Grow Tents

elvie

I just boght a homebox 1mx1mx2m version. Read through all the threads and checked upteen reviews before deciding on the Homebox.

Putting it up was simple enough and the build quality is very good. There are pin prick light leaks round the intake stitching and in a few other spots but a bit of minor modding will quickly fix that. The homebox poles are metal..painted white to stop rusting etc, mny people think they are plastic poles but they aint.

All in all, i think it ws a good purchase..its huge and hopefully will serve me well, my 400 watt cooltube just arrived so i will be setting it up soon and transferring the little uns into their new home.

I've mentioned this lots of times before in grow threads, but it is worth getting across again.

The Bud Box is fucking shit. :yahoo:

My spare room is glowing Orange right now cos I can't get the last corner over the frame. It took me hours when I first put it together, I'll have another go over the weekend, I'll get there in the end.

:evil: I think my BudBox doors were made in different countries, one has lots of pin prick holes. :rofl:

The Green Room is personally my favourite tent, closely followed by the HomeBox. The Homebox has the advantage of a sturdier frame and passive inputs so you only need one fan.

Guest Lazlo Woodbine
After reading this thread, i'm more confused than I was to start with :ninja:

Can anyone tell me what make tent to go for?

Well .... after using a Budbox for about a week ..... it's fecking brilliant!!! ...... light leaks there isn't .... lol

I've had to cut 5cms off the height too - and it's still excellent....

Maybe the build quality has improved since you bought yours CF ... :ninja:

using a 600w with FAS boxed fan as extraction and rvk 125 as intake - average temp 25deg. .... :rofl:

Laz

Edited by Lazlo Woodbine

Guest Lazlo Woodbine
The plot thickens... :rofl:

Well..... I was rather forced to go for the Budbox as they do the only model that isn't 2.0m tall. ... But thus far I am very happy - yes you can see a few pin pricks of light at the fastenings - but its really not going to cause any problems.

As I reduced the height by 5cms. - It made getting the cover on very easy - without leaving too much excess material as I had feared it might!

The zips are sturdy and the stiching appears fine .... :rofl:

I also went for a 1.0m high version to serve as my vegging room .... B)

Laz

i have a homebox i was given by a friend as he had a new grow room

its alright, but the stitching is coming apart on the corners and 2 of the zips have fell off completley now.

where as my mini bud box is the dogs dangelies, no light leaks what so ever and a lot easier to construct than the homebox

T1

Guest Eazy-Duz-It
i have a homebox i was given by a friend as he had a new grow room

its alright, but the stitching is coming apart on the corners and 2 of the zips have fell off completley now.

where as my mini bud box is the dogs dangelies, no light leaks what so ever and a lot easier to construct than the homebox

T1

Is that the Budbox XS T1? Its 75cmx75cmx100cm and has "Budbox" labelled on the rubber zip and sturdy green zipping?I just got one from Greens for clones and early veg and am quite impressed with it.

I had a Homebox with this feeble grey zipping a few years ago and found that after taking it down and puting it back up,the zips at the bottom weakened and soon came off altogether.It was good for a couple of grows until the main door zip holding the doors shut gave. ;)

thats the one eazy ;)

the only problem i had with it was when i was zipping it up the first time one of the plastic budbox zip covers came off in my hand, zip still works fine all it needs is a bit of glue to hold it in place.

and yes its the same zips on my homebox that have came off too, the lower left one and the front door up left one.

its gaffa taped up :)

T1

thats where my homebox went too. put it up inside 1st to test it then put it up in the garage

& the bottom left side zip split, had to resort to using gaffa to keep it together.

unfortunatly i got it from flea bay & it lay about for 6 months before i discovered the cheapo zips

my own fault for buying there in the 1st place :yinyang:

Whys the greenroom your favourite, mate?

The Green Room has 2 side windows for easy access to rub your cheeks against the buds and smell the loveliness.

Plus, the way the frame goes together is the business, it literally puts itself together. The bars are all joined together with a metal elastic spring things, and the frame snaps into place automatically. It is easy to get the tent over the top by comparison to the BudBox.

The HomeBox XS was easily put together, but the frame required some brainpower unlike the Green Room.

The Green Room tent was plenty sturdy enough for me, I had quite a heavy suprnova air cooled light in there.

None of the tents are rock solid or completely light proof.

You can see the Green Room glowing at the bottom of the tent and the BudBox has the passive inputs there which can let in light, but this is at the bottom of the tent so with an irrigation system & pots it doesn't make any difference.

It is a pain to get the 6" ducting out of the exhaust vent, I dunno whether they've made it any bigger.

The HomeBox just seems of superior build quality to the BudBox imo, they are very similar apart from that, but like I said, the Green Room is my favourite, but the HomeBox is very nice.

I'm gonna take all my plants out of my tent this weekend and see if I can get the last corner of the tent cover over the bud box frame. Hopefully it doesn't frustrate me too much.

Edited by ChrystalFarmer