Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Default Attribute

Mystery Oil

144 posts in this topic

I am still dabbing, but shall still continue to watch how this progresses. I am saving and looking at closed loop systems....

So I'm wondering if this mystery oil is staying in the finished product or if its being removed during the purging process. Whilst its not great that it is there at all surely if its not in the finished product then there should not be much to worry about? Apologies if this has already been covered, didn't see it anywhere.

In the US it seems quite a lot of oil has been tested for purity and such so I'm just a bit surprised that we are only just discovering this. Again maybe I missed or am missing something. Seems others with much more knowledge and understanding than I are concerned about it so I'm sure its with good reason.

Thankfully it does seem that the quantities were are looking at are quite low although over an extended period of time perhaps build up could have a negative impact especially for those who smoke/ vape bho exclusively.

peace

mello

mystery oil the guy on face book is trying to get some tested but his last sample got "lost" at the lab i think hes tring to get some more to them i haven't checked in a few days.

any chance the butane could be taking up some of this stuff from the atmosphere as it passes through air in a spray before collecting in the vessel?

i dont think so as the amount of oil increased as he blasted but still through the same tube which would only have butane cycled through the space in side.

that is just just a gestimate i ve come too after watching the vid on his page, its not a concrete.

gray wolf mentioned that some of it, one of the dyes might come from the plastic fitting on the end of the can, sorry cnt remember specifics it been over 2weeks worth of reading on this so far lol

Edited by Sancho Panza

OK, the lab tests are back and Mystery Oil is no longer a mystery. It is a soup of low toxic things and things that we don't want in our bodies, but all at levels lower that are considered a health concern so far. The report was 53 pages thick, with a two page summary of things in the parts per millionth level and the parts per billionth level.

I'm not having luck posting pictures, so here is a link to my Skunk Pharm Research posting, which identifies each constitute by name and CAS #, as well as giving the relative concentration in the sample.

An important thing to consider when you do your math, is that this sample represents 12 ppm contamination, or a quality level of 99.000088%, where reagent grades are only certified to 99.99%.

Near Zero 50 ppm certification is actually 99.999950%, but they are talking about different things, as reagent grade also considers propane and Isobutane contaminants.

More important when doing the math, is how much ends up in your actual product, which of course varies by how much butane you used and what your yield was, so it is a variable itself.

I don't feel completely comfortable with some of the constitutes at even PPB levels, even several 1000 times lower than published levels of concern, so I plan to vacuum distill any butane we get from any source, before using it in our product, simply because I can do so easily in a Terpenator and already have several.

For those of ya'll who don't, a simple cold trap at 29C/85F and operating at zero to positive pressure, without ever pulling a vacuum below zero (zero pressure, zero vacuum, 14.7 PSIA), will do the same thing for less money.

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/bho-mystery-oil/

Edited by Graywolf
6 people like this

Many thanks for more information, greatly appreciated. I have been looking at closed loop systems, they're not as daunting as I first thought. Should make the process much safer too. :D

1 person likes this

Thanks for that information Graywolf, very interesting.

Thanks for getting the stuff tested GrayWolf, I'm sure it'll put plenty folks minds at ease. :)

You numbers are a little confusing to me though.. You say parts per millionth numerous times? So a you mean a millionth of a part per million? Wouldn't that just be parts per trillion of the original gas tested? :unsure:

Also, on the SkunkPharm website is says 'PPM in the study should be divided by 1,000,000 and multiplied by .000,012, to get the concentration.'

Why are there commas after the decimal point? Do you mean .000012? Just hoping you can clarify so anyone using a calculator doesn't get an error reading. :geek:

Thanks again.

:yinyang:

Edited by Saddam
1 person likes this

I think some figures on one page were Parts Per Millionth, but on another page it was Parts Per Billionth.

1 Parts Per Billionth is 1/1000th the amount of 1 Parts Per Millionth. (Thousand x million = billion, well that's what most people consider a billion. It used to be a million millions, but people wanted to be billionaires :D )

I think the coma is just a coma, scientist use them as dividers when they get long numbers with the same value, like 0.000,012

1 person likes this

I think some figures on one page were Parts Per Millionth, but on another page it was Parts Per Billionth.

1 Parts Per Billionth is 1/1000th the amount of 1 Parts Per Millionth. (Thousand x million = billion, well that's what most people consider a billion. It used to be a million millions, but people wanted to be billionaires :D )

I think the coma is just a coma, scientist use them as dividers when they get long numbers with the same value, like 0.000,012

Aye, but a millionth of a millionth of a gram isn't a billionth of a gram either. lol Maybe a billionth of a millionth of a gram? Or is it a billionth of the original sample?

eta- Which is it? hence the confusion. :unsure:

To me, Trillion is a million x a million or the fit annoying woman in hitchhiker's guide. :geek:

Yeah, it's Trillian, but the joke doesn't work then. :doh:

Edited by Saddam

Why you doing million by million? Confused as, sure that dab did'nt help. :D

1 person likes this

Why you doing million by million? Confused as, sure that dab did'nt help. :D

the mystery oil was measured at 12 PPM of the gas tested. PPM = parts per million.. a millionth of a part per million is a trillionth or one part per trillion? lol Or am I missing something? :unsure:

eta- a pure sample of the mystery oil was sent away to be tested so all the PPM figures were a PPM figure of a PPM figure. Confused yet?

My head hurts. :)

Edited by Saddam

The sample of mystery oil was at a concentration of 12PPM, when compared to the amount of butane used to collect that amount (the 50+ cans or however many).

The mystery oil is then analysed, giving the PPM of things like Benzenamine. This PPM for the nasty chemicals, is just in relation to the mystery oil, not the initial entire amount of canned butane.