Grow Tents

elvie

hi there.i am new here and have picked up a lot of handy information.but the problem i have is i am wanting to know if anybody out there could tell me if the grow tents i see on sites are any good for growing?i am not very good at d.i.y and think this would be my best bet to get started.i think that i would be as costly buying a grow tent as would be with a making one.also are these grow tents durable to hold light and fans?i guess i am looking for reassurance or horror stories.thanks for taking the time to read.any help would be appreciated

• Like 5

hi elvie, welcome to the site. in answer to your questions - click me :spliff:

if your new to the whole game the best advice i could give you would be to read carefully and think throughly before taking actions. asking questions is great and many have been asked before. this is why the search tool is your new best buddy. ask it anything :mashed:

my own 2p would be start enjoying building. my biggest regret with my grow is getting a tent, but they do a job...

all the best with it

:wink:

• Like 3

Guest scarface

i definatly wouldnt mind knowing who makes the best ones, as ive got to buy one for when i move house and dont wanna end up with a shit one :smoke:

Edited by scarface

Guest scarface
in my opinion the new bud box range are the best probably followed by darkroom then homebox! just my 2p worth

cheers smokie, :smoke:

Edited by scarface

no prob's. if you go for budbox make sure its the new design. good quality! otherwise go for darkroom. only go for homebox if its cheap enough. similar to bb but quality is better on new range of bb

Guest GeorgeOfJungle

Ive just bougt and put togther a DR60 , its only the small one but I guess it would be a good indicator of quality of the bigger ones , IMO its perfect . Its complety lightproor and the material is really thick , all the poles are metal aswell

• Like 1

Ive just bougt and put togther a DR60 , its only the small one but I guess it would be a good indicator of quality of the bigger ones , IMO its perfect . Its complety lightproor and the material is really thick , all the poles are metal aswell

would you suggest the one with mylar inside?

Guest GeorgeOfJungle

Not sure about mylar ones , heres some piccies of the one I got , its sort of dimpled silver reflective stuff lol The bottom has a removeable insert and 4 large passive intakes which can be rolled up or down to suit (velcro - obviously these passive intakes arent light proof if you roll them up), there is also 2 sock type vents for a inlet fan if you want active intake - these are draw string closures which seal in the light quite well. There is a cable inlet at the top (again drawstring) and an exhaust vent (again drawstring) dimensions of the DR60 are 60x60x142 , it is abit on the small side (footprint) but I only use mine for bringing my clones on befor flowering em. Getting the cover over the framework is a bit on the tight side but can be done without damging anything lol

Incidently , its the only one I own or have owned so cant comment on how it compares to others , but im well happy with it :)

post-20448-1199371327_thumb.jpg post-20448-1199371342_thumb.jpg post-20448-1199371354_thumb.jpg post-20448-1199371369_thumb.jpg

note:- after looking on greens they appear to make a cheaper one aswell , personally The DR range look much better than the DRS range thankfully i didnt know of the DRS when I got my DR :ouch:

Edited by GeorgeOfJungle

Not sure about mylar ones , heres some piccies of the one I got , its sort of dimpled silver reflective stuff :) The bottom has a removeable insert and 4 large passive intakes which can be rolled up or down to suit (velcro - obviously these passive intakes arent light proof if you roll them up), there is also 2 sock type vents for a inlet fan if you want active intake - these are draw string closures which seal in the light quite well. There is a cable inlet at the top (again drawstring) and an exhaust vent (again drawstring) dimensions of the DR60 are 60x60x142 , it is abit on the small side (footprint) but I only use mine for bringing my clones on befor flowering em. Getting the cover over the framework is a bit on the tight side but can be done without damging anything :)

Incidently , its the only one I own or have owned so cant comment on how it compares to others , but im well happy with it :)

post-20448-1199371327_thumb.jpg post-20448-1199371342_thumb.jpg post-20448-1199371354_thumb.jpg post-20448-1199371369_thumb.jpg

note:- after looking on greens they appear to make a cheaper one aswell , personally The DR range look much better than the DRS range thankfully i didnt know of the DRS when I got my DR lol

i have saw this 1 and was thinking of purchasing it post-28280-1199421391_thumb.jpg do you think this would be ideal? shall be using 600w hps also mh.it would be better if the sites gave better details and things.let me know what you think

post-28280-1199421551_thumb.jpg

just find out if its one of the new design and they are using an old picture! the new design is slightly different to one shown

Just had one of there new one's here and sent it back think the home box is still better build quality but i guess time will tell , has taken bud box a long time to come to the same quality of these home boxes i guess there due for a new overhaul as well.

Only thing i liked with the bud box etc was all the little attachments you could have for it , but then home box is German engineered and made bud box is made in china ain't it ?

• Like 1

Homebox is also made in china, thats what it says on the label, though they are a german firm.

from the different tent brands ive seen i get the impression there all made in the same place.

having had both still stick with new budbox better than homebox. still have a new homebox 1.2 thats never been used. will still use it if i ever get space but if i was buying now it would be budbox! only good homebox i think is the clonebox! but each to there own. and yes there all made in china. but zips etc are slightly better on bb

Guest GeorgeOfJungle

Not sure about mylar ones , heres some piccies of the one I got , its sort of dimpled silver reflective stuff :wink: The bottom has a removeable insert and 4 large passive intakes which can be rolled up or down to suit (velcro - obviously these passive intakes arent light proof if you roll them up), there is also 2 sock type vents for a inlet fan if you want active intake - these are draw string closures which seal in the light quite well. There is a cable inlet at the top (again drawstring) and an exhaust vent (again drawstring) dimensions of the DR60 are 60x60x142 , it is abit on the small side (footprint) but I only use mine for bringing my clones on befor flowering em. Getting the cover over the framework is a bit on the tight side but can be done without damging anything :wink:

Incidently , its the only one I own or have owned so cant comment on how it compares to others , but im well happy with it :yep:

note:- after looking on greens they appear to make a cheaper one aswell , personally The DR range look much better than the DRS range thankfully i didnt know of the DRS when I got my DR :smug:

i have saw this 1 and was thinking of purchasing it post-28280-1199421391_thumb.jpg do you think this would be ideal? shall be using 600w hps also mh.it would be better if the sites gave better details and things.let me know what you think

Cant really comment on the other brands tbh , just putting over my opinion of the Darkrooms , from just looking at piccies on the net you cant tell a thing (quality wise) , you really need to get to a grow shop that has some setup and have a good grope of it ;) , the shop I got mine from had no problem with me grabbing his tents and giving em a shake and stuff to see how well they went together, But he only had darkrooms out on display.