Grow Tents

elvie

On 25/10/2016 at 9:44 AM, Sleeping Dragon said:

Hey guys, still undecided whether to do something indoors or not, but space and costs are an issue. What's the smallest footprint tent currently on the market that's more than a metre tall? Or am I better off building a frame out of (for example) pvc pipe and black and white sheeting? I can't go for anything big in terms of tent footprint because of the lighting needed. I'm in a rented place with no access to what the leccy meter says so need to keep it low cost and CFL. Tents are pretty expensive here due to shipping costs and distance from the mainland.

I found one by mammouth on Amazon that is 40x40x140 - currently using it for seedlings but I'm gonna squeeze three autos in there for a laugh when the seedlings go in the garden in a couple weeks. they are well built tents although I'd get an inline filter so you can put it outside your tent with the fan, there isn't space inside

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/08/2009 at 7:32 PM, Saber said:

I was thinking of buying a DR60, but I want to hide it in my wardrobe, the problem is it only has a depth of 50cm, is it possible to trim 10cm from the depth to make it fit or will that screw up everything?

Did you ever try this dude?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My 1st post guys and im looking at setting up my 1st grow. The green Qube, Bud box, and lighthouse max (1.2msq). Any one with experience of lighthouse tents please. some advice would be appreciated.

^^^^ 

48 minutes ago, GaianMonkey said:

My 1st post guys and im looking at setting up my 1st grow. The green Qube, Bud box, and lighthouse max (1.2msq). Any one with experience of lighthouse tents please. some advice would be appreciated.

I don't use a tent,but from a quick goolge search,the lighthouse may pose a fire risk, it may be utter shite but I'd be checking as other brands are fire proof.

Edited by charas
fix spelling

2 hours ago, charas said:

^^^^ 

I don't use a tent,but from a quick goolge search,the lighthouse may pose a fire risk, it may be utter shite but I'd be checking as other brands are fire proof.

Had a guy on another post said he has had both and prefers the lighthouse max. And the green qube is supposed to be an excellent tent. I will test the one at me local hydroponics shop but think I'm going for the lighthouse max for my 1St grow.

• 6 months later...

Ok, apart from cost (I know how expensive they are in comparison) is there anyone with any negative feedback regarding Gorilla tents? Not the Lite or Shorty but the original , I'm seriously considering it but I'd really like to know before saving up that kind of cash . 

Many thanks in advance 

:yinyang:

Hi guys

Can anyone recommend a good 40x40x140 or 160 tent? 

I have had a look online but am struggling to find anything other than the eBay shite.... 

I don't really have the space to go 60x60 unfortunately. 

This will be used for flowering. 

Thanks! 

• 1 month later...

On the subject of tents, ive had cheap and expensive before now, and both were ok.

I was almost buying another secret jardin, but the inner tight wad wouldn't let me, so I have just ordered a cheapo tent off ebay, 240 by 120 by 200 for 80 quid. Yes, 80 buck, posted,

That's less than I paid for one half the size, but then again this one could be a heap of shite. time will tell.

I went thru the sellers feedback, 6 pages of it and zero poor feedback for grow tents, but plenty for paint stripping guns (went on fire) and cat scratch trees, so I imagine its a Chinese seller punting all sorts of stuff

I will report back after its arrived and ive set it up with a light etc to see if it leaks light.

If its decent I'm buying another.

I was gonna go for a 240 by 240 tent, but I would then need big fans on full pelt,heat issues,with 4 open  reflectors  and I used to get better yields out of my 240 by 120,  size for size.

Anyway I'm gibbering now, I will report back, lets just hope its not made out of pipe cleaners and tissue paper.

• Like 1

I use nothing but eBay tents these day, only ever had a problem with one, the zip on one of the side windows broke after a few months so messaged the seller and they gave me a full refund and said keep the tent that was a 120x120x200 for £60 the seller had sold 1000s of them. Iv got a 80x80x160 as a mother tent that was £40.  

The light leaks are no worse than more expensive tents u always get the odd pin hole here and there, iv never had a tent be completely light proof, had plenty of secret jardin and hydrolab tents over the years but cheap ebays ones do the job now, just find a seller that’s sold 1000s of them and check the feed back.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got a 2.4 x 1.2 x 2.0 tent off eBay £140 delivered, it’s called a budda room from the kitbag shop, i have nothing to compare it to but i was impressed with the initial quality and now that it’s up it has a few light leaks and the zip jams from time to time but then again so do the more expensive ones according to what I’ve read so overall I’m happy with it,

The budda room tent sizes go from 60x60x60cm to 2.4x2.4x2.0

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I just got 2 new Green Cubes , by far the best tents I've had or seen in person. Even comes with 2.2m height (GQ120L ) or usual 2m. Worth every penny (£140) . :yinyang:

1 hour ago, Breezus said:

I just got 2 new Green Cubes , by far the best tents I've had or seen in person. Even comes with 2.2m height (GQ120L ) or usual 2m. Worth every penny (£140) . :yinyang:

But have you swung from the bars yet? You know you want to:D

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 3:26 PM, badbillybob said:

On the subject of tents, ive had cheap and expensive before now, and both were ok.

I was almost buying another secret jardin, but the inner tight wad wouldn't let me, so I have just ordered a cheapo tent off ebay, 240 by 120 by 200 for 80 quid. Yes, 80 buck, posted,

That's less than I paid for one half the size, but then again this one could be a heap of shite. time will tell.

I went thru the sellers feedback, 6 pages of it and zero poor feedback for grow tents, but plenty for paint stripping guns (went on fire) and cat scratch trees, so I imagine its a Chinese seller punting all sorts of stuff

I will report back after its arrived and ive set it up with a light etc to see if it leaks light.

If its decent I'm buying another.

I was gonna go for a 240 by 240 tent, but I would then need big fans on full pelt,heat issues,with 4 open  reflectors  and I used to get better yields out of my 240 by 120,  size for size.

Anyway I'm gibbering now, I will report back, lets just hope its not made out of pipe cleaners and tissue paper.

well got this a week or two back and immediately set it up. ive got to say, its no secret jardin, but for 80 quid for a 2.4 by 1.2, its worth every penny. 

good points,- decent thick fabric , easy to put up, sock strings decent plenty vents intake outtake holes

bad points- only one very small light leak thru the stitching, and poles a bit flimsy, but perfectly adequate for normal reflectors, but I wouldn't be hanging a pair of magnum xxxls off them. I usea big filter (12 inch), but don't hang them, iput them vertically from the floor, so not a problem for me,, and I suspect they poles may bend if I tried hanging them. also plastic corners aren't the best, but work, and for 80 buck, what do you expect. biggest downside is the zips for the door. they work fine but aren't in the D shape as per the advert pic, they are like a vertical zip, joined in the middle, which will be a pain on a day to day basis.

so overall, good enough for the money, but if you're looking long term, and have cash to spare, probably better looking at a bud box pro or green qube

• Like 5