Grow Tents

elvie

ive ordered another one, not the same as the cheapo.

this time I bought a green box pro, (looks like a green qube rip off to be honest). which is the same size 2.4 by 1.2 by 2, but is  twice as expensive (swoon) as the cheapo, but comes with big poles 25mm, which wont bend with negative pressure, like the cheapos do.

this one was 160 quid, which is still a ton less than a green qube.

I don't expect it to out perform the qube, but I hope its close.

as usual I will let u know.

still got the cheapo, but itsnot built to last, zip getting sticky and a gap where the 3 zips meet at the front, but still perfectly usable.

bendy poles are pissing me off a bit tho I must admit, but what do u expect for 80 buck?

• Like 2

The greenqubes are great,as you know they take 100kg hanging from them bars. Have you seen the new GQ? It's called the quick-qube. Basically a gazebo frame and it's a lot quicker to erect.I have no idea on prices,but feel sure it'l cost a pretty penny.

• Like 3

it was only the cost that put me off buying one. ( a green qube-non gazebo type).

they do look great but my knock off was 120 quid less.

Saying that, mine could be shite lol.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 04/05/2018 at 11:17 PM, badbillybob said:

this time I bought a green box pro

I need a new tent,and was looking at the PRO (25mm poles) 1.2meter tent. It's only £105. Out of  marks of 10,how would you rate the quality of your bigger version? I need to order this weekend. Cheers mate.

• Like 1

ahh, its still in the box mate, ive not even opened it out, I just opened the box to check it was all there.

Will probably end up flogging it now im building my room to be honest, , or maybe keep it for vegging / drying etc. but just looking at it, it looks decent enough.

It is much, much  better than the cheap shitty one I bought from ebay, via  China with the poles that bent if you so much as looked at them the wrong way, that's for sure. 

I would definitely get the pro model with the bigger poles tho, and at a hundred quid you cant go wrong can you?

• Like 1

I bought the greenbox PRO,1.2x1.2x2.0. They also sell a LOW version,1.8m high,and a HIGH version 2.2m high ( I think ). The PRO has 25mm diameter poles compared to the standard tent (16mm)? Good quality/value for money @£105. Extaction ports: 3. 1 on top of tent for fan (back right hand corner from the main door).  And 2 for air-cooled light ducting (1 on each side of tent). Intake: 2. 1 on each side of tent,low down,near the front door. 2 cable entry ports on the back wall/panal of the tent. I've not measured the diameter of the ports,but because it's a 1.2m tent,I'm guessing they will be 8". The cable ports will probably be 3"/76mm. All ports are double socked,as they should be.Also got 2 side view windows and 3 mesh passive air/bug screeens.

• Like 2

are you impressed with it, or is it too early to tell?

What like are the zips etc?

Im only asking cos mines still in the box?

I can't use it at the moment.The tent it will replace has flowering plants in there and I just can't be arsed removing them and stripping out the fan/filter/duct/light,so will wait until I chop. Zips all seem good. I reckon this is good quality,value for money. Marks out of 10. I give a good solid 8,possibly 9. Right now the tent is in the living-room with a 200w cfl over some cuttings,just cos I can! Mrs ursus wants a clutter free room back soon!

• Like 1

Indeed they are. I have 2. But the greenbox is a very worthy (IMO) copy. For anybody on a budget,don't waste money on the £60 jobbies on ebay,buy this from ebay instead :yep:. BTW the greenbox dos'nt have the 'up-lift' bars like the greenqube (the up-lift bars allow dripper tube to enter the tent without butchering the tent to feed your plants.keep the res outside)

Edited by ursus1000
extra info
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Budbox Pro every time. Ive had a couple of other tents, SJ and a cheapo & they were both rubbish compared to the Budbox Pro. Ive used them now for 11yrs & the updated Pro version with 25mm poles, irrigation pole etc is spot on. I wouldn't get any other tent now.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm future planning my first grow, would you say it's best to invest early on in a tent that will do me for a few years or just pick up a cheaper one just to get the ball rolling? Ideally 1.2x1.2x2