What Games Are You Playing At The Moment?

mickle

I've discovered "Rise Of Nations" recently which is a good real time strategy game like Age of Kings.

I also occasionally play Unreal Tournament 2004 (online multiplayer futuristic first person perspectove shooting game) when I'm not downloading anything.

I'm looking for new ones to try so...

What are you guys playing? Can you also mention what kind of game it is please. :yinyang:

been playing through all the old Command and Conquer games just recently , starting with the first one , currently upto Red Alert 2 .

I've also got "X2-the threat" sitting here , but it's so deep and involved it's a little daunting , haven't really got started on it yet just played through the tutorials .

• Like 4

Battlefied 1942's Desert Combat mod........brrrilliant! I just love flying those helicopters, but I need a little more practice.

• Like 3

Medieval : Total War - An absolute masterpiece, probably moved in to second place (behind the Civilization series - not the lamentably poor activision call to power ones though) as my most played strategy game. State Of Emergency - old skool frantic arcade action with fancy 3rd person graphics (and come one, you can blow a fed's head off with a shotgun then pick up the head & beat the rest of the cops to death with it :mashed:). Duke Nukem : Manhatten Project - why isn't anyone making side scrolling shooters any more ? Age of Wonders 2 - cos I like turn based strategy but have played virtually everything else to death. Temple of Elemental Evil - not really playing, just storing it on my HDD until I get a decent mobo & CPU, cos it runs like a one legged horse on my machine, but it's the best implementation of the D & D system in a game so far IMHO just cos of the turn based combat (real time combat in RPGs - who the fuck thought that would work ? it's got to be turn based, it is in the tabletop version). Fifa 2003 cos fifa 2004/PES definitely won't run on my bag of shite, and I've gotta get the swiss referee out of my system somehow (second thoughts, that's what state of emergency's for). Descent- Freespace2 - just downloaded it, not played it yet, ditto X-Com : Apocalypse.

Oh, and Jedi Knight.

And Serious Sam.

And Star Wars - Rogue Squadron.

Spent the week having a bit of an Emule party, I go through periods when I've got nothing installed, and periods when I DL every game I can think of. Roll on the end of August - should have the dollars for an upgrade :) Can't remember the last time I played a 'new' game.

• Like 5

still playin Unreal Tournament (the original), only game I can seem to get online & workin with my archaic PC :yep:

Return To Castle Wolfenstein too :)

• Like 1

I used to love playing RTCW online , I made a map for it once , it was basically a conversion of the CS map dust , but I named it snow cos it was set in a snowy environment . I wonder if anyone ever played it ......

im palying AOE right now mickle ill d/l rise of nations and have a multi with ya lol

yeah let me know when you are ready mate :D

I had a game of Age Of Mythology this morning and managed to beat the computer in a grudge match - revenge for an embarassing defeat it dealt me last night ;)

are any of you guys rampant cheaters at games? (non-multiplayer, of course) I play them normally for a bit, download a trainer and then run about murdering everybody for a couple of days.... gets boring very quickly, but I never learn ;)

• Like 1

best game i have played for a while is ninja gaiden and UT 2004, both awesome imho

got thief 3 a while ago but wont run very slickly on my comp.

laters

• Like 1

The suffering and manhunt.

If you like yours games nice and brutal B)

got thief 3 a while ago but wont run very slickly on my comp

It wont run smooth on any comp mate,not even on the slickest 64bit systems with top graphics(like mine :yinyang: )

They messed it up.

Total disaster for what shoulda been a great game.

Edited by malawi monster