What Games Are You Playing At The Moment?

mickle

It's getting panned by gamers for the large quantity of suckage. lol  I read they even banned a custom mod which removed the pronoun option. 

@Boojum

Edited by Saddam

That's daft, but then again I think the big deal that some people made about the pronoun option in the first place is also fucking daft, as is making a custom mod to remove it lol People get their knickers (or y-fronts/boxer shorts/thongs/whatever lol ) in a twist over the strangest things :wacko:

Pronouns in gaming are a complete waste of time, I don't remember being called he, him, her, or she by an NPC in a single game, ever, and I've been gaming since the 70s. :lookaround:  But hey let's make sure we concentrate on giving gamers pronoun options instead of actually making a decent game. lol   

Edited to add - They don't even cater for my preferred pronouns.. it, that, cunt, and gamer. lol  

Edited to add #2 - 'Destroy him my robots'  is the only quote I can think of right now.

Impossible Mission on the Commodore 64

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 2

Another visitor. Stay a while. STAY FOREVER lol

What made me laugh about the Starfield pronoun debacle was all the people shouting that something was being 'forced on them' :headpain:

Giving people a choice is pretty much the exact opposite of forcing something on someone, you fucking dolts lol

• Like 3

It's a pretty pointless option though, I always play as a female avatar, not because of any pronoun agenda but because it annoys the fuck out of people when they think they're getting smashed by a girl.  lol 

• Like 7

Kicked back, got high and turned on the xbox this afternoon for the first time in ages, gamepass was suggesting cloud play Pressure Wash Simulator, so I played it, for 2.5 hours lol until the mrs came home and asked wtf I was playing and when I said it out loud we both agreed the less said the better lol

loaded up cod, seems I'm a battle pass behind and I didn't finish the previous so don't have sufficient cod quids to purchase the latest so freed up some storage :smug:

smoked a few pipes, switched to ride 4 in the hope it was easier than I remembered, crashed on the 1st corner as always so defaulted to GTA5 to make the most of their 10th anniversary of the game, spent the first 30 minutes getting griefed and spawn killed by a low level with a rocket bike until I remembered all the controls and retaliated and was promptly dumped into bad sport lobby for 12 months lol

Have since cancelled game pass, fucking  Pressure Wash Simulator lol and hope GTA6 lands sometime soon and that they have done away with the BSL or replaced it with a jail sim lol

• Like 6

The Lies of P on Gamepass.

Puppet Souls (or perhaps Clockworkborne, since asthetically it's closer to Bloodborne) lol

Which is fine by me. So far seems to be one of the better Soulsborne clones, looks nice, fluid gameplay. Being 1 star review bombed by Fortnite/Minecraft kids who need to git gud lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Boojum said:

The Lies of P

Like the look of this but currently been hammering remnant 2 so might have to play something a bit different in between 

2 minutes ago, SkullDuggery said:

Like the look of this but currently been hammering remnant 2 so might have to play something a bit different in between 

I'll be getting that when it's on sale (or, preferably, it will be on Gamepass at some point, though probably not for a few years), I liked the first one. The Lies of P is an absolute Soulsborne clone, but it's a nice looking one with decent atmosphere and smooth, fluid combat. Of the recent Gamepass games it's the one I can see myself playing the most (including the much-hyped Starfield, which so far I'm finding to be underwhelmingly meh lol ).

Other than The Lies of P I'm mostly playing grinding Warframe lol If you haven't tried that give it a go in between, it's free and totally different :)

• Like 1

Haven't played a single game of CoD WWII multiplayer this year but I'm still sitting comfortably in the top 500 :smug:  I just chill in the public headquarters and teach newer players how to make the jumps for the three gridiron balls. :) 

Still get either hero worshipped of hated though, some folks just hate on you because they suck and will never reach your level. lol    I just tell them to play 15k games with just knives if they want to goml. 

@Boojum I’ve downloaded Warframe previously but never actually given it a proper go. Must try it.

Remnant 2 is fantastic btw if you do get chance to play it 

• 3 weeks later...

MW3 open beta is live for PlayStation gamers. I'm quite enjoying it so far, mainly because they've brought back some classic maps. 

No knives or throwing knives has pissed me off though. 

• Like 1

The MW3 beta was fun but also fucking annoying, they capped the highest achievable rank at 20 but most of the gear I wanted unlocked at >20 meaning it was unobtainable. :soap:  I'm sure many other people like myself  put the grind in for covert sneakers and the ghost t/v camouflage only to find they couldn't get them.  :soap: 

Scavenger gloves allowed you to resupply ammo and throwing knives from dead players but they didn't include throwing knives in the beta. :soap: 

Demolition vest allowed you to resupply lethal (throwing knives) and tactical every 25 seconds and would have been right up my street if there had been throwing knives in the beta. :soap: 

No knife as a weapon either but you pulled one out of thin air if you performed an execution on someone. 

Idk, why have a load of stuff you can't even get in the beta? It's just pointless and annoying.

The Juggernaut was fun though, I was stomping around and spamming people with a ridiculous shotgun, they were getting so angry I had to mute the voip. lol

Not worth £70 or £100 though, I'll see how much they want for MW3 in the January sale. :D  

Edited by Saddam

• 1 month later...

Bought mw3 last night, not played it properly yet though as still not over food poisoning. I was surprised though it seemed to download instantly? I thought it would take hours like when I’ve usually installed a game? It’s either it was already downloaded and waiting or I’ve not downloaded it right? I’m talking the game was loaded in less than 10 minutes?

I played one game online and while it felt good to be on the old maps. It showed I haven’t played cod in years lol the frustration of being so shit will probably keep me playing it tbh. Gonna try get back to my old ways then jump on the search n destroy miss that game type.

• Like 1

Just now, stummer said:

the frustration of being so shit will probably keep me playing it tbh.

I know the struggle. Too many fucking buttons on controllers these days. It’s like trying to play saxophone. I only play WRC Generations. I manage about 25 minutes before I’m exhausted. I have to go for a brew n a smoke. But I’ll go back to it. The boys are always on them though so I don’t get a look in usually