Grow Tents

elvie

the other thing i am wondering is that would a 600w hps light be enough for this tent.as think i shall be going for this one.it measures 1.2x1.2x2m

thanks mate.great help.appreciated

hi all.now i know what my set up is going to be.could some one please help with what fans and filter would work well under the 600w light in the above space?and any ideas on what would be a good begginners seed to buy.theres just so many to choose from.any help be appreciated in full.you guys have been great,cheers

if the tents inside then 6"extract and 5"intake if the tents like outside in a shed or gargae then5"extract and 4"intake :( try nirvana or mandala seeds fifteen quid a packet and your bound to get some smokes

yes set up be indoors.dont trust my area that much to put outdoors.where is best place to get the fans from an cheapest? have had a look at the seedbanks and still theres a lot to choose from.any ideas what would be easiest to grow for beginner and hopefully get good yeild from.thanks again

hi all.now i know what my set up is going to be.could some one please help with what fans and filter would work well under the 600w light in the above space?

personally would go with 150mm intake and 200mm outtake simply because in the summer you may need it, bit of an overkill for me at present and keeps temps fine, using same space and same light in a tent that size.

Come summer better to have overkill and keep the fans running low than have then not powerful enough to cool the tent come summer, also if you are flush pick up a primair controller or some form of fan controller save having them on max perminatly, will save money and will be not as loud this way. Most of the time RVK's on 20% of the maximum output is sufficiant for any grow in winter from what iv found.

One thing of interest, some 200mm extraction fans, ducting wise will not fit in the normal tent holes, well mine didn't had to make a slit in the extraction slot on tent, check that before anything unless you don't mind making a slit in the tent so it fits.

Im not sure have never grown in summer but two x 150mm assuming you have controller would be ok, as you could set the intake and extraction on fan controller to have more extraction that intake, come summer you could use more of the intake and extraction have two fairly powerful fans but not over kill like the 200mm in that space. It would also fit the tent no problem assuming you don't have a tent with 200mm extraction ducting holes, most are for 150mm extraction max without cutting the tent material.

An Rvk 200mm in that space sucks the tent right in on full power and damages the seems of the tent slightly, have lots of little holes showing around the zips. When I first built the tent it blew the tent up like a ballon as i had extraction plugged into intake, wrong way round and gee wiz what a site, richard branson hot air balloning, eat ya heart out :spliff:.

Would not get two x 150mm unless you are using a fan controller as air distribution will be even which is no good.

Just something to consider.

Edited by potsmoker93

great pics mate.i have emailed the seller to find out bout the budbox being the new design or the one pictured as dont think like the sound of the old one and would prefer the new one.do i need to obtain a different light for the siids after i have germinated them or can i use my 600w up hogher in the budbow with them planted in a propogator?

personally, i would have very strong reservations about purchasing any tent from e-bay.

better off, imo, with a proper shop. this way you can check it before you buy, or at least reliably return it if its guff...

:yahoo:

personally, i would have very strong reservations about purchasing any tent from e-bay.

better off, imo, with a proper shop. this way you can check it before you buy, or at least reliably return it if its guff...

:headpain:

it is an ebay shop mate.that has very good feedback.and it be getting bought from a very different home and pc for bit of added security.

personaly mate ive checked the shop in the top of the page and they are only £99 with them, ive had nothing but goood service from them so far :headpain:

have taken onboard the statements about ebay.shall be ordering it from greens,thanks again for help

:yinyang:

hi tsk.do you think it would be cool to buy my light from ebay? or is is far to dodgy.would be getting mate to purchase it aswel as get it sent to his house.any help with this would be helpful

hi all,just an update on my purchase of the budbox xl from greens instead of ebay,had taken into account the information recieved on here regarding the integrity of ebay and decided to body swerve it.still not sure as to buying my light from there.it shall be not to the grow address so am not sure if that is a safe option or not.dont want to end up :wink:

I have a 1.2 x 1.2 tent, at the moment have 1000 watt in there in cooltubes (600+40), cooled by a fan running at about 200 m3, and a 350m3 extraction fan with filter, running at about 40%. I have a passive intake (flaps on the sides opened). You can do great thing with tents in the winter :wink:.

Wheres the tent whazzup? cant see nothin growing.

hi elvie

you can try buying your light off e-bay if you want, but e-bay, in my humble paranoid opinion, is just too much of a risk for anything grow related. you dont know who your buying from, what there motives or what they may do with the information. even if your mate buys it for you, nothing to say the seller is totally depnedable, if its a dud you gotta hope they replace it and hope they do it quickly etc etc - and all that risk for a possible saving of what usually turns out to be a few quid.

i personally buy as much as i can in cash from the local grow shop. it ends up costing me a few quid more, it takes up a large ammount of time, requires several train and bus and bike rides and no small amount of sweat (soils gotta come from somewhere :rofl: )

but for all this i earn peace of mind that goes a long way in this hobby of ours. i have the goods in my hands before i buy them and i have a rapport with the person who sold me them. i know they are trust worthy and their discretion is good for business. this goes for most grow shops, but its not assured its the same for e-bay sellers.

i do use mail order for seeds and small goods, but i use places that are obviously sound (i.e - they have a physical shop front somewhere and a telephone number) and have had no difficulty with any of them at all to date. if i was on uk main land id be using the greens shop sweat free. adn like wasabi says, if you bought lights at same time youd save on postage.

ramble ramble blah blah blah. sorry elvie. ive never used e-bay and for all i know it might be sound, im just not into gambling. :cheers:

lol

• Like 1

this is my darkroom dr80, its running 400whps 4"fan and filter, its 26-28 degrees 35-45% RH lights on and 18-22 degrees 55% RH lights off, it has 4 6" drawsring vents and 2 windows, the zips are pretty tough and it has flaps to cover the zips, but this still doesn't make it 100% light proof, but the leakage is so minute i dont worry at all. it is very airtight too, im running negative pressure which keeps the smells to a zero, be warned once you open it up it stinks your house out!

im running some dutch passion skunk #11 fem as a test grow before i chuck in my mandala beans.

4 weeks flower

1st week flower

descrite looks with very low leakage,

good silver reflectivity(sp?) nice support bars can take a 33lb load apparently.

heavy duty zips keep everything in!

over all very happy with this tent, ive got a dr60 on the way to use as a mum/clone room too.

will post some more pics if peeps want once my lights come on?

bhuda-master

Hi there,

I'm about to buy myself a growntent set up, I was planning to use rockwool, however the set-up in the pics above looks very interesting! Could someone please explain (or give me a link to a thread) the grow method to me, it looks like a bucket full of plants which would be great!

Cheers, and great thread!