Grow Tents

elvie

1 hour ago, Mimicker said:

I'm future planning my first grow, would you say it's best to invest early on in a tent that will do me for a few years or just pick up a cheaper one just to get the ball rolling? Ideally 1.2x1.2x2

Buy cheap buy twice. My personal recommendation would be Greenqube. At the size you want you can choose from 2m or 2.2m tall. 

https://www.growandharvest.co.uk/product/green-qube-tent/

Id second that. Invest a few more quid and buy quality.

Im getting a 1x1m for flower and I was going for green qube too but my local hydro store recommended bud box which was my other choice. Only(!!) 115 quid. Need it soon too (*winks!!).

This advice is from chatting to guys on here and elsewhere so is second hand... I'm on my 1st grow now. Exciting times too... Only 4 week to go I think.

Edited by GaianMonkey
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GaianMonkey said:

Id second that. Invest a few more quid and buy quality.

Im getting a 1x1m for flower and I was going for green qube too but my local hydro store recommended bud box which was my other choice. Only(!!) 115 quid. Need it soon too (*winks!!).

This advice is from chatting to guys on here and elsewhere so is second hand... I'm on my 1st grow now. Exciting times too... Only 4 week to go I think.

BudBox all the way m8

• 1 month later...

Just would like to say I'm very impressed with the budbox pro white. Really solid great design and.if the view panel is properly shut, apsolutely no light leaks anywhere. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/01/2018 at 9:46 AM, Breezus said:

Ok, apart from cost (I know how expensive they are in comparison) is there anyone with any negative feedback regarding Gorilla tents? Not the Lite or Shorty but the original , I'm seriously considering it but I'd really like to know before saving up that kind of cash . 

Many thanks in advance 

:yinyang:

Best investment you will make. I have 3 2× 3×2×2. 1 ×2.4×1.2. Killa tents no issues

• 2 weeks later...

Just to throw in my 2p.

When I first started growing about I purchased a complete led grow tent package which was for people who wanted to dip their toes in. That came with a small trojan tent (0.8x0.8x1.8).

Im now upgrading and recently purchased a green qube 150 (1.5x1.5x2.0).

I can tell you the difference in quality is night and day. The green qube is so much thicker and stronger in every aspect apart from it was harder for me to install due too size, weight and quality.

1 hour ago, Megumin said:

Just to throw in my 2p.

When I first started growing about I purchased a complete led grow tent package which was for people who wanted to dip their toes in. That came with a small trojan tent (0.8x0.8x1.8).

Im now upgrading and recently purchased a green qube 150 (1.5x1.5x2.0).

I can tell you the difference in quality is night and day. The green qube is so much thicker and stronger in every aspect apart from it was harder for me to install due too size, weight and quality.

I'd love to be able to get a GreenQube but the 80cm x 80cm x 1.8m is too wide/deep by half a foot. 

1 hour ago, SeaJay said:

I'd love to be able to get a GreenQube but the 80cm x 80cm x 1.8m is too wide/deep by half a foot. 

That half a foot is annoying...

The Trojan tent I have is in the silver range and one size up from the 60x60 I think you are considering. It was definitely suitable for me however the zips do leak light. Luckily it's situated in room with blackout curtains so I won't be affected.

I went for the green qube based on reviews here, I then went and looked at the range at a hydroponics store and was sold on the quality.

I was happy to pay the price as i wanted that quality that would last. The bells and whistles are nice also like having floor level access for auto pot piping.

Good luck finding something buddy.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried both the green qube and hydrolab 1x1x2m tents and got an opinion on which one is better? And is the newer hydrolab material (210d triple layer) as good as the older 600d stuff?

• 5 months later...
On 03/11/2018 at 0:10 AM, Mimicker said:

Just would like to say I'm very impressed with the budbox pro white. Really solid great design and.if the view panel is properly shut, apsolutely no light leaks anywhere. 

W

On 03/11/2018 at 0:10 AM, Mimicker said:

I’m way less than impressed with my BudBox pro (white) 2.4 x 1.2 x 2.2.

6 months old and one zip has torn away from the zip ‘tongue’ and the tear is now starting to gradually creep up the zipper. Not what I’d expect from a ‘quality’ tent.

My girls also seem to be less than impressed. My girls, in a several years old Green Qube Mylar, same size and height, same lights hung same distance, same fans, same fan controller settings etc  are all at least 25% bigger than the BudBox girls. All fed and watered identically, all on exactly the same lighting schedule. The only difference is the tent.

Humidity is also consistently 4 or 5 points higher in BudBox white.

Wouldn’t buy BudBox again.

just my tuppence worth

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Are there any really small fan/filter combo's? 

I've recently moved to a terraced house and I want to avoid stinking the place up and annoying the neighbours when smoking, so was thinking I could get myself an extra fan/filter to set up in my home office, but the usual setups I've seen are too big for just filtering weed smoke. 

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to sort out my first grow kit for MMJ and like everyone else am totally bewildered by all the options (I've been trying to sort this sh*t out for 2 years now and I keep getting put off because it's too hard to get my fatigued head around. I wish there wasn't so much choice). I agree with what @monkeypig said about buy cheap buy twice, so I want to get the right tent to start for a bit more money and not have to replace it later on. Problem is I'm seeing conflicting reviews between Bud Box & Green Qube, but some of them are old reviews. What's the current wisdom for the most robust, light-tight, sturdy-framed tent out of the two? 

*sits back and waits for diametrically opposed opinions to confuse her more* :upside:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Flax said:

I'm trying to sort out my first grow kit for MMJ and like everyone else am totally bewildered by all the options (I've been trying to sort this sh*t out for 2 years now and I keep getting put off because it's too hard to get my fatigued head around. I wish there wasn't so much choice). I agree with what @monkeypig said about buy cheap buy twice, so I want to get the right tent to start for a bit more money and not have to replace it later on. Problem is I'm seeing conflicting reviews between Bud Box & Green Qube, but some of them are old reviews. What's the current wisdom for the most robust, light-tight, sturdy-framed tent out of the two? 

*sits back and waits for diametrically opposed opinions to confuse her more* :upside:

you might be better off starting a thread, say how much you have to spend, add details concerning where you expect to extract and stuff like that. then all the info will be in one place for you, and anybody who has given you advice can "follow" the thread and pop in see how you are getting. 

best of luck with it mate, it's fun when you get started. the getting sorted is the ballache.

Edited by ison
  • Like 2