Grow Tents

elvie

got the budbox recently ;)

VEry Good

(no comparison, but im satisfied :() anyway i got he 1x1x1.8m one :( and was setting it up in an area not mcuhb bigger then that :yahoo:, so i manged to break two connectors lol

At first I thout i was screwed but i went on building and i must say, its holding up extraction fan HPS and its still standing nice and straight :D .

Small light leaks arond the zips but with flaps on you cant see them, lituraly the only light was coming from the intake at the back, but if you attach a fan then you get no light throguh there too :D

:)lol

Edited by Budo

• 3 weeks later...

First post on UK420....

I got a homebox 1x1x2m late last year. I've got to say it's sound; slightly chewy putting up, but no more than 20 mins. only light leakage is from the vent flaps at the side, but this is removed completely by duct taping them down. if you lift the flaps which cover the zips there is a bit of leakage but the flaps hide it ok. it's in the loft anyway so it doesn't really matter. I've got a 125mm extractor, and a recently fitted 100mm intake - extracting to the chimney. since the intake's been fitted there isn't even a hint of a smell when you get into the loft, although there is a bit of noise from all the fans (intake, extractor, circulation and a suspended fan heater for dark time).

I'm using cana coco and associated cana nutes, with a tank with pump and drippers on a timer. also have a seperate greenhouse tent for propoation and early veg to keep the cycle going.

I completed one grow and got 12 (bone dry) off 9 plants, which was ok, but i was hoping for more. I think 9 was a bit crowded, so I have gone for 6 this time, with 4 of the 6 being choped early on in veg so they grow into 2 or more main shoots.

I would like to know if anyone has any tips on the best way of growing with this set-up in terms of getting the most out of the space. it kind of seems like it's just too tall and not wide enough.

The first grow was ok, with a few problems with temp etc, but I can't help but feel it's just too crowded in there. Even with the 6 i have in now, it is total sea of green, and they seem far to close together, even though there's only 6.

would it be better to leave them grow normally and get 1 main cola plus a few side buds off each plant, or to do it like I'm doign this time with the chopping, which will hopefully encourage a few more kind of 'mini colas' and not much else?

any advice on the best way to optimise yield in this setting would be much appreciated...I'm only into the second grow with it; and have put it into 12/12 a few hours ago. any tips for getting the most out of flowering with the plants as they are now would be great; or alternatively how best to grow them in the next try...

• 2 weeks later...
does anyon have a big tent? like the 240 by 120 variety? just interested in it!

ive got a 2mx2mx2m, its bang on mate

I have a homebox xxl 2.4mx 1.2x2, its spot on B) I run 2x 600w cooltubes, temperatures have been a little low recently, but should be ideal for summer, i'll throw a couple of pics up shortly

Bloomin

• 1 month later...
Guest scarface
Hey Scarface

See in the second pic of the tent zipped up is the light still on inside?

Looks light-tight lol

Brad

Ps Have you got a link for the thread were you posted all the pics of your tent? I really want to have another look at it...thinking of getting one soon

yes mate the light was on then, i took the pic about 5mins before i posted it :guitar:

the other pics of this tent are in this thead, a page or 2 before :smoke:

Cheers for taking the pic Scar. Tents a beaut for sure and I like the diamond reflective stuff. :D

ta mate

Edited by Leprechan Sweet Leaf

Guest scarface
Hey Scarface

See in the second pic of the tent zipped up is the light still on inside?

Looks light-tight :wink:

Brad

Ps Have you got a link for the thread were you posted all the pics of your tent? I really want to have another look at it...thinking of getting one soon

yes mate the light was on then, i took the pic about 5mins before i posted it :D

the other pics of this tent are in this thead, a page or 2 before :rofl:

Sorry mate i dindt check thee previous pages....with all the "grow tent" threads its very confusing to find where a particular persons post is :)

lol i know what you mean, to get this one up you have to type (when searching for topic titles) 'tents' in the search but if you only type 'tent' its not even in the first page i dont think, and its the biggest grow tent thread on here :doh:

Edited by scarface

fucking hell mate...never thought i'd saty this but....for once, i am very tempted by getting one of these tents...they look well finished i do have to say (good corner detailing,light PROOF...)very nice,very nice.One question for ya tho scar...wel actually two...:wink:,do u reckon u could get somekind ov fabric paint or what ever would be apropriate because i was thinking of spraying them white or summat' as they would blend in a bit more me thinks for bedroom...dunno might just be me....and also...lastly,do u sleep in the same room u run the tent in?if so whats the noise like?...planning on doing a smimilar setup ,myself but lack of sleep (unless i camotose myself...:rofl:,dont need to ask how...hehe)but as i was saying...lack of sleep is putting me off somewhat...cheers for the pics and general info for propective tent buyers scar....ur a star mate..peace :wink: :yinyang:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest scarface
fucking hell mate...never thought i'd saty this but....for once, i am very tempted by getting one of these tents...they look well finished i do have to say (good corner detailing,light PROOF...)very nice,very nice.One question for ya tho scar...wel actually two...lol,do u reckon u could get somekind ov fabric paint or what ever would be apropriate because i was thinking of spraying them white or summat' as they would blend in a bit more me thinks for bedroom...dunno might just be me....and also...lastly,do u sleep in the same room u run the tent in?if so whats the noise like?...planning on doing a smimilar setup ,myself but lack of sleep (unless i camotose myself...lol,dont need to ask how...hehe)but as i was saying...lack of sleep is putting me off somewhat...cheers for the pics and general info for propective tent buyers scar....ur a star mate..peace :headpain: :wink:

hi mate sorry i forgot about this :doh:

tbh i wouldnt spray one with anything mate, also i do sleep in the same room but i have a fan controller so i dont hear it at nightime

hope that helps :headpain:

• 4 weeks later...

Got a dr 120 yesterday after seeing one set up in my local grow shop and was very impressed, just built the frame up but you think i can find the right way to put the sheeting material on?.... man im slow