Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YouMust

sick girls, what do?

16 posts in this topic

hello I hope someone can help me figure this issue out.

the girls seem to be suffering with everything all at once :/

I have/had wilting or so i though so i reduced the flooding interval to 3 hrs normally every 4 hours.

but then they seemed to show over watering. so now i have increased the watering interval.

but still they persist in being sick.

secondly, their going pale/yellow/dying but show tip burn, in the propagator they were having .8 ec

but once transferred to the pot they started with this tip burn, so i have reduced the ec. it's stable @ .66

here's some specs to help

dr120 tent

600w hps with parrabolic shade

6' out 4' in RVK's

9 pot flood and drain 'pro' system (just large pipes)

EC: 0.66

PH 5.6

temp: on 29 max off 21

canna a/b + canna enzyme.

roots look white and healthy

thank you for looking!

heres some pics

gallery_67746_7762_248504.jpg

gallery_67746_7762_19704.jpg

gallery_67746_7762_333332.jpg

gallery_67746_7762_447744.jpg

gallery_67746_7762_192939.jpg

gallery_67746_7762_535001.jpg

gallery_67746_7762_190282.jpg

Looks hungry, low on n. But i now nothing about hydro nutes etc

2 people like this

Purple stems mean its too cold

4 people like this

Unfamiliar with this system mate but are you using a res?

E2A- you could be shocking them with res being cold mate

Edited by Master Kush
1 person likes this

those plants are starving bud ;) up your e/c asap !!!

Edited by jonthebog
2 people like this

As others have said they're just hungry as fuck mate, soon as you start seeing paling from the bottom up you know its time to increase the E.C

White roots....purple stems..yellowing leaves...

Must be too cold and VERY HUNGRY!!! :) like others have said..

3 people like this

What light cycle are you on at the moment?

1 person likes this

Mate I've got exactly the same problems with some Durban autos withering and now getting the yellow and brown on them. Mine are 5 weeks in man and I'm gutted. Mine are in soil though. Thinking of giving them a bit of bio grow , don't want to make them worse though

Edited by madgiz
1 person likes this

If you up their feed and warm them up, they should turn around. :)

The yellow large sucker leaves will not come back and will die..no worries...

Try and get them green before you bud them out. Maybe even crop them if they get to big before they turn around. Just an idea though..

Extremes are what does it...you thought you saw tip burn and stopped feeding them. You would not be the first one..or the last. A couple feeds and they should green up nice with those healthy roots.

Edited by gb1
2 people like this

Can't comment on the purple stems as its not something I've seen in a non deficient plant so I'd say its related to low feed and the resulting stress from it as 21 degree's is not low imo.

ec of .66 is what, CF 6-7, my tap water is 2-4 CF. Plants like that I'd probably be around 16-18 CF including tap CF, which converts to around 1.6 - 1.7 ec. Get some feed in there imo

Edited by iamafunkimunki
2 people like this

brilliant thank you for your responses!

i guess it must be under nute as they are kept warm, tent/res are in the house, res is never cold as ambient is 22c but i do have a water heater just in-case which is set to 18c.

i thought the rule of thumb was

if ec drops increase feed

if ec rises reduce feed

and if its unchanged then that's the correct ec

which is strange as my ec is very stable for over a week at .6

what should i bump it up to 1.0? and then slowly increase? my last grow i never went above 1.2 and in the last few weeks of flowering the ec kept rising sharply to 1.6! i got burn on that one to

edit: there in veg atm :) dont want flip until their better but their getting big

Edited by YouMust

Can't comment on the purple stems as its not something I've seen in a non deficient plant so I'd say its related to low feed and the resulting stress from it as 21 degree's is not low imo.

ec of .66 is what, CF 6-7, my tap water is 2-4 CF. Plants like that I'd probably be around 16-18 CF including tap CF, which converts to around 1.6 - 1.7 ec. Get some feed in there imo

From one of OTs tutorials I was reading last night..

"Phosphorus (P) deficiency:

Figure 11 is severe phosphorus (P) deficiency during flowering. Fan leaves are dark green or red/purple, and may turn yellow. Leaves may curl under, go brown and die. Small-formed buds are another main symptom.

Phosphorus deficiencies exhibit slow growing, weak and stunted plants with dark green or purple pigmentation in older leaves and stems.

Some deficiency during flowering is normal, but too much shouldn't be tolerated. Red petioles and stems are a normal, genetic characteristic for many varieties, plus it can also be a co-symptom of N, K, and Mg-deficiencies, so red stems are not a foolproof sign of P-deficiency. Too much P can lead to iron deficiency.

Purpling: accumulation of anthocyanin pigments; causes an overall dark green colour with a purple, red, or blue tint, and is the common sign of phosphate deficiency. Some plant species and varieties respond to phosphate deficiency by yellowing instead of purpling. Purpling is natural to some healthy ornamentals.

Wouldn't say it's genetic in this case. I'd agree with some that it's a symptom of deficiencies. Feed em bro.. sharpish lol Make sure the temps are good in the res.

They are starving mate I would up the ec to about 1.2.

The purple stems don't necessarily mean they are cold, any stress can cause this and being hungry is one of them.

Edited by ELO
3 people like this

never noticed the 'temps' you posted.... :)

Would just need to be fed more.

I'd start at 1.0 and see how they respond. The smaller leaves should green up and the new growth as well

hope ya have a good harvest

:)