something I really want to do but yeah, Xbox certainly needs to up it's game and delver some solid titles that deliver a worthwhile experience without being buggy messes that fall flat on their faces.

I'm doing what I did with the last generation lol Got an Xbox One and mostly played Gamepass games, did the daily, weekly and monthly rewards stuff which pays for the Gamepass (I use the points to get 3 months every 3 months), then a few years later I used the money saved from not buying games to buy a PS4, doing the same thing now with the series X and I'll buy a PS 5 in a bit lol by that time the PS5 games I want to play should be on the Sony subscription service :)

@Boojum you can save even more if you buy ps plus when it's on sale :) ...I bought a 12 month subscription to Ps Plus Extra for £50 around Xmas (it's normally £85)....they also have sales on Black Friday and other times of the year.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 04/05/2023 at 2:03 PM, Herbal Kint said:

sound of ps4  pro when you turn game on is horrible, it's louder then my fully maxed growroom

It's clogged up with dust, shut it down, unplug everything, pull off the top and bottom panels (they literally just pull off), unscrew the two screws which hold in the power supply from the bottom then unscrew the top power supply screws, lift out the power supply but do not unplug it, just flip it 180 and rest on the console. Find someone with a compressor and air line then blow out all of the dust in the heat sink, fan and vents. 

Refit the power supply by flipping it back 180° and dropping it back into its slot, just tighten the top screws and leave out fitting the two screws which hold in the power supply from underneath, makes job much quicker for next time. 

It sounds difficult but it's really fucking easy. If you have the right hollow point Torx screwdrivers for PS4 then this job should take about 5 minutes. 

The unit will be silent until the dust starts building up again

• Like 1

PGA 2K23 on my PS4, it's amazing fair play.

Only been playing it since Sunday and already I'm having to limit the amount of game time as it's so addictive.

• 2 weeks later...

Titan submersible simulator. Bit disappointing tbh, it's just a black screen and the PlayStation controller doesn't do anything. 

• Like 3

Playing some gamepass games that I initially overlooked but gave a go and discovered that they're good :)

Zombie Army 4 - initally avoided this cos I'm not into online co-op games, but it's actually got a decent solo campaign mode which I'm enjoying (Trench gun with Hector for faster takedown buildups FTW)

And Tainted Grail: Conquest. Really good deckbuilding roguelite with RPG elements.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Boojum said:

Playing some gamepass games that I initially overlooked but gave a go and discovered that they're good :)

That's what's great about gamepass innit.

I've just started wasteland 3, giving off some fallout vibes. Enjoying it but feel it's gonna be a long game.

Mainly playing fifa tho. Weekend league is so addictive, it's like crack to my Competitive side. 

• 3 weeks later...

Zelda tears of the kingdom. 

fuck me what a game. best game I've played in a decade. I got switch specially for it and boy o boy it was good shout. never really been switch or Zelda fan but I am convert. was always fallout kinda guy but there last shot show of game 76 was so so wank. 

The game itself has everything combat, crafting/making, story, monsters, puzzles, random walking around exploring love it all fact an I play for 5 mins or 5 hours. I can take the console on plane, bed or sit I my sofa makes its easy with young family, n no massive updates n shit. fkin hate that. 

any other good switch game recommendations?

Zelda Breath of the Wild is superb, but perhaps not so good if you've already played Tears of the Kingdom. Metroid Prime Remastered is supposed to be excellent. Mario Kart and Smash Bros are both must-haves. Bayonetta 2 (on any console, brilliantly bonkers). Xenoblade Chronicles 3. Mario Odyssey.

• Like 1