Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JJJ

Deficiency to be identified

Any thoughts guys?

I’ve got 3 autos, 5 weeks old and approaching the end of the stretch.  Budlets are forming at the moment.

Environment is in check, DIYLEDUK Scope 220 at around 20 inches and approx. ¾ power.

Medium is H&G Batmix with added worm castings and normal (soft) tap water is used.

I’ve been feeding cal/mag and Biobizz fish mix at 1ml per L for just over a week.

A day or two ago I started adding Biobizz Bloom at 1ml per L.

Good wet/dry cycle in action from the beginning.

I literally just top-dressed with some more Batmix and fed 2 of the plants before noticing this issue now.

My thoughts are possible calcium deficiency so would be planning to up cal/mag to 2ml per L from the next feed.  I don’t really want to up the fish-mix as I’ve just top-dressed. And I doubt they’re in high demand of additional bloom nutes at this point.

Would quite like to get on top of this ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

medium.5d0a20a0f3fff_DefG.JPG.250f5c5d61095f71889331ac4d08d649.JPG

medium.5d0a209e267ab_DefF.JPG.a3ab66228fecf8df99078d7937c425dc.JPG

medium.5d0a209b4f7e2_DefE.JPG.caa7f65c3da25021eba3ce7c9c9ad316.JPG

medium.5d0a209903d04_DefD.JPG.7141421f1bf645368befb145d91a1ef9.JPG

medium.5d0a209587a8a_DefC.JPG.d870cac70a8e634204c6f34c86a2c69d.JPG

medium.5d0a20935deca_DefB.JPG.7035aadadad30ff86a0fda3bd35827b4.JPG

Edited by JJJ

It didn't shout cal def to me. It looks similar but it's not as rusty looking as if expect. 

Check for pests and we will go from there 

1 person likes this

Just now, blackpoolbouncer said:

It didn't shout cal def to me. It looks similar but it's not as rusty looking as if expect. 

Check for pests and we will go from there 

Thanks for the response mate.  I've just examined the tops and bottoms of the affected leaves with a times 60 loupe and no signs of anything that resembles pests of any kind.

i'm not one for over doing ferts, in soft water I was using cal/mag and grow plus root juice till start of 12/12, now I have soft water nutes is all I feed 4th week 12/12

1 person likes this

Just now, hash72 said:

i'm not one for over doing ferts, in soft water I was using cal/mag and grow plus root juice till start of 12/12, now I have soft water nutes is all I feed 4th week 12/12

Do you think this could be over-fert then?  I didn't start feeding until about 4 weeks due to the Batmix being hot.  It's only started happening since I started using bloom a few days ago so it makes sense.  However, the leaf tips don't seem to have been affected.  Mmmm - puzzling

personally I would flush with clean water then light feed, with everything you have given your plants cant imagine they are short of anything

1 person likes this

Might be under fert (N) , I get similar signs when hungry and the leaves eventually go brown and crispy. A pic of the whole plant might help further.

Edited by ratdog
1 person likes this

maybe lock out

1 person likes this

OK, mixed responses. So deficiencies caused by too high levels of nutes leading to lockout is what we're leaning towards.  When the next feed is due I could just do a plain water feed then.  I'll get a pic of the overall plants in the meantime.

medium.5d0a2a7f4fb37_OverallplantE.JPG.7f7bb9dd68d70ae50b1f76920bd6e87f.JPG

medium.5d0a2a7b4e29e_OverallplantD.JPG.8a3ae37e1e950db722e7347eea20776a.JPG

medium.5d0a2a7888765_OverallplantC.JPG.f7331e665c6dba6b0914cec1e47f10b6.JPG

medium.5d0a2a747008a_OverallplantA.JPG.0b5bd04d9a1e0813bd32d86504b9cd19.JPG

The leaves seem a little droopy right now but two of them were watered about an hour ago and they usually pick up a little while later.

Edited by JJJ

It looks a little early to be feeding bloom mate, personally I would up the fishmix to 2ml and drop the bloom for a week or so

1 person likes this

Just now, ratdog said:

It looks a little early to be feeding bloom mate, personally I would up the fishmix to 2ml and drop the bloom for a week or so

OK, thanks for the tip mate.  I'll do just that.  It makes perfect sense that this has only just started happening at the introduction of bloom nutes.  I'll drop the bloom for another week. :yep: And up the fish mix.

Edited by JJJ
2 people like this