Grow Tents

elvie

I'm using a DR100 darkroom..

They are alright and do what you want.. I found my darkroom does have a few leaks though, especially round the zip area.. Another point to note, is a couple of weak parts.. like the plastic corner pieces... Busted one putting it down.. Green's were sound though and replaced it... When I spoke to the Green's girl on the phone, she did not sound suprised at all, so it must be a fairly common problem..

Also the main door zip IMO is shit.. broke one of those on just a normal zip up.. so now the double is now a single and quite a pain in the arse when you want to go in there...

Edited by Halfatree

Hi, I have just set myself up with a budbox they have really beefed up the spec! The canvas is quality and they have made the roof supports easier to assemble they have also beef up the plastic corner pieces I think that has been a common problem. There are a couple pin prick holes to the stitching but otherwise its light tight.

Hi Nettle grower. Got a BudBox myself and have to say im well happy with it. Been inside it once constructed and was pitch black. Takes a little longer than the 10-15 mins they reckon it takes to put it up tho :unsure:

I got the DRS-60 as a veg chamber and its a nice little bit of kit. Absolute piece of cake to put up, no more than 5 mins i would say. Its light and frames are light also, but apparently the "street" is the inferior version of the DR proper so perhaps thats why.

hope this helps

inf

Thanks a lot guys - appreciate it. Cheers for pointing out the pinned thread too Idle Hands - for some reason I always seem to miss those. :rofl::badass:

Cheers folks! :unsure:

:wub: damn the budbox is like a bloody miracle :rofl:

I am on my third grow in it, so that means ive had it for more then half a year, and all the time its been in a leaking shed in the middle of my garden :D, At times i have had a huge dip in the roof of the budbox where it is holding up litres of water, but not letting any in not even through the stiching :D bloody amazed me (then i pressed the buldge to make everyhting run of the side, sadly it ran into the extract opening, (my fan had foil pipe thing attached to it so it didnt go into the fan, just the tent) flooded my plants 5cm high, ;) and hte heater fan :rofl:

but once i scooped it all out it was all good again, also my humidity is good no buds have rotten yet, but thats probabaly due to the fan heater, and it has a lot of weight leaning agaisnt it on one side, its liturally diagonal now leaning at least at a 100 degrees . (as oposed to 90degree right angle) but all the tubes are still holding on, seriosuly as you can tell from the essay ive written, i have probabaly never been so satisfied as a consumer :puke: :wink:

I dont have a growtent anymore but I can tell you well worth it. Just cover the inside with high reflection mylar and you will get mega buds! :spliff:

My 2p worth

Ive recently just started growing again and purchased a Budbox Large - 100cm x 100cm x 180cm.

Its sorted, the stitches vent a bit of light but thats only from inside out with a HPS lamp inside.

Theres plenty of room, reflective coating, self contained....

Get ur sel to Greens (£90), there th cheapest on the net by upto £50, trust me I checked!

post-34031-1219438200_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Product Report: Secret Jardin 120 x 120 x 2m.

Noticed loads of people raving about tents when they are on 1st grow with them so I decided to give a report about a mine after doing 3 grows in it.

Fitted together fine and put it up in about 30 mins on my own.

Few light leaks (bit of duct tape sorted it).

Halfway through grow 3 main zip broke! I fixed it well enough to close it but it is going in bin as soon as harvest is dry.

Would never buy one again (I only did as it was part of a grow package on Fleebay and advertised as a homebox -lying bastards!).

Need a new one and would be interested if anyone can report on quality of other makes after they have had them for a while.

Weeds

Hi everyone, here is my 2p worth,

I have had 2 grow tents one a very cheap one when i first started, which helped me learn all about bud rot (my own fault no fans)

and a second one i just bought a Bud Box 120m X 120m (well 3 months ago)

at first well impressed but after some time and use the main zip at the front has broken and the stitching is coming apart slowly, apart from that use the right equ and you whould be well rewarded.

even better try the loft thats my next brain wave! any advice any 1?

• 2 weeks later...

Dark room grow tents, Budbox grow tents.

There seems to be quite a bit of difference in price, anyone have any idea why and what are the differences ?

Cheers :sadwalk:

Edited by Bish

I've got a DR80 and it's fantastic.

Temps are a bit low though, any idea's on heating it up?

I've looked at heaters but i can't seem to find one small enough, anyone in a similar situation find a heater thats small and fits in a tent?

I've looked at heaters but i can't seem to find one small enough, anyone in a similar situation find a heater thats small and fits in a tent?

Oil filled rad is my choice (because I already have one!) if I buy heating again for my tent (which is in outbuilding) would maybe go with a tube heater (very cheap on the most popular builders merchants that deliver ...2nd clue something "fix")...

Hope this helps dude.

Weeds

If you take a look at the last couple of pages of my diary (in my sig) you should be able to see in the pics how i do it, 4 small Argos tube heaters, places between the pots. Works very well for me, they are all on thermometer type things that plug into electrical sockets, bought from B&Q.

DR is great. Personally I would not heat inside the tent but at the inlets or the room it's in. Not something for a shed with passive intake.

If you have an active intake you can create a "hotbox" to pre-heat the air but you really need to know what you are doing! Temperature safeties need to be in place and you can't use just any heating system. There are special heatings for active intakes btw, which you install in your ducting behind your fan and before the room.

Well mate do you know where I can get something to heat the air before it gets into the tent I have tried an oil filled rad and found it too big, I'm using a tube heater at the moment. I have been thinking of a way to try and heat the air before it gets into the tent like a MDF box with an rad in it and on out side have the cold intake air entering at the bottom and on opposite side the warmed air exiting from the top. I thrown something together in paint to show what I was thinking.

Intake_heater.bmp

whazzup do you know of something that can be purchased to do the job ?