Grow Tents

elvie

dont bother with the dr120. i just set mine up and its full of holes. well disappointing...

dont bother with the dr120. i just set mine up and its full of holes. well disappointing...

Ouch! Did you have to wait for them to get stock, i.e did you buy direct as they have been out of stock of some....that's terrible I have been waiting for new stock to land....back to square one! fml!

I'm not sure if this has been asked before in this topic so apologies if it has. I am completely new to growing in tents but have my own grow room which is working OK. I am thinking of getting a small tent for mums/clones/vegging. My question is this - how do tents take care of passive vents? For example if I have a 4 inch exhaust fan and carbon filter setup will I be able to buy a tent with passive vents and how do they get over the problem of light leaking through the fresh air vents. Thanks and happy growing to everyone.

Ouch! Did you have to wait for them to get stock, i.e did you buy direct as they have been out of stock of some....that's terrible I have been waiting for new stock to land....back to square one! fml!

I got it from Greens. I was told Friday I would receive the item. They said they are expecting stock tomorrow.

proper pain in the arse though isnt it. I will have to take everything down again and set it up again. ill prob just remove the shell and replace it with the new one. is that going to be possible to do with all the fans etc.. in it?

Hey guys, I bought a dr120-II and was just wanting to confirm a couple things before I set it all up..

Extraction at top of the room opposite intake which will be on the bottom.....right?

and the unused intakes/out takes, all i need to do is close them with the ties attached to them and that's enough?

Wasn't expecting my tent to be as big to be honest. Going to have to re arrange my whole room!

Thanks

Can I put my extracted air back into my tent the air is cool running 250w hps in a 1x1x2 tent 5 inch fan and 6 inch carbon filter for two plants...but its a bit hot in the room my tents in compared to rest of house ....how can I sort this out??? Sorry for change of topic

Can I put my extracted air back into my tent

No !

you need fresh air for the plants to breathe, othewise they will suffer for it & would definitely fuck the grow up !

you need to extract your air away from the tent at least & have a fresh air supply coming in through the passive vent/s at the bottom of the tent,

its preferable to extract your used air out of the room but if you cant extract out of the room, you need to leave the rooms window open

otherwise you'll still be starving the plants of oxygen & you'll end up with various other problems like, high temps (which you've mentioned) ,

high humidity levels & mould.

the air is cool running 250w hps in a 1x1x2 tent 5 inch fan and 6 inch carbon filter for two plants...

but its a bit hot in the room my tents in compared to rest of house ....how can I sort this out??? Sorry for change of topic

do you know the temps from inside the tent & from the room its self ?

Any idea if it is possible to get Gorilla Grow tents in uk. Only found 1 place in many hours looking.

• 2 weeks later...

Been looking for a nice size tent for two plants I've seen one on eBay says it's a full kit lights and all not sure of the brand but at 160 it can't be that bad can it?

not sure mate, but alot peeps here use greens, and if subscribe on there website they send u nice deals to ur email, last week was 20% off fan/filter kits.

• 4 months later...

i have a secret jardin Dr 120 and a grow qube 240. tent. Bith have been dismantled about 3-4 times, and have been in use for the past 3 years, constantly

The jardin is well made, has zero pinholes, NO lite escapes and its well built.The zips are solid and never stick, and the material is thick and reflective.

the grow qube....lets just say i should have bought another DR 240 asecret jardin. This has more pinholes than a seamstress finger, more pricks than a celtic match, and the poles have started to rust already. the hanging poles came twisted, and sometimes dont sit on the frame poles properly (unless there is the weight of a filter etc on them). The fabric cover is ok thickness wise, but the stitching for the zips shows loads and loads of lite through them.

A mate bought either a bud box or a homebox,(the one with the circular removable passive intakes) and its not great. it was a bastard to set up, and ger the material over the frame, the intake sock drawstring snapped off completely, when i tried to close the intake. the hanginpoles are good tho, and it doest leak light. I

i am not convinced cos the floor is open, and the floor cover does not seal it completely, which might well allow insects to come into your groom. the main access flap also goess straight to the floor and is only held by velcro.

I wouldnt buy one.

i will be buyin another tent shortly and its a Jardin 240 for me this time.

i also hear that green rooms are good, but havnt tried one, so cant comment.

Edited by bigbadbillybob
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

2 x 2.4m2(xxl tent) , thats what i would go with that number of plants lst in 10L pots, 4 x 600w bulbs. But that is loads of leccy.

Or just do a SOG in XXL tent and 1200w .

2 x 2.4m2(xxl tent) , thats what i would go with that number of plants lst in 10L pots, 4 x 600w bulbs. But that is loads of leccy.

Or just do a SOG in XXL tent and 1200w .

SOG sounds like a better option i'll have a look on the forums to see how its done thanks mate
  • Like 1