Grow Tents

elvie

Just got my hands on the last Secret Jardin Darkroom DR40 - 40x40x120(h)cm - on ebay. Seems like all the hydro shops have sold their stock and secret jardin are not producing them anymore. Feel very lucky. :lucky:

Had a Buddha Room tent before - the DR40 is so much better quality, much thicker material. Will put some pics up of it in next couple of days.

:bong:

• Like 1

Nice m8, I didn't even know they did a dr40? (pics please) :yep: I like my little ds60, was cheap and pretty good quality imho. Had to build my own reflector for it though. lol

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Would post pics tonight, but gonna hit the sack soon - work in the morning (very loud groan!). :sleep1:

Difference in quality is huge.

Had to cut my 150w hid reflector to size with steel cutters! lol

I like the look of the green qube tbh but also like the hydrolab 120 size for me found the latest range both same price £145 its pitty greens don't do them just the roof qubes

I purchased and assembled a GR100 Growtent this morning. Can't comment on price as i bought it for trade from a mate but quality wise its probably the best tent I've seen (and I've seen and assembled plenty).

Loads of adequately sized extraction/intake/cable ports, double sleeved all of them, the poles and corners were all metal and could easily support me doing a pull up!!!! (not sure how much i weigh these days but i ain't light! lol)

Good thick material, zero light leaks, and well made good quality zips, with plenty of access panels too...

Not sure what they retail at but assuming there similarly priced to other name brands i'd take one over any other tent I've tried until now, I'll grab some pics tomorrow if i remember...

• Like 1

Nice m8, I didn't even know they did a dr40? (pics please) :yep: I like my little ds60, was cheap and pretty good quality imho. Had to build my own reflector for it though. lol

:yinyang:

Here you go - some pics. Got busy but better late than never! Very happy with it - quality is different league to the buddha room I had before. Not a great photo with my girls in their new home - never is with hps (mh is fine).

:bong:

Secret Jardin Darkroom - DR40

• 2 weeks later...

I like the look of the green qube tbh but also like the hydrolab 120 size for me found the latest range both same price £145 its pitty greens don't do them just the roof qubes

We've just started offering UK420 members a 20% discount on all our tents when bought direct from us, which makes a Hydrolab GL120XL (120 x 120 x 200cm) come in at £103.99 including free next day delivery. Normally priced £136.99.

More about this offer here: http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=331398

All the best,

Hydrolab

Edited by Hydrolab
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone know if I could get away with adding a extra lamp to my mantis pro...a feel need the extra lumenz n seems like one each end may work...also I have a thromo controlled fan can I wire this to a standard using it as a slave???-be tidy lil no if could. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

tip for anyone doing this in a confined space...

finally got my secret jardin dr60 2.5 set up, when constructed this comes in at around 1.70m tall... NOT the 1.60m as advertised

this was an issue for me as its in my attic and i have just enough room for a 1.6m tent... given that it took all of my (not inconsiderable) charm to persuade Mrs Wind to let me indulge my hobby, i wasn't prepared to broach the subject of extending through the roof

decided instead to trim 5cm off the vertical poles, and do some constructive woodwork embedding the tent into the beams... if anything this has made the tent fit over the poles more easily, and with a couple of pegs to pinch off the slight excess material at the top, it's all come together perfectly

in summary... yes you can make minor adjustments to tent frames without too much bother

...onto germination!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

got my hydrolab 1.2 tent today . ordered sunday got today. had a quick look ,looks 10/10.

comes in a nice black carry bag , looks like inch thick poles. diamond mylar.

roll on 5/6 weeks when i get it set up. :thumsup:

• 2 months later...

As for me, I also was doubting whether buying a grow tent is better and in the end I ordered one from a Dutch website. It's a Secret Jardin's Dark room. So, I can assure you from my own experience that its better than a self-made one. And it is indeed durable to hold lights and fans and other stuff. It was so easy to build! Definitely saves lots of time.

Plus, they also offer complete tents with lights and pots and other stuff you might need, in case you doubt about the capacity or whatever.

*bump* Any latest reviews you guys willing to share, moments away from my first, looking to go for a starter kit so as to be sure not to miss anything from the off, differing prices from say Greens determine the make of tent, I have read the Secret Jardins do not have the greatest reviews, I am lucky as although I am going stealth I will have a decent amount of space.....any initial help would be great tia....

JTS ;)

• 2 weeks later...

We've just started offering UK420 members a 20% discount on all our tents when bought direct from us, which makes a Hydrolab GL120XL (120 x 120 x 200cm) come in at £103.99 including free next day delivery. Normally priced £136.99.

More about this offer here: http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=331398

All the best,

Hydrolab

Does this still apply Hydrolab? Thanks