Grow Tents

elvie

quick question

are budboxes...free standing?

as in they dont need any support?

As far as i can tell budboxs are freestanding ..

cheers

id like to add something to this thread that backs up what a few others have said before.

The budbox is the biggest pile of shit ever. Where to begin. I had serious problems connecting it up as the material didnt really fit the poles and as a result one of the plastic connection thingys shattered. Next, the material from what i can make out has fuck all refectivity, when compared to the dark room or mylar. Also this bullshit about the zips being good is bollix. One of the zips on the front of my tent literally snapped off so now i have stuff a bunch of clothes over the zip before the lights go out. Then theres the intake vent at the bottom. For some reason some spa decided to fit a ten inch flap of material extending to within the grow tent which serverly cuts down on floor space. So basically when you buy one your not actually saving money cos after your first grow and you realize its shit your going to have to spend all the money again on a homebox or dark room. which is what im planning on doing. i seriously am having difficulty understanding how some people are giving them good reviews. The shit quality of the tents must be breaking consumer laws. Btw the stitching sucks balls.

• 2 months later...

Just to add my two penneth. I have a Budbox small and an XL. The fit on the small is better than the bigger one, but both have suffered from broken zips and light leaks from where the lining has stuck to itself in storage. The XL has a broken pole, damaged while trying to get the ill-fitting material over the top. The stiching at the corners is ripping too. I have electrical tape on all the pinholes and ductape round the corners. I think I'll do this grow with it but it'll end up in the skip once I've chopped this current grow.

By comparison I helped a mate put his Homebox up the other night. Its much better made and designed. Goes up easier too. I'd like to see a darkroom up close beforeI buy another.

I think there maybe or may have been TWO factories making the budbox tents, the one I bought (and I'm a fussy fcker) was absolutely spot on. Very high quality zips and very sturdy indeed.

It was the 1.2x1.2x2m and I had a wilma 16 pot squeeeezed into it:)

So to see others slating it big time makes me think perhaps someone got fakes made up perhaps and distributed them as genuine article?

im thinking of buyin a grow tent(1mtr2,1.8mtr in height) and i was wondering if they actually work and im thinking of using a 400w hps light with it

reply plz

No experience of other brands but my secret jardin darkroom is excellent, best thing I've bought in years!

I read the budboxes are a bit crap, and there's another brand (homebox, I think, and do tell me if I'm wrong) that have had to recall their stock because a chemical in the lining actually kills the plants you put in it :blub:

If your useless at DIY, like me, then they are perfect.

Hey Heli,

I have the BudBox the same size as the one you're looking at. It's my first grow, so I guess I can't really confirm that they work fully yet ( :blub: :wink: ) - but I'm at day 11 of Flowering and the plants look great!

Couple of note so far:

I'm using an amazon system, so I lose 45cm of height before I get started. My plants now measure 85cm and are still stretching (please not too much longer!!!). If they grow another 15cm I'm gonna have serious issues - and this is with an aircooled light! With a normal HPS reflector they'd be burning already! Also, this is after topping and a bit of training using the utility shelf as a scrog net. Not exactly advanced scrog ( :rofl: ) I must admit - but they'd be huge without any of that! Strain is Barney's Sweet Tooth BTW.

What with my scrog net in place, I find it a bit tricky to reach leafs and tips at the back of the tent. Only a metre, I know, but I have the left side of my tent up against a wall ( all the vents and cables come out the back or top) leaving me only front and right side access. I couldn't get to the back left plant's lower leafs if I tried!

Finally, I added reflective duct tape all down the inner seams. Early tests showed that this was the area of maximum light entry! Now it's pretty dark, although I've added full height velcro to the front zipper flap, which helps a lot. Time will tell if the plants think it's dark enough (crosses fingers!) - I'll let you know in around 9 weeks!

phew.... well you asked! ( :rofl: )

Hope that helps a bit. Overall I think they're pretty good. I'm building a mum drobe out of an old wardrobe but, if I had the money spare, I'd just get another budbox.

Z.

"I read the budboxes are a bit crap, and there's another brand (homebox, I think, and do tell me if I'm wrong) that have had to recall their stock because a chemical in the lining actually kills the plants you put in it :rofl:"

Tell me more :ouch::stoned::stoned::ouch::ouch:

No experience of other brands but my secret jardin darkroom is excellent, best thing I've bought in years!

If your useless at DIY, like me, then they are perfect.

^^ This love my DR120 :stoned:

Sorry I don't think it's Homebox, it's 'hydrohuts'. (google 'homebox recalled' - the first result confused me)

There's something about it on here already, but this is the official statement from the company.

Commitment to quality

Open Letter from HydroHut to the public

In the last several months, HydroHut has been made aware of and pursued a problem with some of its Huts causing a peculiar plant yellowing leading to plant whitening in certain, sensitive plants. While the issue did not arise in all plants, or all Huts, the existence of a problem was not conducive to our product’s mission.

After several months of extensive testing, false positives and much interaction with the public regarding this matter, we have found an EPA approved compound that isn’t stable in our plastic and that causes extreme stress to certain sensitive plants. In the future, this compound will be removed during manufacture.

Our focus has been directed at how to remove this compound from the plastic and to do so in a way that we could retroactively repair any HydroHut already in the field. As of February 2008, HydroHut will be repairing any affected HydroHuts at its facility. The exact process by which we repair the HydroHuts is extensive and proprietary and it will be carried out by a trained staff at our locations.

We fully understand that this situation with our product has adversely affected many clients. For this reason, we are standing behind our product and are offering anyone who has been affected a way to have his/her HydroHut repaired free of charge.

Any client, be they end user or store, can arrange to have his HydroHut shipped back to our Los Angeles facility for processing, free of charge. The HydroHut will then be shipped back to the client free of charge.

Hello again UK420. Am hoping to invest in a tent in the near future and was looking at the ones on our sponsor's site - Green's Horticulture, along with a Sunmaster 600wt 7200K MH bulb (as recommended by some of the good peeps here on UK420 :wacko: ).

Anyway, I'm not sure if there's much difference, so thought I'd ask you lot. Have any of you used either or both of these tents and how do you rate them? Which do you think I should go for? The other thing to bear in mind is that I'll be using a 5" rvk for intake and another 5" for extraction, so would need to be suited to those as I can't afford to buy new fans (have a few oscillating ones for inside).

http://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk/detail...462&cat=353

http://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk/detail...463&cat=353

Apologies to the mods if the links are considered spam - I'm just assuming it'd be ok as they sponsor the site, but please remove them if necessary. Many thanks. :rofl:

Hi Nettle-Grower :rofl:

The Darkroom's are excellent, I haven't seen a budbox in action but the pinned thread in the Design & Location should help you make a decision from afar.

I haven't noticed a single light leak, the build is great, easy to put up (did it on my own for the most part, was only putting the ducting up I needed help with) imo worth the extra bit of money, I'm using the DR240w.

And I'm very happy with it :wacko: