Grow Tents

elvie

Need a new 1.2m tent. I think Ive narrowed it down to these 3. The Green Room grow tent, the DR120 and Hydrolabs/Grow lifes 120 tent. Found them all for around £130 give or take. But which is the best one? Dont want to get the wrong one and its a pain buying blindly. My worry with the Green Room is that it might be dated by now as I dont know of any updates on the tent. Diamond mylar is a nice touch tho. Wish they all used it. Great stuff. The other 2 have been upgraded recently so should be good as well. Some help from people who have bought these recently would be cool. Atb, reds. :king:

Edited by reds

Would it be good to use 2 x 600 hps in 3m x 1.5m x 2m grow tent? also how do you guys introduce CO2 in your tents with lights on as i read the best time plants intake the most CO2 is when lights are on. :skin_up:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Have to say UK420 is great, can't beleive the amount of people growing out there these days, love the tips/advice/info/tests etc... Keep it groing.

Did a few grows about 15yrs ago, things have moved on since then and I find myself getting lost or sidetracked when reading posts/threads.

My plan is to get 2.4x2.4x2 tent(Would love a Gorilla Tent), probably gonna go with IWS system although not sure which version as I am bit concerned about roots blocking hose's etc. As for the lights, not sure which bulbs to use yet(Would love Hortilux), dual specs were not around in my time so not to sure about those same as digital ballasts.

Was gonna use 4 x 600w or do i go with 6 x 400w, again finding it difficult to decide how many girls to grow within that space, if i use 4 x 600w then im leaving a gap in the middle, do i put a 400w there or do i go with 6 x 400w for a better spread? As for digital ballasts, are they safe now regarding radio interference etc and reliable?

Gonna use coco/clay mix 60/40,any good?

Reflectors, again was going to go with white Parabolic ones but undecided since I saw that reflector test from Greners, it came almost last??

Gonna go with Genesis Formula as it seems quite universal, plus i heard good things although no one has shown any results or done any taste tests. Was gonna use a boost but unsure which one. In fact after this grow - i will start to fiddle around with additives etc.

For me the enviroment is priority but would really love to know which bulbs and reflectors are the best and availabe in the UK??

Gonna go with Blues and maybe killers 1st off, heard/read they are very tastey(awesome)and very potent, think both will ripen together?

Guest fujitsu

BudBox 1.2x1.2x2m is a good tent. I have no problems with light leeks but I did make sure the inner zip flaps were sitting correctly when zipped up :wassnnme:

• 1 month later...

Great post, really informative.

Seems the best way forward is build your own followed by Secret Jardin, Budbox and Homebox.

A couple of questions though:

Going back to the zips on the SJ - do they have double zips on each actual zip, ie you can zip from top and bottom simultaneously then meet in the middle?

Also I take it the zips are YKK, but do they have holes in the end of the metal tab so you could lock them ,I know a stanley will go through the sides with no effort, but......?

tia.

• 3 weeks later...

Have to say UK420 is great, can't beleive the amount of people growing out there these days, love the tips/advice/info/tests etc... Keep it groing.

Did a few grows about 15yrs ago, things have moved on since then and I find myself getting lost or sidetracked when reading posts/threads.

My plan is to get 2.4x2.4x2 tent(Would love a Gorilla Tent), probably gonna go with IWS system although not sure which version as I am bit concerned about roots blocking hose's etc. As for the lights, not sure which bulbs to use yet(Would love Hortilux), dual specs were not around in my time so not to sure about those same as digital ballasts.

Was gonna use 4 x 600w or do i go with 6 x 400w, again finding it difficult to decide how many girls to grow within that space, if i use 4 x 600w then im leaving a gap in the middle, do i put a 400w there or do i go with 6 x 400w for a better spread? As for digital ballasts, are they safe now regarding radio interference etc and reliable?

Gonna use coco/clay mix 60/40,any good?

Reflectors, again was going to go with white Parabolic ones but undecided since I saw that reflector test from Greners, it came almost last??

Gonna go with Genesis Formula as it seems quite universal, plus i heard good things although no one has shown any results or done any taste tests. Was gonna use a boost but unsure which one. In fact after this grow - i will start to fiddle around with additives etc.

For me the enviroment is priority but would really love to know which bulbs and reflectors are the best and availabe in the UK??

Gonna go with Blues and maybe killers 1st off, heard/read they are very tastey(awesome)and very potent, think both will ripen together?

Hi mate.. I've been using a smaller size tent than you mentioned for the last 2 odd years (It's an AgriBox 1.2 x 1.2 x 2) and i've got a

vented hood with a 600 watt SonT bulb and it does the job fine everytime.

I think the amount of light you are thinking of introducing would cause you problems in a tent that size TBH.

Maybe think of dropping it to 2 x 600 watts or 4 x 400 watts which i think should suffice.

I use a Gavita Digital ballast and grow in Bio Bizz Light Mix all the way through.

I also use the Canna range of nutes and end up with 6 nice ladies at the end of each grow

Hope that info is of some help to you my friend, best of luck whatever route you take..

Regards..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Guys i am debating weather to buy a 1x1meter tent or 1.2x1.2meter..i will be using a 600w dimmable ballast and either a 5' or 6' TD silent fan..As this is my first grow i was wondering what would be my best option..buy the 1.2meter and 6' fan or 1x1meter with 5' fan.Plan on doing only 4-6 plants with low electric costs trying 250w/400w hps and 85w cfl for seed stages..Should i have the option of the 1.2meter tent and 6' fan with 600w for future grows???,just concerned about the 400w setting in the 1.2meter tent for coverage..

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any experience with Black Orchid grow tents? if so what is the quality like? and would you recommend one? sorry if this has been asked before.

• 3 weeks later...

Heres my new Budbox L 1.8m tent (mk3) to replace my old 1.8m Budbox (mk1) i got in 2005,

i went for the white walls version over the mylar covered wall as i prefer the clean white look.

right, heres some decent pics, i'd searched on line but couldnt find any decent pics or close ups to see the tent

but i'd like to say thanks to hello for posting his pics in my other thread asking about the new design.

the box came wrapped up in black shrink rap so no need to worry about someone seeing the name Budbox plastered across it :wink:

tn_gallery_36349_2174_24177.jpg tn_gallery_36349_2174_94857.jpg tn_gallery_36349_2174_119142.jpg tn_gallery_36349_2174_17975.jpg tn_gallery_36349_2174_130271.jpg

so this is what was in the bag, 19 tent poles, 8 reinforced corner pieces, water catcher base cover & the tent material.

tn_gallery_36349_2174_70309.jpg tn_gallery_36349_2174_83661.jpg tn_gallery_36349_2174_79538.jpg tn_gallery_36349_2174_10560.jpg tn_gallery_36349_2174_111063.jpg

tn_gallery_36349_2174_30611.jpg tn_gallery_36349_2174_128379.jpg tn_gallery_36349_2174_59017.jpg tn_gallery_36349_2174_67245.jpg tn_gallery_36349_2174_87939.jpg

tn_gallery_36349_2174_70483.jpg tn_gallery_36349_2174_143697.jpg tn_gallery_36349_2174_145975.jpg tn_gallery_36349_2174_31535.jpg tn_gallery_36349_2174_102894.jpg

the one thing i'll say just now is that, this version is miles better than the old tent & its a doddle to put it together,

heres some of the things i've noticed about it so far, the material is thicker, though i think the DR tent material seems thicker or is more rigid,

the zips look stronger & theyre quieter than the DR tents zipper :wink: the poles are now powder enameled white unlike the old poles &

are colour coded to make it easier, orange for the base, green for the side supports & blue for the roof.

the corner pieces are also a lot stronger, i broke 3 of the original corner pieces almost straight away :wallbash:

theres also a lot more entry holes for ducting, 3 at the top for extraction up to 8" & 1 at the bottom for an intake,

as well as having 2 passive vents, Budbox has changed their design on these & have copied the DR style vents,

the 3 roof supports are also a lot stronger, they've even put rubber covers on the tips of the poles so theres no vibration

coming from your fan if its in the tent.

more pics to follow :skin_up:

Edited by Joint hogger
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nice one JH...been looking at replacing my old veg tent(budbox 80x80x160),the material ripped by the zip,have had it bout 5 years now...the new budbox looks like it has adressed the problems where the zips meet,nice little covers...i cant see no covers over where the top zips on tho,surely light will penetrate out thru the zips?...my old one has got covers over the zips......can you see light thru zips JH?

kind regards hd

theres some needle holes where the zips are sewed on but the zip is pretty lightproof, though if the tent material is tight when zipping up,

you can see some light through the zipper but it isnt really a problem if your careful when using the zips, the passive vents let out a lot of light though,

so you might need to incorporate a cardboard box as a light blocker.

• 1 month later...

Can some kind person put me on to someone useing a grow tent that is 2.8meters in length and 1.4meters wide and 2.0 meters in height hopefully someone has used this tent in a dairy. thanks TR.. ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just sent my 3rd secret jardin DR150 rev 2.5 back due to bunbling Mylar and shoddy stitching.

Never have another secret jardin tent ever.

Replaced it with a green qube GQ150 and have to say it knocks socks of the jardin and and got to be the best tent I have ever seen.

It's even IWS and autopot friendly :D

GREEN QUBE for me from now on.