What Games Are You Playing At The Moment?

mickle

Project Zomboid.

Love this game already, but only started playing yesterday so don't really know what I'm doing  - apart from dying a lot. Which is exactly what the tutorial promises, and offers an amusing lack of hope but encourages a cheerful acceptance of ones eventual doom.

I can see this eating into my Factorio time. And my face and brain tissue, of course.ambi

ETA.

Also, for some reason, really works with this kind of background music :mashed:

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
  • Like 1

Been blasting Helldiver's 2. Right up my street, it's basically starship troopers.

• Like 1

Started playing Diablo 4 on gamepass. Looks nice but gameplay-wise it's a step back from Diablo 3 (as Diablo 3 is now, not on release), no things like rampage kill bonuses, speed bonus for destroying things, environmental kills etc and the camera is zoomed in WAY too close, most of the time the enemies I'm killing are off screen (though I understand they're adding a more zoomed out camera in the next update).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Boojum said:

Started playing Diablo 4 on gamepass. Looks nice but gameplay-wise it's a step back from Diablo 3 (as Diablo 3 is now, not on release), no things like rampage kill bonuses, speed bonus for destroying things, environmental kills etc and the camera is zoomed in WAY too close, most of the time the enemies I'm killing are off screen (though I understand they're adding a more zoomed out camera in the next update).

Yeah I heard it was crap compared to the last one, I’ll still have a blast on it later I thinks 🫠

I'd guess that it's on game pass to try and get more players (so they can make money of the pay to win microtransaction shite, hope the cunt who first came up with the idea of microtransactions and 'battle pass' wankery burns in hell). If developers want more players they should make better games (and ditch the microtransaction shit) :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Still playing Diablo 4 just cos I'm stubborn and I'll finish the campaign now I've started, but after that I'll probably go back to Diablo 3 for my loot dungeon fix cos Diablo 4 just has too many flaws (especially as a necromancer, the threat/aggro system is totally broken, enemies ignore your summons and go straight for you unless it's a corridor and they can't actually physically get to you cos your minions are blocking it, even the golem taunt only works some of the time :rolleyes: and your minions ignore enemies attacking you which should be their main priority, just poor design and implementation). And you have to be online. Diablo 3 is just a better game in every respect other than the graphics.

Just been introduced to "1010"...addictive or what?

On 11/01/2024 at 08:26, bushdoc said:

Anyone remember highgrow the growing game? 

the weed version of a Tamagotchi 👍

I've still got Howards Smuggling game on a disk somewhere, I'll see if I can find it
No idea if it will still work thought, it was written in java over 20 years ago

• Like 3

Me and the mrs are back on Destiny 2 ATM, we had to go back when The Division 2 had so.e tech issues and we started getting back into the flow of Destiny again now.

We are kinda game fugees ATM while we wait for the next DLC for remnant 2. 

Everyone who plays looter shooters is in the same boat, nothing to take us from the normal ones for quite some time now.

We all had some hope for The day before becoming the next massive looter shooter, but erm...... no.

CoD MW3 Zombies 💀 I've been using the SOA Subverter battle rifle since unlocking the bastard in week 5 of this season, I've built it for high damage as opposed to handling or mobility and fitted it with the JAK Purifier (flamethrower) attachment. The thing's a fucking menace to all zombies, I can solo kill a mega abomination in about 5 seconds. lol   Burn baby burn. 

I think MW3 zombies counts as a looter shooter so maybe you should try that instead of playing the lackluster shite that is  Derpstiny 2 pew pew. @GreenVision

On 02/04/2024 at 08:13, GreenVision said:

Me and the mrs are back on Destiny 2 ATM, we had to go back when The Division 2 had so.e tech issues and we started getting back into the flow of Destiny again now.

We are kinda game fugees ATM while we wait for the next DLC for remnant 2. 

Everyone who plays looter shooters is in the same boat, nothing to take us from the normal ones for quite some time now.

We all had some hope for The day before becoming the next massive looter shooter, but erm...... no.

Have you tried Warframe ?

If not give it a go, it's free to play (and unlike the 'free' version of Destiny 2 that means all of it is free to play, no content is locked behind a paywall). It's grindy but grinding is kinda the point with looter shooters and (just a personal opinion) I enjoy it more than Destiny 2.

Warframe is 3rd person and it was/is free for a reason, there's no way it would sell in volume when put up against other 3rd person titles. The game felt dated in 2014, ugly character skins, clunkie movements, ridiculous spinning/jumping, repetitive environments and it's the game itself is very repetitive but not in a good way. 

I deleted it after about 10 hours. :D 

Each to their own and all that but sheeeeesh

It was just a suggestion since the person I was actually responding to mentioned they are into looter shooters and at a loss at the moment, it's worth a try since it's totally free (and given that it's still going and played by a LOT of people it can't be that bad). Like you say each to their own, I think the COD games are dogshit :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Picked up borderlands 3.The good its the usual silly shoot kill fest and it the surround sound fx are well done , the mouthpiece boss level especially so.But its majorly buggy,just finished a level and the character im supposed to talk to is frozen,only option reset and go through the level again.Also the loading times,the initial start up takes long enough make a coffee and drink most of it before i get to continue,which then leads to another wait for  the level i left off at to load.Same when using the "fast " travel,a good minute or 2  whilst it loads.O well at least it was cheap.