Grow Tents

elvie

personaly mate ive checked the shop in the top of the page and they are only £99 with them, ive had nothing but goood service from them so far :yinyang:

hi mate after a bit of research i have found out that greens shop above also are an ebay store.just thought i would put this in,

i have already ordered my budbox from them through the link at the top of this page,only to realise that they sell on ebay aswel.now not sure if that it been a safe bet.

ive got the 1x1x2 homebox, run a 5" extractor/filter & a 400w hid, passive intakes.

its got a good sturdy frame, thick black & white covering, good self vent flaps, shite zips !

gallery_9052_491_140233.jpg

wee tip if your putting it together, if you can, put it together laying on its back, the covers easier to slip on.

many thanks for the reassurances about greens.many thanks you lot.could someone please tell me the name of the light that you just change the bulb from metal halide to high powered sodium ive read bout it on here somewhere but cant find it anymore.many thanks

just quick word bout this thread.my god it is large ang=d getting larger by the day.thank you all.looking forward to many more informative and long threads in the future

Guest Lazlo Woodbine

Expecting delivery of my Budbox(s) ....tomorrow..... B)

Top service from Greens' .... free postage too - when you spend over 200 squid .... :ninja:

Laz

Whats the thing stuck on the end of the Carbon filter?

its a magnetic thermostat, best place to put it, the probes hanging down to canopy height.

Edited by arai

Whats the thing stuck on the end of the Carbon filter?

its a magnetic thermostat, best place to put it, the probes hanging down to canopy height.

Did you put mylar all the way round ? im using the same tent and tbh thought the mylar would only help increase hotspots etc in the tent , also don't you ind the inlet/outlet holes a bloody tight squeeze even with 5" fans and 127mm acoustic ducting ? i cant believe how hard it is to pull the ducting through the hole at the top or the right hand side.

One major pain in the and with these home boxes is there is no velcro on the flaps at the side so there not toally light proof unless you tape em down and also there is no where for you to run your cables out of apart from one of the holes which your inlet or outlet goes cant work that one out.

i extended the cables for my fans & waterpump & ran the cables out the extract hood.

think the new homebox has an additional cable hole 12" of the floor.

post-9052-1200422967_thumb.jpg

forgot to add:

hadnt really thought much of the mylar creating hotspots ! no wonder the 600w i had was hitting the mid 90's,

switched over to a 400w cheapo lowbay until i get organised & get a decent 400 didital light.

i ran the mylar all the way up as i had ordered more than i really needed, fud, we all live & learn, lol

i know what you mean about the light leakage around the zip, i added a strip of black & white folded over & held on with velcro tabs.

forgot to add:

hadnt really thought much of the mylar creating hotspots ! no wonder the 600w i had was hitting the mid 90's,

switched over to a 400w cheapo lowbay until i get organised & get a decent 400 didital light.

i ran the mylar all the way up as i had ordered more than i really needed, fud, we all live & learn, :yinyang:

i know what you mean about the light leakage around the zip, i added a strip of black & white folded over & held on with velcro tabs.

How many holes in your tent i got 1 back 1 top and one right hand side of the tent , also my carbon holder is two thick pieces of pipe not the same as yours so dunno if this is a new one or an old version.

3 air vents at the bottom, left side, back, right side.

1 tunnel vent on the roof.

any chance of a pic of your filter ?

what about your fan, is it inside the tent or outside it ?

Hey, i'm a bit late jumping onto this topic but here's my 2p. lol

I have a Budbox medium 75x75x200..new style..and the quality is poor. Its been in use for around 6 weeks and the main issue is with the sewing. The main zip is already losing its thread at the top of the box, the velco catches dont even line up with the cover flap at the front, and as i've seen mentioned on this thread before, tiny light holes litter the sewing surrounding all velco catches. I also find the intake vent at the bottom protudes far too deeply into the tent space reducing floor space for plants...although the larger sizes may be better for this. I also find there are some random bits of velco sewn onto the outside with no apparent function. lol . I found myself buying some additional velco to improve on the standard fittings.

The tent is quite rigid, although I dont have a particulary advanced (or heavy) setup. 3 x envirolites, two 6" fans clipped to side poles for circulation, then two 12v 8" studio fans for air in and out. I find the tent can get quite hot and humid, so its essential to get the correct level of ventilation.

Despite the above reservations, I do think these tents in general are a good quick an easy solution for growing. By the sounds of it none of the makes are perfect....

picture is of my BudBox

post-28292-1200830482_thumb.jpg