Grow Tents

elvie

1 minute ago, FatBoy77 said:

If green cube is similar to lighthouse, they probably have a lightweight and heavy duty version at different price points. My heavy duty lighthouse is awesome. The lightweight one would require support to hang filters and things from.

not sure but i don't think green qube do a light version like the lighthouse. i had a heavy duty lighthouse and much preferred it to the qube, much more sturdy however the lining peeled away after a while.

got the hydrolabs now as wanted the 2x4 footprint

3 hours ago, Hammo44 said:

Good luck with it. Once it's up you'll get a nice sense of achievement.

Thanks @Hammo44 :) Others were right about once the outer is on, it's sturdier already (managed to do it myself with the use of a step stool :thumsup: ) and I think you're right about the top weight and pots etc. in the bottom once it all goes in. Just getting the tent up feels good, so hopefully getting the rest sorted will make me feel like queen of the plant mamas :king: :D

3 hours ago, jack71 said:

i use to have a 1m2 green qube thought is was wobbly too. wouldn't buy another or recommend 

It's not too bad now @jack71 I have the same size as you. Not as solid as I'd like but definitely holds together better with the skin on.

3 hours ago, Asterion said:

If you use a pair of ratchet straps and some patience you will be able to get your fan up to height on your own :yep:  attach them roughly where you want it clip or tie to the fan and find something to stand on let the ropes take the weight for you and just tighten up few clicks at a time until your at the top. I cable tie my fan up so there's a little bit of a gap so it doesn't vibrate the tent but it's really easy just join 2 or 3 together and use like that 1 on either side of the fan once it's cable tied up there losely you can take the ratchets off and adjust how you would like it before tightening up. Or you could just have the fan outside of the tent doesn't need to be in there if it's too much like hard work for you just don't put yourself through that and have it outside the tent.

Great advice @Asterion thank you :) I'm going to have to tie the light ballast up permanently with ratchet straps anyway due to design, also so I can easily raise it as I go along. Given the noise of the fans I think I'll have to sort out some DIY silencing boxes to put them in so that'll take a bit of space up in the roof if it's inside. 

3 hours ago, FatBoy77 said:

If green cube is similar to lighthouse, they probably have a lightweight and heavy duty version at different price points. My heavy duty lighthouse is awesome. The lightweight one would require support to hang filters and things from.

@FatBoy77 the Green Qube is supposed to be one of the strongest available. I've already done some light monkey-swinging off it to test it out. You know. Because that's entirely necessary :upside:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Flax said:

Thanks @Hammo44 :) Others were right about once the outer is on, it's sturdier already (managed to do it myself with the use of a step stool :thumsup: ) and I think you're right about the top weight and pots etc. in the bottom once it all goes in. Just getting the tent up feels good, so hopefully getting the rest sorted will make me feel like queen of the plant mamas :king: :D

Good to hear. They don't tell you how much of a pain in the ass it is to put up, especially doing it solo!

if you've not hung your fan/filter yet, use cargo nets instead of bungee cords, it makes it a bit easier if your on your own & the cargo gives better support & is less likely to take out a few plants if the filter ever falls  lol

gallery_36349_3574_4645.jpg

large.5d101dbee0abc_DR120(32)FanintheCargonet.jpg

gallery_36349_3574_61008.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hey all any problems with my thought process here?

About to start up again in a garage which has people walking past it all day, about 3 metres from garage. A bit worried about smell when I open the tent so was thinking of buying a 120x240 and only using half of it with a 600w so that I can zip myself in when watering and chopping.

i will be using a carbon filter and a set up for a 120x120 tent. Can you foresee any problems with having half the tent empty? Heating it will be harder? Anything else I’m not thinking of?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I only use half of my 2.4m long 1.2w loft tent with 1 600w and i find it much easier being able to get in and manage the plants and also keeps temps steadier, i'm only growing for myself so not concerned about stuffing the tent full

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys.

Would anyone have any input on the Mammoth range of tents?

i’m looking into the Mammoth elite range.

Regards.

• 3 weeks later...

I can vouch for green qube, build quality weight handling, entry/exit points for gear. Not cheap but hoping it lasts!  I'm just doing it for my self and comfortably fit in it with 6 9 litre pots shoved over to one side. You'd be able to squeeze in 12 if you wanted to but as I say I just want to have my own organic medicine without all the hassle of chasing it down (as I have been for donkey's years) I'm Now in for two months dry AF because of start up costs........ Pray for me! :bong::yinyang:

• 4 weeks later...

I've just picked up x2 of the 90cm 4 pot wilma systems, can anyone tell me what size tent would be the best to house them i've been looking at 1.2 x 2.4 budbox pro ? am i on the right track ? any suggestions welcome 

• 2 months later...

Hi all

I just found this on Ebay from HK.  Cheap as chips and as I'm only ever planning on growing s single plant at any one time i thought it might be worth a punt.

I'm currently part way through my first ever attempt in a small screened off area in a lean to at the back of my house but for my next grow I'd like to use a tent with extraction.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, MOONMONKEY71 said:

Hi all

I just found this on Ebay from HK.  Cheap as chips and as I'm only ever planning on growing s single plant at any one time i thought it might be worth a punt.

I'm currently part way through my first ever attempt in a small screened off area in a lean to at the back of my house but for my next grow I'd like to use a tent with extraction.

Thoughts?

large.Screenshot_20200721-171334_eBay.jpglarge.Screenshot_20200721-171236_eBay.jpg

Prob be fairly crap but for £15 can’t go too wrong to be fair, might just have to do some mods if it’s full of light leaks 

• Like 1

@moonmonkeyim guessing the sellers made a mistake with the price here but hopefully they don’t notice and your package manages to get through customs ok ,  not a risk I would of took myself though. 

• Like 1