Grow Tents

elvie

hello my mates thinking of getting a grow tent and he wants to now how air in and out work do u still need an extractor with a carbon filter and he would like to now if its just sitting in a room is there much of wiff any replys welcome hes going for a 6ft 3ft hobbie kit 400whps 2/3 nft plant system.......

Whys the greenroom your favourite, mate?

The Green Room has 2 side windows for easy access to rub your cheeks against the buds and smell the loveliness.

Plus, the way the frame goes together is the business, it literally puts itself together. The bars are all joined together with a metal elastic spring things, and the frame snaps into place automatically. It is easy to get the tent over the top by comparison to the BudBox.

The HomeBox XS was easily put together, but the frame required some brainpower unlike the Green Room.

The Green Room tent was plenty sturdy enough for me, I had quite a heavy suprnova air cooled light in there.

None of the tents are rock solid or completely light proof.

You can see the Green Room glowing at the bottom of the tent and the BudBox has the passive inputs there which can let in light, but this is at the bottom of the tent so with an irrigation system & pots it doesn't make any difference.

It is a pain to get the 6" ducting out of the exhaust vent, I dunno whether they've made it any bigger.

The HomeBox just seems of superior build quality to the BudBox imo, they are very similar apart from that, but like I said, the Green Room is my favourite, but the HomeBox is very nice.

I'm gonna take all my plants out of my tent this weekend and see if I can get the last corner of the tent cover over the bud box frame. Hopefully it doesn't frustrate me too much.

Thanks for the reply B)

A shop local to me sells 'Dark Room' tents, i've been and had a look and it seemed to be OK, you can feel how much weight the zips carry so I can see why they are the weaker point. Does anyone have any pearls of wisdom regarding the dark room tents? are they better/worse than the homebox in anyones experience?

Guest scarface

i got my gark room 'dr120' today and its a top bit of kit, im well impressed

i guess i was lucky as i only ordered a budbox xl but they were out of stock, and also had told me otherwise on the phone so because of the mix-up they sent me a darkroom instead, which is what i wouldve bought in the first place if i had the cash for it but the budbox was £25 cheaper for the same size :yinyang:

anyway the tent is sweet, peice of piss to set up and put together (literally 20mins tops) and really well made too

o course we shall see what its really like in a month or so after abit of wear and tear, but for now im happy lol

Guest scarface
Thanks for the reply B)

A shop local to me sells 'Dark Room' tents, i've been and had a look and it seemed to be OK, you can feel how much weight the zips carry so I can see why they are the weaker point. Does anyone have any pearls of wisdom regarding the dark room tents? are they better/worse than the homebox in anyones experience?

yes mate make sure its a 'dark room' (dr) and not a 'dark room street' (drs) if possible, i heard the drs's arnt much good :yinyang:

Yeah, its the 'DR' they sell. It looked OK, but I wasn't totally convinced.

It'd be nice to hear from someone that's had a full grow in each of the makes, to be able to say which one is best :wink: - I doubt that'll happen though. I suppose it's a case of just buying one and seeing how it goes.

Cheers for the info

What an excellent thread. Thanks.

I think it should be pinned so people will keep adding to it.

Just looking at the Green link at the top of the page and they say they don't sell the Homebox tents any more for the following reason :- "In our opinion they have fallen too far behind the rest of the market in both innovation and pricing.".

At the moment I am leaning towards a DR120 tent but I only have one fan so it needs to have passive intakes.

I was thinking of getting a wilma 8 pot system but was not sure if the tent would allow enough height as the wilma is about 45cms high. I currently have a 424 hydro tank so may use that for the time being.

Thanks again for the excellent information in this thread.

Jim

I'm thinking of a Wilma 4 pot system and was looking at a 1mx1mx2m Darkroom tent - this seemed to be big enough to comfortably fit the 4 pot system.

The Darkroom tent I looked at had flaps on bottom of the back and side 'walls' that you could lift up to let air in. The guy in the shop selling it seemed to think that I wouldn't need an intake fan.

Edited by JahWarrior
  • Like 1

no prob's. if you go for budbox make sure its the new design. good quality! otherwise go for darkroom. only go for homebox if its cheap enough. similar to bb but quality is better on new range of bb

hi buddy,having got the budbox from greens it is the new one.so on we go !

thanks for your help

Guest scarface

heres some pics of the dr120 for reference to all potential grow tent buyers :smoke:

first up we got the zip, a corner and the roof

post-14593-1201964595_thumb.jpg

post-14593-1201964616_thumb.jpg

post-14593-1201964626_thumb.jpg

Guest scarface

next up the flaps, which i presume are for people with no intake, also you can see the plants through these, they are velcro'd shut, with mesh on the outside lol

post-14593-1201964794_thumb.jpg

post-14593-1201964819_thumb.jpg

post-14593-1201964829_thumb.jpg

Edited by scarface

Guest scarface

next up spome of the extraction/intake holes, each one of these holes has 2 cable cuffs (1 slightly smaller than the other) so theres no possibility of any light leaks etc

there are 5 of these holes on this tent, 2 on each side(1 top 1 bottom) and one at the top at the back of the tent lol

i use a 150 rvk for extraction and a 125ruck for intake lol

post-14593-1201965254_thumb.jpg

post-14593-1201965262_thumb.jpg

post-14593-1201965272_thumb.jpg

post-14593-1201965371_thumb.jpg

Edited by scarface

I can only agree so far what a great thread,

Especially as i cannot build growrooms anymore, and was and is looking at the dr240 and another wilma8 and another 6oowatter too.

SS