Grow Tents

elvie

Well you get 1 year guarantee so hopefully if any problems manifest then you can send/take it back and get another or a different make.

Strange that a bud box costs less than a home box but its better quality but then sometimes maybe price don't = quality.

And at 100 quid for 1mtr/1mtr/2mtr tent its not the end of the world if it does fall to pieces in 1 year's time.

i also have the darkroom tent, its the 1mx1mx1.8m i have a 4" carbon filter and fan, 400w hps lamp and it has been the best investment ive made so far.

the temps are pretty much spot on, ive added a greenhouse heater at the moment because outside temps are really low.

it has good reflection from the walls but it isnt mylar,

the vents and windows are good with zip ties but aren't 100% light proof

the zips are heavy duty and will last a while but again not 100% light proof, im sure light cannnot get into the tent but tiny specks gleam out.

ive got 4 dutch passion skunk#11 LST'd like a mofo, theyre 5 weeks into flowering now.

the tent has provided me with a perfect and controlable enviroment to grow in, it took me 2 attempts to build it but thats what happens when you light a doob before you start!! it went together pretty well, i just didn't unzip it enough which would have helped a lot!

ive spent about £300 on everything i needed inc, soil, nutes, seeds,hps,fan,tent,filter,timers,relays,ph stick etc etc....

but im going to easily grow that value, (i usually buy that much in a couple of months) which kinda pays itself off, and then its just free buds, only price is your electricity.

im that impressed ive just ordered the darkroom dr60 to use as a mum/clone room so i can become entirley self sufficent.

i haven;t seen any other tent but i am impressed by the darkroom range.

i will be posting pics of the girls soon!

• Like 2

Guest scarface

this could be a very handy thread :)

could the folks with growtents please post us a few pics of the stitchings and zips, fastenings, structure poles etc etc, so we can get an idea of the differences between the different makes, i know that would help me decide with abit more of an idea of what im getting :nuke:

many thanks in advance :smoke:

Edited by scarface

Guest GeorgeOfJungle
this could be a very handy thread :innocent:

could the folks with growtents please post us a few pics of the stitchings and zips, fastenings, structure poles etc etc, so we can get an idea of the differences between the different makes, i know that would help me decide with abit more of an idea of what im getting :rofl:

many thanks in advance :rofl:

Ill et me camera out tomorrow :)

this have been very informative.when i posted the question i never thought for 1 minute that i would have had such response,thanks,and look forward to your pictures

• Like 1

Ive just bought and put together a DR60 , its only the small one but I guess it would be a good indicator of quality of the bigger ones , IMO its perfect . Its completely lightproof and the material is really thick , all the poles are metal aswell

would you suggest the one with Mylar inside?

Not sure about Mylar ones , here's some pictures of the one I got , its sort of dimpled silver reflective stuff :) The bottom has a removable insert and 4 large passive intakes which can be rolled up or down to suit (Velcro - obviously these passive intakes are light proof if you roll them up), there is also 2 sock type vents for a inlet fan if you want active intake - these are draw string closures which seal in the light quite well. There is a cable inlet at the top (again drawstring) and an exhaust vent (again drawstring) dimensions of the DR60 are 60x60x142 , it is abit on the small side (footprint) but I only use mine for bringing my clones on before flowering em. Getting the cover over the framework is a bit on the tight side but can be done without damaging anything :)

Incidentally , its the only one I own or have owned so cant comment on how it compares to others , but im well happy with it :)

post-20448-1199371327_thumb.jpg post-20448-1199371342_thumb.jpg post-20448-1199371354_thumb.jpg post-20448-1199371369_thumb.jpg

note:- after looking on greens they appear to make a cheaper one as well , personally The DR range look much better than the DRS range thankfully i didnt know of the DRS when I got my DR lol

i have saw this 1 and was thinking of purchasing it post-28280-1199421391_thumb.jpg do you think this would be ideal? shall be using 600w hps also mh.it would be better if the sites gave better details and things.let me know what you think

you need a air cooled shade wight Mylar is rubbish all my plants got sick silver is better

buy tents ok but don't over crowd it if you have any prob its hard to get to them :)

"wight Mylar is rubbish all my plants got sick silver is better"

Er yeah the next time i look for mylar which btw is silver and not white unless its reflectagrow in which case its white backed with a mylar silver cover as for your plants being sick ill put that down to the person growing it as white or silver wont kill them just one will reflect light a little more.

this is my darkroom dr80, its running 400whps 4"fan and filter, its 26-28 degrees 35-45% RH lights on and 18-22 degrees 55% RH lights off, it has 4 6" drawsring vents and 2 windows, the zips are pretty tough and it has flaps to cover the zips, but this still doesn't make it 100% light proof, but the leakage is so minute i dont worry at all. it is very airtight too, im running negative pressure which keeps the smells to a zero, be warned once you open it up it stinks your house out!

im running some dutch passion skunk #11 fem as a test grow before i chuck in my mandala beans.

4 weeks flower

1st week flower

descrite looks with very low leakage,

good silver reflectivity(sp?) nice support bars can take a 33lb load apparently.

heavy duty zips keep everything in!

over all very happy with this tent, ive got a dr60 on the way to use as a mum/clone room too.

will post some more pics if peeps want once my lights come on?

bhuda-master

Guest scarface

bump

cheers bhuda-master for the pics, much appreciated ;)

could the other folks with growtents please (whenever possible) post us a few pics of the stitchings and zips, fastenings, structure poles etc etc, so we can get an idea of the differences between the different makes, i know that would help me decide with abit more of an idea of what im getting, as i need to buy mine soon

:wink:

many thanks in advance

as i just put on another thread, the homebox zips are shit!!

2 of mine have burst off, so i'm getting some velcro to fix it untill i can afford a new one or build myself a new room which would be cheaper!!

however i have got a mini bud box and the zips on that are the dogs dangelies!!

T1

More,more,more.....

Excellent thread,please keep the pics coming.

Have decided that a growtent is the way to go.

Please,keep posting,the more info the better! :guitar:

Budmum.

the other thing i am wondering is that would a 600w hps light be enough for this tent.as think i shall be going for this one.it measures 1.2x1.2x2m

post-28280-1199822132_thumb.jpg

How much is that going to cost? A few threads down you could see the one I built with nothing more than a hand saw and a cordless drill and cost about $100 CDN.

How much is that going to cost? A few threads down you could see the one I built with nothing more than a hand saw and a cordless drill and cost about $100 CDN.

hi mate the price of the above budbox xl is £100 on ebay.if going get from there get it sent to somewhere other than the grow location.

i have also saw it on various other sites a bit more expensive.